**Official NCAA Championship Tournament Thread** | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official NCAA Championship Tournament Thread**

And the fun starts.... there is like no defense in the UCLA v UAB match-up. UAB is allowing them to hit the paint and Parker down low is just having a field day with like 17 points already with 4 minutes left... UAB themselves are hitting 3s everywhere, led by Brown. Back and forth... keep this going!!!

I hate Cincy, HUGE rival... but I hate Calipari and Kentucky ridiculously. Lets go Cincy!!! no second chances for Kentucky, play aggressive, find and hit your good looks!!!
.............. well kept it close for a bit. gotta pound it more into the paint area and get them off the boards offensively. no more free throws for KEntucky. man.... lets come back this second half Cincy!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Canes thump the Tide in the NIT as if anyone cares :)

This Cincy vs Kentucky game has been great, its been really chippy

very chippy, very physical, very unnecessary.... its Cincy doing their street ballin' crap as always. they'll yap it up, pound it up, then flop around... SHENANIGANS!!! i cant stand their style. but gotta cheer them on against Kentucky here.

Cincy gotta start shooting though, get good looks inside more.

Refs gotta get this under control... that technical they gave to Kentucky Harrison was actually instigated by Ellis from Cincy... the replay showed it too.

very chippy, very physical, very unnecessary.... its Cincy doing their street ballin' crap as always. they'll yap it up, pound it up, then flop around... SHENANIGANS!!! i cant stand their style. but gotta cheer them on against Kentucky here.

Cincy gotta start shooting though, get good looks inside more.

Refs gotta get this under control... that technical they gave to Kentucky Harrison was actually instigated by Ellis from Cincy... the replay showed it too.

I like it when the games get a little chippy, it reminds me of the old Big East. I'm surprised how close Cincy has been able to keep this game, but I wouldn't be shocked if Kentucky started to pull away in the last 10 minutes.

I like it when the games get a little chippy, it reminds me of the old Big East. I'm surprised how close Cincy has been able to keep this game, but I wouldn't be shocked if Kentucky started to pull away in the last 10 minutes.

yeah... kentucky honestly hasnt played overly well, but still have the lead. Cincy just cant shoot. they arent a great team really.

Big East actually still has the physicality and intense play that it used too... just some different teams are involved now as well with some regulars. its been an awesome Big East season to watch. stunk last night losing St. John's (who had Obekpa suspended their big guy) and Providence who just played unlike themselves.

and well... Cincy is getting closer to done. just not a great overall team, cant shoot well, didnt get to the line well. they play street ball anyways.

i cant wait for Xavier vs. Georgia State!!! 6:10.... should be a fun match-up
Arizona vs. Ohio St starts first at 5:15 though... two great ex-Xavier coaches battling it out. Lets go Ohio State... I'd rather not face Zona!!!

..... great first half of Ohio State and Arizona... awesome game. Ohio State needs to keep moving the ball like they were early, get the good shots. Russell relax a bit on your quick shots. work it.... all about the second half. and York is now 5/9 from 3 for Zona... yikes they jumping all over the buckeyes.

Xavier: solid start.. .gotta get the defense communicating more. Myles Davis keep them shots falling!!! more aggressiveness needed X!!!
....... man I am more nervous than ever. RJ Hunter is eyeing us from 3, and they are on fire from there. NO LAZY TURNOVERS... We need to get into the paint more, and communicate defensively, we are getting rolled up on everywhere. Xavier only up 32-28 at half!!!
...... good ball movement, but we gotta move faster off ball offensively, lets keep this run going!!!.... GET THE BALL INSIDE!!!
...... MYLES DAVIS IS FEELING IT FROM 3!!! keep the defense active!!!

oh my god... what a battle. i am so nervous still, and Georgia State continues to work at us.
BIG SHOTS at end... hitting free throws... making great passes. i love this squad!!! SWEET 16 XAVIER!!!
X_fulclr_on_blue.jpg

yeah... kentucky honestly hasnt played overly well, but still have the lead. Cincy just cant shoot. they arent a great team really.

Big East actually still has the physicality and intense play that it used too... just some different teams are involved now as well with some regulars. its been an awesome Big East season to watch. stunk last night losing St. John's (who had Obekpa suspended their big guy) and Providence who just played unlike themselves.

and well... Cincy is getting closer to done. just not a great overall team, cant shoot well, didnt get to the line well. they play street ball anyways.

i cant wait for Xavier vs. Georgia State!!! 6:10.... should be a fun match-up
Arizona vs. Ohio St starts first at 5:15 though

I haven't really followed the Big East too closely since ND left, I used to frequent the Big East tournament before the conference fell apart. How does Butler look this year? We play em at 9:40 tonight

I haven't really followed the Big East too closely since ND left, I used to frequent the Big East tournament before the conference fell apart. How does Butler look this year? We play em at 9:40 tonight

so excited for that game!!!! Butler is a very scrappy team that plays physical. has Woods as a great rebounder down low, and their G/F Roosevelt Jones is like a LB coming at you... used his body well and physical around the hoop. i think he tweeked up his knee though, not sure how he is feeling fully. otherwise they got 2 very good shooters at the G position from outside, and all are scrappy on defense, and way extend at you on ball.

Kellen Dunham is their leader and main guy... he can shoot and create!!!
Alex Barlow is basically just a 3 point shooter that gonna piss you off at some point of the game... lol. he actually was a walk on that earned scholarship... good story.

the game will probably be a lot of three pointers shot, and some scrappy defense... i'd worry a big on Auguste down low being your guys only big guy basically... keep him out of foul trouble.

Much Big East tonight:

Xavier obviously just won and went to the Sweet 16!!!

Georgetown is in a huge battle with Utah who went on a huge run to tie it back up. 32-32 at halftime
....... nope Utah kept their runs going a bit more.... big east lost another team

Nova is getting destroyed by NC State inside, which kind of is expected, but its bad. Nova is even missing lay-ups everywhere. and also they are like the hottest scoring team from outside and finally hit their first three point shot like 8 minutes into the second half. its ugly for them... but they an get hot and come back, but NC State needs to be stopped inside the paint first.
............ 1:30 on the clock down by 7... Hilliard drains a big 3... but Nova couldnt get reboards again in the paint. NC State up by 5 now... Hilliard goes down and drills another 3. NC State ball only up by 2 now, 41 seconds on clock...... and NC State throws it away trying to bring the ball up against the Nova press (all for not missed open look by Nova)........ but a CRAZY 3 by Nova with 1.2 second on clock, NC State only up by one now!!!

and the first #1 seed is falling, Nova again cant go sweet 16... losing to 8 seed NC State. dominating inside the paint and on the boards. 71-68

later tonight a great battle ahead Butler v Notre Dame:
Butler making it more of a game, took a bit to start hitting some shots. but this is what i was expecting finally!!! but not so low scoring. but its 27-27 now with a minute left in the first!!!
....... Right down to the wire. Shockingly it has been a lot of driving into the paint instead of high scoring three pointers everywhere. More or less due to the scrappy guard play defensively up top.
....... Butler misses their last second shot as it is tied up, NDs Auguste rebound drives up court but gets called for a double dribble. Now it's Butler basketball again with 2 seconds on the clock!!!
....... The inbound. Huge block by Conaughton... I was worried he fouled, but .6 on clock.... Now OT!!!
....... ND clutch threes, grant hooking them up, grant huge take to the hole, Auguste then redemption block defensively... FIGHTING IRISH advance in OT 67-64.... Great game. Great game!!!

The ACC is a combined 15-0 in both the men's and women's tournaments. NC State took down Nova for the 15th win.

They gave U of L the late game tomorrow, right in the middle of The Walking Dead.

The ACC is a combined 15-0 in both the men's and women's tournaments. NC State took down Nova for the 15th win.

They gave U of L the late game tomorrow, right in the middle of The Walking Dead.

oh my god... i forgot the ncaa tourny would interfere with the walking dead

Back
Top Bottom