**Official NCAA College Basketball Thread** | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official NCAA College Basketball Thread**

Oh God, your ignorance about college b-ball is glaring again. First of all, Duke doesn't need a hustle player, THEY NEED A SCORER GENIUS.

Why must you always act like a 12 year old when getting into discussions?

If Pocious was as good as your making him out out to be, he would be out on the floor. I mean how can you tell he's so good when we've seen so little of him?

I said pocious looked good in the limited time I saw him, K doesn't develop his bench and that has killed duke in recent years. Maybe if he did his teams would be better. I saw pocious making a difference against MD, it would be worth it for K to give him more opportunity to play to see what he can do.

I didn't know watching him play 10 minutes against Maryland in a blowout could determine just how good he is going to be LMAO.

I think when he was on the floor they cut the lead down to about 4 or 6 and he was making plays.

As far as coach K doing a poor job of recruiting, once again you know nothing. Duke has won a championship and been to a Final Four with 2 different classes this decade. Pretty damn good if you ask me. Plus, how can he be a bad recruiter when Coach K has had so many players go to the league? Here are some names!

he has more McD's AAs tha ahyone yet every year we hear how he doesn't have enough players. The talent level he has on his team should not be 6-6 in the ACC. He has mroe busts as big time recruits than any other coach, he has talent 95% of caoches would drool over and yet he goes out in the swet 16 as a 1 seed every year.

Mike Dunleavy- below aveerage NBA player.
Jason Williams- bust(b/c of injuries)
Daniel Ewing- below average player
Carlos Boozer- good player, shares K's ethics
Luol Deng- good player
JJ Redick- bust
Shavlik Randolph- below average
Chris Duhon- average
Shelden Williams- average
Dahntay Jones- average

he is not exactly sending good players to the NBA and the only players w/ NBA succes are guys that left him early before he could ruin them further.

Now let's look at thge McD's Busts K has had this decade:

Sean Dockery
Shavlik randolph
Josh McRoberts
DeMarcus Nelson
Greg Paulus
Eric Boateng
Michael Thompson

The problem is you, like everybody else hold Duke to a higher standard then everyone else. I can't blame you for that, Duke IS the standard for college b-ball.

The standard? The standrad is not to reach the sweet 16 as a 1 seed and lose every year. Duke has made it beyond the Sweet 16 just 4 times in1 2 yeras- the standard?:sidelol: People like me get sick of the duke hype machine.

The fact is Coach K is a great recruiter and coach and right now currently has the 3rd best recruiting class coming in according to scout and 8th best according to Rivals (you guys have no players who have signed a LOI).

K is a great coach, he's not a great recruiter or he'd have a better team. He didn't lose any guys to the NBA in recent years yet he has a mediocre team. Carolina lost 4 guys early and our top 7 after our title in '05 and we had a much better team last year than duke has this year.

Duke's classes are always in the top 5. This past year they were 4th and their class looks average so far. In '05 duke was ranked 2nd and that whole class has been a bust(McShav, Paulus, Boateng, Pocious, Boykin). In 2003 your class w/ redick and williams was rated higher than our class that won a National Championship. This is my point, K gets supposedly highly rated players but can't make them better, either they are good when they get there or they are not- he does not develop talent.

That's without Patrick Patterson, a 5 star recruit who is expected to sign with Duke. You say Duke has talent, but let's not act like right now they have North Carilona talent.

I think duke has 7 McD's AAs(at worst it's 6) and Carolina has 6.

It's funny how North Carilona can have an expected down year last year because they were to young and lost so many players to the draft but Duke can't when they lost 2 All-Americans and 3 other players who were big contributors to their success.

Duke lost SENIORS! Carolina lost 4 guys early and their top 7 overall. Duke lost 3 starters, we lost all 5 PLUS our first 2 guys off the bench.

Duke will be fine and will be back to the top of the rankings next year. Your over-dramatizing their demise LMAO. Let me guess, UCONN is finished too and can't recruit just as Wake Forest, Maryland, Texas, Syracuse, Louisville, Oklahoma, Illinois, Michigan St. Arizona, and a slew of other teams with records worse of just about even with Duke are to LMAO.

Where did I say duke was finished? Did I say they'll never be a top team again? Stop making stuff up.

Duke has had a better decade so far then any other school in the country. A national title, another Final Four appearence, never less then a sweet 16 in every tournament appearence, 4 regular season ACC titles, 6 ACC tournament titles, 3 player of the year honors, and never less then 26 wins this decade is bad coaching/recruiting. Seriously bro, get your head out of your ***!

Carolina has 2 FFs w/ a Nat'l Title, MSU has 3 FF's w/ a Nat'l Title, MD has 2 FFs w/ a Nat'l Title, UF has 2 FF's w/ a Nat'l Title. Don't act like duke has been great. 4 times in 12 years advancing beyond the Sweet 16 and in '00, '02, '05 and '06 they lost as a 1 seed in the Sweet 16.

Duke is having a bad year by their standards. 80 percent of schools would give anything to have the "bad year" Duke is having. You know, your a Syracuse fan. Syracuse's record isn't horrible this year but by their standards, their having a bad year!

Carolina had a "bad year" last year and it was alot better than duke's bad year this year. The last few year's yuo have told us how great duke was and how they would win Champioships and they haven't come close. How's big game JJ doing in the NBA by the way?:sidelol:

Both Durant and Oden love college life, and want to get their degrees.

not saying they won't declare, but their draft stock won't fall.

Its funny how everyone was complaining about the new NBA Draft eligability rule but then they get to college and dont want to leave. I think it was a good move by the NBA.

Both Durant and Oden love college life, and want to get their degrees.

not saying they won't declare, but their draft stock won't fall.

Degrees and college life are great things. So is 15 mil guaranteed. Marvin Williams loved it at UNC. He comes back every summer to take classes and live the life. But unless your Noah and your family is already ridiculously wealthy, its impossible to turn down the money. Even Oden is one misplaced foot away from being just another tall guy.

Syracuse v UCONN tomorrow. If UCONN doesn't win their all but done.

If Syracuse loses it doesn't help their cause any and they will put themselves behind the 8 ball in a bad way.

Both teams are down and not great, but the outcome of this game is huge for both teams.

Syracuse v UCONN tomorrow. If UCONN doesn't win their all but done.

If Syracuse loses it doesn't help their cause any and they will put themselves behind the 8 ball in a bad way.

Both teams are down and not great, but the outcome of this game is huge for both teams.

All but done? Uconn is already done, the only shot they have at the NCAA Tourney is to win the BE Tourney. This game is bigger for SU b/c if they lose they also will not make the NCAA's w/o winning the BE tourney.

It's gonna be weird to see no UCONN in the NCAA tourney this year.

Degrees and college life are great things. So is 15 mil guaranteed. Marvin Williams loved it at UNC. He comes back every summer to take classes and live the life. But unless your Noah and your family is already ridiculously wealthy, its impossible to turn down the money. Even Oden is one misplaced foot away from being just another tall guy.

Marvin also lft because he was a consensus top 2 pick tht year, and his stock would've only gone down had he stayed. Durant and Oden won't see their stock fall as drastically has Marvin would have.

Another win for Duke today after that miserable 4 game stretch. I couldn't be happier I mean, even McClure played well today!

Congrats to Coach K for getting his 700th win as Duke coach!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=270490150

clear.gif

Ga Tech had 13 more FGA's, shot 13 less 3's yet Duke shot 28 FTs to just 4 for Ga Tech. It's so frustrating watching duke play and nothing ever go against them.

I can't wait to get them again at Chapel Hill.

Back
Top Bottom