***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 225 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the FSU vs UFelony game; Since Thug UF has no idea how to use a passing QB like Brantley, I say we take him off their hands like we did Berlin.
He's all yours. We'll even take Jacory off your hands for him. We need another headset guy anyway.

If there's any redemption for today, it's watching UFelony and Urban Meyer Wiener getting their **** kicked in.

just ****ing pathetic...

why do all the god damn teams down here suck?

i've had enough of the world's biggest excuse machine and his garbage pickory QB.

oh and it looks like jimbo fisher in his first year:
1. 9 win season, first since 2003
2. if MD holds...makes ACC championship game in his 1st freaking year...
3. top 5 recruiting class

wow...FSU is gonna be real good next year....

pathetic four years shannon...wasting all that talent...

I'd go after Dan Mullen if I was Miami... although he might not leave Miss. St. for UM...:lol:

I'd give it a shot though...

A meeting is being held tonight around 8:00PM. Shalala, Hocutt, Shannon, and a couple BOT members.

This is all I know as of right now but I think this is it....

One thing about Shalala...she's very classy. If she's going to act she will act quickly and get this over with. So we could have a decision by midnight tonight.

I will not put this phone down for the rest of the evening lol.

Thanks for the heads up JCane. To say I am anxious to hear the news would be an understatement.

A meeting is being held tonight around 8:00PM. Shalala, Hocutt, Shannon, and a couple BOT members.

This is all I know as of right now but I think this is it....

One thing about Shalala...she's very classy. If she's going to act she will act quickly and get this over with. So we could have a decision by midnight tonight.

I will not put this phone down for the rest of the evening lol.
My hopes are up. I wont be near a tv or computer so let me know what happens.

Cane, this is really good news, its a sad day in South Florida Sports when the highlight we've had thus far is FIU winning the Sun Belt Conference...no disrespect to them believe me, I am an alum...is there any truth the Cristobal rumors? I'm not crazy about him personally...

In related news, are there any legs to the Gruden talk? I would love him for our fins, but i guess ill settle on him at the U, as long as he doesnt leave back to the NFL anytime soon...

At the end of the day, I truly believe Shannon has to go, I dont believe we have improved under him at all...we're slightly more competent than with Coker...nothing to write home about, it is truly an indictment what Jumbo has done up in Tally with comparable talent...

Unfortunately there are legs on the Cristobal rumor. I'm personally not a fan because he's essentially the same hire as Shannon. Another name that has floated around is Mark Richt at Georgia. He's probably gone. Another name to consider is the head coach at Wisconsin. His name escapes me but Shalala is real close to the Wisconsin athletic department. Her and Barry Alvarez have been close for many many years.

Gruden's name has been mentioned but I don't know how seriously they'd consider him at this moment. That may change soon. From what I've heard Gruden has said that he'd be interested in the Miami job. But that was said off record so right now you're not going to get Gruden to say that until Shannon is gone. That's just a code amongst coaching circles.

This maybe rock bottom..I have not felt this bad since losing to East Carolina after being up huge at halftime..

How could we lose to South Florida?

This game meant alot for recruiting...

Randy Shannon has to go....

This maybe rock bottom..I have not felt this bad since losing to East Carolina after being up huge at halftime..

How could we lose to South Florida?

This game meant alot for recruiting...

Randy Shannon has to go....

Waiting patiently to hear what is going on in the meeting that is taking place right now.

By the way, if and when Shannon is fired, Mario Cristobal WILL get at the very least a courtesy interview. He'll get that interview because of his time spent at Miami and because of his South Florida ties. The Miami AD would absolutely help him out in that regard.

I'm fine with a Cristobal courtesy interview...help him out with other job opportunities.

Would a new coach keep any of the existing staff like Whipple, etc?

Cristobal is going to be able to move on from FIU to bigger and better things, I believe he has done GREAT things at FIU, but UM is in need of a BIG hire...I feel like Gruden, if indeed the rumors are correct, would be a fantastic hire for Kirby...he brings instant cred to the program, and probably would bring people with him that have extensive pro experience. Itd be a no brainer if he wants the job, any program in need of a coach would be lucky...I am fine with the Cristobal interview, but if Gruden is there for the taking, we'd be idiots to not hire him...all the damage that Randy has done with the recruiting in the past year or so, Gruden would be able to pick up the pieces and more, by name only...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom