**Official NCAA College Basketball Thread** | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official NCAA College Basketball Thread**

CrimsonFin said:
here's my 2 cents, Bama beat half the final four, and almost beat UCLA. And they're just going to get better. Look for another deep Bama run this year. Florida, and LSU better watch their backs because the Tide going to roll all over them.

We'll see.

I'd like to know one player on Bama's team who can guard Glen Davis.

DolphinDevil28 said:
We'll see.

There wasn't one player on any team who could match up w/ Shaq or Tim Duncan in college but zones can collapse on big men and neutralize them. Richard hendrix is a little smaller than Davis but look for him to bust out this year, I like 'Bama. They can be a real threat this year. I think the SEC is finally back after many years of mediocre basketball.

DolphinDevil28 said:
We'll see.

Glen Davis was great and this has nothing to do with 'Bama but the guy with the most to prove in the SEC is Randolph Morris. Morris and Crawford were I believe 5 star recruits and if Tubby Smith is going to keep his job they've gotta come through big time. UK under Smith has been a great regular season team and a huge dissapointment during the tournament. He won a championship with Pitino's guys but has been a dissapointment during the tournament since. I think Smith can coach but if he fails than it'll make for quite an interesting coaching search by UK. At the top of the list I think would have to be Donovan.

djfresh47 said:
Glen Davis was great and this has nothing to do with 'Bama but the guy with the most to prove in the SEC is Randolph Morris. Morris and Crawford were I believe 5 star recruits and if Tubby Smith is going to keep his job they've gotta come through big time. UK under Smith has been a great regular season team and a huge dissapointment during the tournament. He won a championship with Pitino's guys but has been a dissapointment during the tournament since. I think Smith can coach but if he fails than it'll make for quite an interesting coaching search by UK. At the top of the list I think would have to be Donovan.

I don't know why anyone would want that job. Its like being the coach of the Yankees or Notre Dame. You better win or there's going to be an angry mob of fans waiting out side your house to hang you and your family. I'm surprised the residents of Lexington haven't burned Tubby's home to the ground yet. They didn't like him when they hired him and they still don't like him now. Its too bad, because he's a good coach.

culpepper2chambers said:
well my 2 favorite teams are beavers and tar heels..........i must say i am very excited for both teams.......beavers have alot more talent this year:yes:

Your Beavers won't beat my Sun Devils. :wink:

LouPhinFan said:
I don't know why anyone would want that job. Its like being the coach of the Yankees or Notre Dame. You better win or there's going to be an angry mob of fans waiting out side your house to hang you and your family. I'm surprised the residents of Lexington haven't burned Tubby's home to the ground yet. They didn't like him when they hired him and they still don't like him now. Its too bad, because he's a good coach.

They have had top 5-10 talent just about every yea and haven't made a FF in nearly a decade. they have valid reasons to be on Tubby and this was after a stretch from '93-'98 where UK made 4 FFs, 3 title games and won 2 titles.

Donovan on Noah:

Don't expect to see Michael Jordan out there right now. There was so much hype around him at the end of the year. He's not Michael Jordan. I had an opportunity to show him the tape of every basket he scored last year. I think it was amazing for him to get a chance to see that he scored a lot of baskets just by hustling and working hard. He's not a great 3-point shooter. He's not a guy that's going to score a variety of different ways. He scored on being a great hustler, a great runner and a highly competitive kid. I've talked to him about not losing that. Sometimes you've got a kid like Joakim Noah coming back to college basketball and people expect to see Magic Johnson, Larry Bird or Michael Jordan. He is nothing remotely close to that. He's a very, very good player who's eager to get better.

Just some impressive honesty. It was a big time risk the kid took in coming back to school. Him and a lot of other players on that squad could really fall in draft ratings if their team isn't as good as is being projected. And there is a real chance that it isn't that good.

I have a feeling one of these "consensous" top three teams is going to take a real tumble. Carolina is so young, Kansas is a mess with injuries and suspension/retraction, and for all its success, Florida wasn't all that great of a team for most of last year.

LouPhinFan said:

Tubby has won but it's been in the regular season. UK should be getting some of the top recruits but it really hasn't happened. Rondo/Crawford/Morris were 5-star recruits but it seems that Tubby has not gotten the big names. The last guy I can think of who they had who could take over a game is Ron Mercer. Bogans/Prince/Hayes were all nice but didn't really do that. What happened with Notre Dame under Davie and Willingham has seemingly happened to UK.

Duke fan in the house. I expect this team to be playing it's best ball at the end of the year when the Freshman have more experience and Paulus is back healthy. With that said though I still fully expect Duke to be battling for 2nd in the ACC because it looks like Carilona is head and shoulders above the rest and should run away with the ACC even though it's a tough conference. I just don't think anyone can match Carilona pound for pound and with Duke once again only running 6 or 7 deep again, I expect their lack of depth to be their downfall again!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Duke fan in the house. I expect this team to be playing it's best ball at the end of the year when the Freshman have more experience and Paulus is back healthy. With that said though I still fully expect Duke to be battling for 2nd in the ACC because it looks like Carilona is head and shoulders above the rest and should run away with the ACC even though it's a tough conference. I just don't think anyone can match Carilona pound for pound and with Duke once again only running 6 or 7 deep again, I expect their lack of depth to be their downfall again!

The lack of depth is all K's fault, he has qualit players on the bench(or at least very highly recruited players) but he never plays mroe than 7 guys. His biggest mistake last year was not developing that bench, it's worth giving up a game or 2 in Dec or jan to have a fresher and deeper team come March. this is a big reason duke has been struggling in the Tourney for so many years.

Buddwalk said:
guy looks like a monster on defense...think if marcus williams, rudy gay, and josh boone would of all returned...i'd say uconn then would be the favorite for the national title...anyway uconn will be in march madness this year but will be lucky to even reach the sweet 16

Like nyjunc said those guys stayed a while.. I was more mad about losing out on Bynum, we could have had a lineup of Williams, Anderson, Gay, Boone, and Bynum last year.. No way we lose the title with Bynum on the team he is a BEAST..

GreenMonster said:
Like nyjunc said those guys stayed a while.. I was more mad about losing out on Bynum, we could have had a lineup of Williams, Anderson, Gay, Boone, and Bynum last year.. No way we lose the title with Bynum on the team he is a BEAST..

And Carolina could have had a team of Felton, McCants, Williams, May AND dwight Howard, JR Smith and JamesOn Curry. That beats any lineup any other team could have put out there.

Howard singed a letter of intent to go to Duke. And Curry would never have suited up in Carolina blue.

The ACC goes at least 9 deep this year so I wouldn't be shocked if Duke was 3rd or 4th. BC and FSU have some quality and more importantly experienced players. And Tech has a scary lineup if the frosh come through. I'd be pessimistic if I were a Duke fan. There is a lot that will be heaped on the shoulders of McRoberts offensively and the team has no defensive presence inside. Williams was the heart and soul of that team and was the only reason that pressure defense worked.

But then again coach K seems to do his best when his team has less talent, so it certainly wouldn't be a suprise if they challenged for the ACC title again. Its going to be a great ACC season.

Back
Top Bottom