***Official N.Y. Jets @ Buffalo Thursday Night Football Game Thread*** | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official N.Y. Jets @ Buffalo Thursday Night Football Game Thread***

Kournikova

Rookie
Reaction score
New York Jets and Buffalo Bills meet together in a nationally televised Thursday Night Football Game for the second consecutive season. Bills upset the Jets22-17 in the first-ever NFL game with the players wearing color-rush uniforms at MetLife Stadiium back on November 12, 2015.

CBS Sports. WFOR Channel 4 in Miami, and The NFL Network is simulcasting the game, with kickoff from New Era Field tonight at 8:25PM Eastern Standard Time.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2016091500/2016/REG2/jets@bills#menu=gameinfo&tab=preview

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2016/tnf

This will be a **** show. Most teams are hardly in game shape week one with the practice restrictions. Now with minimal opportunity to prepare and recover we get the first two teams to be slung in to Thursday Night Football money pit. I try and convince myself that I want to watch more football until I'm subjected to these TNF matchups. They should really do away with these unsightly quick turnarounds.

Bill's have a lot of players out and banged up. This will come down to which QB wants it most...let's see if the Bill's spent their money wisely.

Jets 24
Bills 10

I do hate the Thursday night games and feel that they should only be a thing after both team have come off a bye (if they want to have them). The travel team is almost always at a disadvantage.

Jets should win this game. It's a Thursday night game and division rival so it won't be easy but I truly believe that the Jets are the superior team. As long as the conditions are fine for Fitz to be successful he should be able to perform well. I expect Marshall to break out and recover from a brutal week 1. He had a terrible drop on the Jets last possession.

Fitz played pretty well on Sunday, but he and the Jets offense need to convert better in the RZ. With the Jets opening schedule this game is to big for them to lose. If they are 0-2 staring at the Chiefs and Seahawks we have a huge problem. Therefore, I expect them to win.

Jets should win this game. It's a Thursday night game and division rival so it won't be easy but I truly believe that the Jets are the superior team. As long as the conditions are fine for Fitz to be successful he should be able to perform well. I expect Marshall to break out and recover from a brutal week 1. He had a terrible drop on the Jets last possession.

Fitz played pretty well on Sunday, but he and the Jets offense need to convert better in the RZ. With the Jets opening schedule this game is to big for them to lose. If they are 0-2 staring at the Chiefs and Seahawks we have a huge problem. Therefore, I expect them to win.

Fitz was awful on Sunday, he needs to play a lot better but so does Marshall. Marshall is our best player on O and makes Fitz look good. we need 2015 Marshall to be a top 10 type O.

Fitz was awful on Sunday, he needs to play a lot better but so does Marshall. Marshall is our best player on O and makes Fitz look good. we need 2015 Marshall to be a top 10 type O.

Fitz wasn't awful at all. He walked off the field with the lead. Our kicker and secondary blew the game. Sometimes I wonder if you watch the same game everyone else is watching.

Fitz need's to convert more in the RZ. But when he left the field we were up. Our D gave up the lead. Fitz got the ball back with 54 seconds and no timeouts on the clock on his own 25. Expecting him to march down the field against a good defense in that situation isn't realistic. But even so, he threw the first ball to Marshall for 25 yards but Marshall dropped it. That was our only chance. He made the throw he needed to make and a future Hall of Fame receiver dropped a ball.

Fitz wasn't awful at all. He walked off the field with the lead. Our kicker and secondary blew the game. Sometimes I wonder if you watch the same game everyone else is watching.

Fitz need's to convert more in the RZ. But when he left the field we were up. Our D gave up the lead. Fitz got the ball back with 54 seconds and no timeouts on the clock on his own 25. Expecting him to march down the field against a good defense in that situation isn't realistic. But even so, he threw the first ball to Marshall for 25 yards but Marshall dropped it. That was our only chance. He made the throw he needed to make and a future Hall of Fame receiver dropped a ball.

we should have been up by 2 TDs, he walked off the field w/ a 2 pt lead w/ a boatload of time to play then got the ball back w/ enough time to at least get in long FG range. he was also the benficiary of some incredible field position and fialed to take advantage AND the run game got us back into that game and gave us the lead.

if he plays like that we won't be a playoff team. that game was handed to us on a silver platter and one of the reasons we blew it was b/c of his poor play. it comes down to Marshall, when marshall is normal he makes Fitz look good. when he isn't then Fitz looks like pre 2015 Fitz.

we should have been up by 2 TDs, he walked off the field w/ a 2 pt lead w/ a boatload of time to play then got the ball back w/ enough time to at least get in long FG range. he was also the benficiary of some incredible field position and fialed to take advantage AND the run game got us back into that game and gave us the lead.

if he plays like that we won't be a playoff team. that game was handed to us on a silver platter and one of the reasons we blew it was b/c of his poor play. it comes down to Marshall, when marshall is normal he makes Fitz look good. when he isn't then Fitz looks like pre 2015 Fitz.

Fitz is what he is. Average. He needs players like Marshall, Decker, and Forte to be successful. People place to high of expectations on him. He's a game manager. He's not going to carry a team to victory with his arm. That's not what he is. He's the best option for a team who hasn't had a QB since Pennington. He's a stopgap holding down the job until hopefully one of our young QB's steps up. He's a great guy to learn from. On the field, he's limited.

How should we have been up by 2 TD's? Fitz did the best job he could do against a top tier defense with a great D-Line. He missed some throws, but also made some plays. Threw a great TD pass to Decker.

I'm starting to think you just don't like Fitz and want him to fail because you just don't like him and you want to prove some kind of point. So when the team losses you look to place blame on him regardless of how he plays. He was far from awful on Sunday. Sure he could have been better. But he's Ryan Fitzpatrick, not Tom Brady. And when he got the ball back he threw a perfect pass to Marshall who dropped the ball. How can you overlook that? That would have put us at midfield with about 30 seconds left. The Bengals got a lucky break and weren't going to let something like that happen again. The blame for that loss goes to

1. Nick Folk

2. The Jets secondary

3. Brandon Marshall

The Bengals won 12 games last year. They have a wonderful team/organization. They do a great job. Expecting the Jets to beat up on them isn't realistic. They are the better team an or kicker handed them the game

Fitz is what he is. Average. He needs players like Marshall, Decker, and Forte to be successful. People place to high of expectations on him. He's a game manager. He's not going to carry a team to victory with his arm. That's not what he is. He's the best option for a team who hasn't had a QB since Pennington. He's a stopgap holding down the job until hopefully one of our young QB's steps up. He's a great guy to learn from. On the field, he's limited.

How should we have been up by 2 TD's? Fitz did the best job he could do against a top tier defense with a great D-Line. He missed some throws, but also made some plays. Threw a great TD pass to Decker.

I'm starting to think you just don't like Fitz and want him to fail because you just don't like him and you want to prove some kind of point. So when the team losses you look to place blame on him regardless of how he plays. He was far from awful on Sunday. Sure he could have been better. But he's Ryan Fitzpatrick, not Tom Brady. And when he got the ball back he threw a perfect pass to Marshall who dropped the ball. How can you overlook that? That would have put us at midfield with about 30 seconds left. The Bengals got a lucky break and weren't going to let something like that happen again. The blame for that loss goes to

1. Nick Folk

2. The Jets secondary

3. Brandon Marshall

The Bengals won 12 games last year. They have a wonderful team/organization. They do a great job. Expecting the Jets to beat up on them isn't realistic. They are the better team an or kicker handed them the game

he didn't need to carry anything, he needed to make better reads and passes and we win by double digits. No one is or ever has asked him to carry an offense.

Folk did a bad job but even w/ those misses we should have won.
Revis and the secondary struggled
Marshall struggled

all true but Fitz had a million chances w/ short fields most of the day and couldn't take advantage.

cincy is a very good team that was missing a bunch of key players. we gave the game away.

I am ok w/ Fitz but to say he played well last week just isn't true, he was not good.

he didn't need to carry anything, he needed to make better reads and passes and we win by double digits. No one is or ever has asked him to carry an offense.

Folk did a bad job but even w/ those misses we should have won.
Revis and the secondary struggled
Marshall struggled

all true but Fitz had a million chances w/ short fields most of the day and couldn't take advantage.

cincy is a very good team that was missing a bunch of key players. we gave the game away.

I am ok w/ Fitz but to say he played well last week just isn't true, he was not good.

You said he was awful. To call him awful isn't fair to him. He wasn't awful. Could he have played better? Sure. But Cincy gets paid to play as well. They weren't going to let that game get out of hand. They are to good for that. This was going to be a close game that came down to a play or two. In close games like that you can't have your kicker miss 2 chip shots. One getting blocked and then blowing an extra point. That's on Folk. He's the biggest culprit. Fitz could have played better, sure. But to say he was awful isn't fair. If Folk does his job then the Bengals need to score a TD at the end instead of a FG.

Fitz walked off the field with the lead and our D gave it up. AJ Green lit our defense up.

You said he was awful. To call him awful isn't fair to him. He wasn't awful. Could he have played better? Sure. But Cincy gets paid to play as well. They weren't going to let that game get out of hand. They are to good for that. This was going to be a close game that came down to a play or two. In close games like that you can't have your kicker miss 2 chip shots. One getting blocked and then blowing an extra point. That's on Folk. He's the biggest culprit. Fitz could have played better, sure. But to say he was awful isn't fair. If Folk does his job then the Bengals need to score a TD at the end instead of a FG.

Fitz walked off the field with the lead and our D gave it up. AJ Green lit our defense up.

ok, awful may be a stretch but he wasn't good.

he walked off the field w/ a 2 pt lead w/ plenty of time, he had a chance to get us into the EZ w/ a 1st and G from the 3 and he failed. he also had a chance to get into FG range and yes we didn't have a lot of time but HE wasted one of our TOs.

Back
Top Bottom