**Official NCAA Basketball Regular Season Thread** | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official NCAA Basketball Regular Season Thread**

Tough loss yesterday for the Cardinals but there were steps made in the right direction for this team. A few minor improvements and this is a Final 4 caliber team.

you guys have a really good team, that was a great game. Your guards lit it up. What I loved was the top players on each team not having a great game but gutting out injuries and making some plays late. UL will likely beat the Heels in Louisville and UL has a great shot to win the ACC.

And Duke goes down (again) :up:

Dukegame_zps988b81ef-1.jpg

Coming after you Junc and Buddy and Lou :enforcer:

It's always fun to watch duke lose. I love that helpless hand on face look K gets when that is happening.

Heels won again last night at State even though some questionable things made it much closer than it should have been.

If y'all can't beat FSU this year in round ball, something is definitely wrong. Although, we did beat UF so the season is not a total loss.

Man, Duke looks atrocious on defense, especially defending opposing guards. That doesn't bode well for them this Saturday at noon here in the Yum! Center.

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

February 3rd in Miami and then on the 21st here in Louisville. Be careful what you wish for.

duke dismantled Louisville on Saturday, very disappointing.

Well Duke wasn't going to lose 3 in a row. That had me worried going in. But, also, this Louisville team just doesn't shoot the ball very well and that's on Rick. A couple of years ago after a season with a team like this one (that couldn't throw it in the ocean) Rick said he told his assistants to not bring him any wing player recruits if they couldn't shoot. Well here we are again with a team that can't score the basketball. The team defense is ok but now there's no 5 man to protect the rim on regular basis. There's basically a 3 headed monster at the 5 spot, Mathiang is a role player, Onouaku doesn't practice hard enough, and Mahmoud is still young and weights 200 lbs.

With all that being said, Louisville typically drops games in January as this in the month where Rick does his best work on the team. He figures out rotations and where individual players need to specifically improve along with scheme adjustments. February the team turns the corner and gets ready for March. We'll see if that holds serve with this team as well. Although they are still always going to be prone to shooting games like they had against Duke and UK.

Several good teams in the conference that are going to beat up on each other. The ACC tournament should be a great run up to March madness.
Too bad Maryland changed conferences. They looked strong sat vs Mich st.

Well we got our revenge on UNC for the loss in Chapel Hill. Just flat out beat 'em to death in the second half and OT. Outstanding win by the Cards. Too bad Junc is in timeout right now.:lol:

Now on to Miami tomorrow night. The guys got yesterday off, film work and practice today and off to South Beach tonight.

Buddy should be happy with the FSU win over us last night. I'm just hoping you guys have your eyes on Virginia and we can steal one in Miami tomorrow.

Buddy should be happy with the FSU win over us last night. I'm just hoping you guys have your eyes on Virginia and we can steal one in Miami tomorrow.

Maybe but we play better on the road than at home. Pitino usually has the guys focused.

The only thing we have going for us is we usually play up ( or down) to the competition. We beat Duke and played Virginia into OT then lose to a bad GT team and an average FSU squad.
Hope it's on one of the ESPN channels.

The only thing we have going for us is we usually play up ( or down) to the competition. We beat Duke and played Virginia into OT then lose to a bad GT team and an average FSU squad.
Hope it's on one of the ESPN channels.

It's on the ACCN so that's the local NBC affilate here in Louisville, not sure what that is in Miami.

Thanks Lou. I get that one here in GA .

****ing Miami v. Florida State on Saturday.

Holy hell was I angry.

Blew a 16 point lead...up 11 at the half.

And then it looked like Al Golden drew up the final possession.

Back
Top Bottom