***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Discussion in 'College Sports Forum' started by kpcane, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Paint on My Hands from Paintin the Perfect Picture Finheaven VIP Donator

Yea for sure. i didn't want to make it seem like he was completely useless. But if this team wants to win a ACC championship game and get into the CFP . . . He is not that guy. Too many erratic stretches of throwing the ball.

I made the comparison before, both the Canes and Dolphins are similar. Both suck on third downs, both have inconsistent play on the OLine and at QB . . . The big difference is, one team knows how to create turnovers and that is why they had success this season

CoronaDoug likes this.
  2. phins_4_ever

phins_4_ever E12 FH Tailgate Gang Moderator Finheaven VIP

...and one team seems to have a much brighter future than the other...:laugh

Kdawg954 and CoronaDoug like this.
  3. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Paint on My Hands from Paintin the Perfect Picture Finheaven VIP Donator

Man that is one chunky kicker. He made it tho.

4. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

We found the Pillsbury Dough Boy

Kdawg954 and CoronaDoug like this.
  5. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

This wildcat crap...

6. Kdawg954

So I am disappointed that Jeff Thomas did absolutely nothing on kickoffs all year.

He is very Ted Ginn like. Needs a running start before that top gear speed is shown. Rather see DJ Dallas back there.

7. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

We need to find the next Devin Hester.

8. Kdawg954

if they didn't call that I was gonna drive down to the Rock and do more to the ref than Richt did

9. Kdawg954

OMG Malik. Goodness

10. CoronaDoug

The defense is tired.

11. Kdawg954

Yea, Richt had to go deep into the bench.

Hoping they can hold them to 3. Not looking good tho

12. CoronaDoug

Time of possession... One chain appearance... I am not blaming all on Rosier but we need to add Richt as the play caller to the list.

13. Kdawg954

Our DBs having a bad night in the redzone.

All three tds were the same. Almost like Wisconsin aaw something on tape with how we defend down there.

Down 10. With 7:43 to play. Lets battle boys.

14. Kdawg954

Need 7 here

CoronaDoug likes this.
  15. CoronaDoug

16. Kdawg954

man we miss Richards and Herndon down here

17. CoronaDoug

Badgley has crapped the bed this last part of the season

18. Kdawg954

19. CoronaDoug

Another maybe next year....

20. Kdawg954

Welp can pack it up now.

21. Kdawg954

Yea Badgley has been terrible in the 2nd half of the season.

He went from sure fire Sunday kicker to an afterthought

CoronaDoug likes this.
  22. Kdawg954

Heck of a season regardless of the ending.

We got some nastiness coming to both offensive and defensive lines. A hell of a DB class coming in. We got big time Rb help coming and most importantly a hell of a QB battle starting in the spring.

Hopefully we learn to hate this feeling and really make a triumphant return on the scene next year.

fishfanmiami and CoronaDoug like this.
  23. CoronaDoug

24. datruth55

datruth55 Starter Finheaven VIP

Good season.

Rosier, you gutted it out...well done. You'll be a good clipboard holder for N'Kosi Perry next year.

fishfanmiami and CoronaDoug like this.
  25. phins_4_ever

Season 2: yet another improvement. Considering this team is young and lost its starting RB, one of its top receivers and its starting TE we did well. We had a taste of the good old days and a glimpse into the future. Next year's goal is winning the ACC and entering the playoffs.

fishfanmiami likes this.
  26. CoronaDoug

A shout out to the seniors. Not the ideal way to go out but the few classes before them had it much worse.

fishfanmiami and phins_4_ever like this.
  27. Michael Scott

Michael Scott A True Fan

1. Rosier is just an awful, awful, awful QB. One of the worse in school history. I don't care about any numbers. Just a disgusting performance. We easily beat that sorry *** team with an average QB. Two times we had momentum and he single handedly swung it back their way. If he wins the job next season we are ****ed.

2. Our secondary sucks outside of Johnson. It has all year. We knew this coming in. They feast on a lot of turnovers, but they all get torched often. Delaney and Redwine refuse to ever turn their heads around when in good position.

3. Richt needs to give up play calling. His play calling in the redzone is some of the worse I've ever seen. I hate how he goes away from what's working. Didn't see the wildcat again after Deejay Dallas broke off the long TD run. Put the ball back in his horrible QB's hands after.

4. Manny Diaz is extremely overrated. Nuff said.

5. Our secondary made a **** QB who isn't that much better than Rosier look like a Heisman candidate. That was pretty embarrassing. I don't know how many balls he fit in a tight window where the DB simply didn't turn his ****ing head. Don't let that fool you.... We got shredded by a POS QB. Hornibrook is trash. Ask the Big Ten.

28. Michael Scott

Michael Scott A True Fan

I was disappointed in getting blown out by Clemson, but understand they are presently the far superior team.

This is just.... Disgusting. Wisconsin is NOT an elite football team at all. Not even close. There's a reason they've been called pretenders all season. We had them on the ropes early and our piece of **** QB gave them life. All momentum, confidence, and life was lost on that horrible screen pass that got picked off and led to 21 unanswered points.

I am not a sore loser.... I keep it real.... But the Badgers SUCK. Says a lot about us. To lose three straight games to end the season, and 2/3 of those losses being @PITT and HOME against Wisconsin is embarrassing.

We got worked by a QB who shouldn't even play for a Power 5 school, and a true freshman receiver. That's pathetic and shameful.

Bitter taste in the mouth to end the season. Unless huge changes are made this team is going to get smacked in the mouth by LSU in the opener. Perry better be ready and he better earn that job.

29. Michael Scott

Michael Scott A True Fan

He shouldn't even be top 3 on the depth chart. I'll be disappointed in our QBs and their development if he isn't jumped by Perry, Williams, and Cade.

Whoever can't jump him should have their scholarship revoked.

And what's sad about it all is that Sherrifs is even worse.

30. Michael Scott

Michael Scott A True Fan

This is what makes me most hopeful, aside from my belief that N'Kosi Perry is a budding superstar.

The DB class is stellar, and right now we only have three DBs on the entire roster that I want having a chance at playing time next season (Johnson, Young, Bandy). Definitely need to get Campbell in though. I doubt Surtain Jr. will come especially after last night. It's a shame we lost Jobe.

I am also not a fan of Travis Homer at all. He breaks big runs when he can get through the blocks untouched, but he is otherwise an extremely average tailback. Lingard should easily step in as a true freshman and follow the great tradition of RB in this program. I like Deejay as a secondary option and don't sleep on Cam'Ron Davis.

31. Awsi Dooger

Awsi Dooger A True Fan

Wisconsin had a YPPA Differential of +2.5 entering the game -- 8.3 offensively and 5.8 defensively. That is very good. I have no idea how anybody thought it was an opponent the Canes should handle easily. Miami was a modest +1.2 -- 7.4 offensively and 6.2 defensively.

The preseason consensus also favored Wisconsin -- 9th to 17th.

When both of those categories point to the opponent then it's a bad sign. Miami did not draw a near impossible bowl assignment like Alabama or Ohio State but we were rightfully the underdog. The outcome was about right.

I hate the RPO. Richt is obsessed with it but he simply doesn't run the ball often enough. Miami was out rushed 44 attempts to 29. During the season the Canes averaged roughly 32 rushes. That won't take us anywhere if it continues.

Wisconsin had such a gorgeous offense that transitioned seamlessly between snaps from center and shotgun. That power based offense enables the offense as a whole to put perform the talent level. With the Canes it's somewhat the opposite.

I'm glad the recruits were mostly locked up before Richt had his Mini Woody Hayes moment late in the first half. That would not play well in living rooms. It was nothing but a run of the mill missed penalty call, and hardly the most blatant one of all time. I couldn't believe he imploded like that.

Canes need superior defensive tackles than Norton and McIntosh. They are like Tannehill -- unquestionably superior to recent players at the position but nobody will care about them at all once elite talent is located.

LSU is a tough ask in next year's opener.

32. phins_4_ever

Happy new year to all Canes fans wherever they may be.

Hope all your dreams and wishes come true and a happy and healthy 2018 to you, your family and loved ones and an ACC Championship and a National Championship (football and basketball).

fishfanmiami, CoronaDoug and Kdawg954 like this.
  33. CoronaDoug

34. fishfanmiami

fishfanmiami Have you seen junior's grades ? Moderator Finheaven VIP

phins_4_ever and CoronaDoug like this.
  35. CoronaDoug

Miami Hurricanes defensive tackle Kendrick Norton is entering the NFL Draft

36. Kdawg954

Welp thats 1 of them. Hopefully RJ sticks around.

CoronaDoug likes this.
  37. CoronaDoug

Both Miami Hurricanes starting defensive tackles leaving early for NFL Draft

38. CedarPhin

CedarPhin King of the Winter Carnival Finheaven VIP

Nice season really, even with a disappointing finish...I really like what Richt is building at UM...definitely an upgrade over the Shannon/Coker/Goblin errors.

We’re a young team, don’t have a lot of depth, and you see it when we match up against the Clemsons and Wisconsins of the CFB world. Love what Rosier did for us, but he is who he is, a backup baseball player who was our least worst option to start this year. Hopefully Perry takes hold in Spring, but don’t sleep on Jarren Williams or even the Weldon kid if he can keep his mouth off the peace pipe.

Love the direction we’re headed...disappointed in the way it ended this year, but if you’d have told me before the year that we’d have won @FSU, throttled VT and ND back to back, won the Coastal, 10 games, and played in the Orange Bowl with Rosier, I’d have asked you where the good weed you got was at.

Lots of stuff to work on, but we’re headed up.

fishfanmiami likes this.
  39. fishfanmiami

fishfanmiami Have you seen junior's grades ? Moderator Finheaven VIP

40. CedarPhin

CedarPhin King of the Winter Carnival Finheaven VIP

Couldn’t we put Thomas or Harley in the slot?

fishfanmiami likes this.