***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
the 1988 Miami - Oklahoma game is on the Sunshine Network right now... they are with Jimmuh, right now.

What is sad is that when the announcer mentioned the 1987 Fiesta Bowl loss, I remembered it and it still pisses me off :lol:

In this (1988) game, we preview two future Dallas HC's and more than a few NFL stars. THIS was the game where we shut down their dominate run offense and shut their yap.

I just ordered on DVD two of the Canes/ND games from the late-80's, as well as this OU game you guys are talking about. Love the Canes but UM "history" for me is really little before 1998 :lol: Figured it's time to get myself acquainted with the "good ol' days"

I just ordered on DVD two of the Canes/ND games from the late-80's, as well as this OU game you guys are talking about. Love the Canes but UM "history" for me is really little before 1998 :lol: Figured it's time to get myself acquainted with the "good ol' days"
Well, young Jedi, your teachings should start back in the day of the first years of greatness. You should look to get the "Miami Hurricanes: Modern Dynasty Series Box Set". It's 5 DVD's covering all the Championships as well as other documentaries. Here's a link :http://www.amazon.com/Miami-Hurricanes-Modern-Dynasty-Box/dp/B00016R5QU No die-hard Canes fan should be without it, as it states the obvious, that we're the best that ever was, and then some.:D Enjoy!:peace: :lol: Seriously, 5 Championships in 20 years, that's hard to beat, read up on your history. We have too much to be proud of to let it be forgotten. The book 'Cane Mutiny' by Bruce Feldman is another great one. Lots of great stories about the path to greatness. We OWNED the 80's in College Football, everybody was scared to death of us. Read up on it, and you'll be proud to say, "It's great, to be, a Miami Hurricane!":D Any additional info needed, pm me.:peace:

Well, young Jedi, your teachings should start back in the day of the first years of greatness. You should look to get the "Miami Hurricanes: Modern Dynasty Series Box Set". It's 5 DVD's covering all the Championships as well as other documentaries. Here's a link :http://www.amazon.com/Miami-Hurricanes-Modern-Dynasty-Box/dp/B00016R5QU No die-hard Canes fan should be without it, as it states the obvious, that we're the best that ever was, and then some.:D Enjoy!:peace: :lol: Seriously, 5 Championships in 20 years, that's hard to beat, read up on your history. We have too much to be proud of to let it be forgotten. The book 'Cane Mutiny' by Bruce Feldman is another great one. Lots of great stories about the path to greatness. We OWNED the 80's in College Football, everybody was scared to death of us. Read up on it, and you'll be proud to say, "It's great, to be, a Miami Hurricane!":D Any additional info needed, pm me.:peace:

That's some awesome info. man. Thanks v. much. I grew up loving the Canes of the late 90's and into the recent dynasty...the last few years I haven't really been a huge fan of anyone, just a fan of the game, but I've spent this offseason watching and re-watching old Canes tapes and I'm more of a fan than ever...there's something about the passion, and the history, the swagger, the pride -- 5 national championships in 20 years, like you said...you see that passion in every game played, even if the team lacked talent last season, I can see that there was that heart in there, deep deep down, to be a Hurricane and live up to it all.

I'm going to check out that stuff...I've heard all the names like Irvin, Kelly and Kosar, & of course Schnellenberger and JJ but I think watching them will put all the history in perspective for a younger guy like me :up:

where the Champs. buckle up this years gonna be a long one for ya, b/c well... its all about the U! Cant wait to smack you softies around in '08.

:lol: Where the champs?? Until someone else wins next season, we are the champs. Can't wait til 08.

:lol: Where the champs?? Until someone else wins next season, we are the champs. Can't wait til 08.

It's like the rookie of the year commerical on Sportscenter. Chris Paul is cathcing **** from Stuart Scott even though he's not a rookie this season, Stu is like it says "rookie of THE year."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom