**Official NCAA College Basketball Thread** | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official NCAA College Basketball Thread**

Ferretsquig said:
Howard singed a letter of intent to go to Duke. And Curry would never have suited up in Carolina blue.

Howard did not sign a letter of inteent for any school and said he would ahve gone to UNC. he said he would have gone to UNC if he went to College, I saved the link to the article as I had this argument w/ someone a year or 2 ago but now they make you pay for it. If for some reason yuo want to pay fro it the link is below:

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/orlando...=&startpage=C.4&desc=School+still+in+session+

If Curry didn't get arrested he would have been a Tar Heel.

I guess noone told him UNC didn't have a scholarship for him then. Of course after Smith declared they did. Rivals had him going to Duke before he went pro, but who knows what would have happened.

Ferretsquig said:
I guess noone told him UNC didn't have a scholarship for him then. Of course after Smith declared they did. Rivals had him going to Duke before he went pro, but who knows what would have happened.

The man said he would have gone to UNC so I assume he would have gone there if he went to College. If guys weren't going pro out of HS then I'm sure their recruting strategy would have been different and they would ahve had a scholarship for him.

Gators are lucky Ohio St doesnt have a healthy Greg Oden. Though it should be a great game.

Syracuse is playing 3 games in 3 days!!

Already beat St.Francis and Penn. UTEP tonight. Should get off to a nice quick 3-0 start

MikeO said:
Syracuse is playing 3 games in 3 days!!

Already beat St.Francis and Penn. UTEP tonight. Should get off to a nice quick 3-0 start

As usual Boeheim playing a rough non-conf sched:sidelol:

nyjunc said:
As usual Boeheim playing a rough non-conf sched:sidelol:

Penn made the NCAA Tourney 2 years in a row. That's a tourney team. And UTEP was a 2005 Tourney team. Besides he didn't set this up. It's the black coaches association tournament.

They also have Witcha St (sweet 16 team), Hofstra who got screwed out of the tourney last year. Throw in St.Boniventure and Holy Cross and it's a decent non-conf schedule. Look, when your going to play in the BEST conference in the country and play Villanova twice, UCONN twice, G'town, Marquette, Pittsburgh, and DePaul......they don't need a super tough non-conference schedule to have a good RPI.

MikeO said:
Penn made the NCAA Tourney 2 years in a row. That's a tourney team. And UTEP was a 2005 Tourney team. Besides he didn't set this up. It's the black coaches association tournament.

They also have Witcha St (sweet 16 team), Hofstra who got screwed out of the tourney last year. Throw in St.Boniventure and Holy Cross and it's a decent non-conf schedule. Look, when your going to play in the BEST conference in the country and play Villanova twice, UCONN twice, G'town, Marquette, Pittsburgh, and DePaul......they don't need a super tough non-conference schedule to have a good RPI.

Yeah the Big East will be brutal yet again this year. I don't think it has any national championship caliber teams in it this year, but much better overall from top to bottom than last year. People can knock the football all they want, but the basketball is the best in the country! IMHO of course!

MikeO said:

So whoever plays monmouth is playing a tough game b/c Monmouth was a Tourney team last year? And Boeheim knows who he'll play when he commits, or at last potentially who he can play.

MikeO said:
They also have Witcha St (sweet 16 team), Hofstra who got screwed out of the tourney last year. Throw in St.Boniventure and Holy Cross and it's a decent non-conf schedule.

Wow! that is brutal, Why doen't carolina schedule those teams, that's much tougher than playing Kentukcy, Ohio State and Arizona:lol:

People assume Hofstra will be ood b/c they beat GM twice last year but they already are 0-1 losing to Charlotte. Wich State had a nice run but they did lose some guys and it won't happen again, St. Bonaventure? Holy Cross? are you serious? then again I think you crowed abaout kentucky and as a non-conf opponents for BE FB teams.

As usual Boeheim scheudls nothing but creampuffs and never leaves NY until January.

MikeO said:
Look, when your going to play in the BEST conference in the country

They do not play in the ACC. Oh you mean the best conference ever like last year when the BE, as usual, sent ZERO teams to the FF. As of right now both Conf's have 4 ranked teams but the ACC has 4 LESS teams than the BE so the big, bad BE should have more ranked teams, right?

Regardless of what Conf a team plays in they should schedule tough non-conf games. In most years the ACC is the best conf and Carolina always schedules tough games outside the conf. 2 years ago the ACC was by far the best and Carolina played Kentucky and at Connecticut.

MikeO said:
and play Villanova twice, UCONN twice, G'town, Marquette, Pittsburgh, and DePaul

That's just brutal, I've never seen a tougher scheduke:sidelol:

LouPhinFan said:
Yeah the Big East will be brutal yet again this year. I don't think it has any national championship caliber teams in it this year, but much better overall from top to bottom than last year. People can knock the football all they want, but the basketball is the best in the country! IMHO of course!

Are you kidding me? We were bing told by the BE how it was possibly the greatest year by a conf ever and STILL the BE could not send a single team to the FF in the weakest season of CBB I have witnessed in my 20-25 years of watching the sport. This year the BE doesn't have close to the depth it had last year and while it was the best reg season conf last year(thanks to ahving 45 teams) it will be back to playing 2nd fiddle to some other conf's.

Knight's hand to player's face overshadows Tech win

As Bob Knight moved one win closer to catching Dean Smith, his temper flared once again, when he used his hand to push a player's chin during a timeout, as if to make him look the coach in the eye.

With more than 4 minutes to go in Texas Tech's 86-74 victory over Gardner-Webb on Monday night, Red Raiders forward Michael Prince was called for a foul. During the ensuing timeout, Knight approached Prince, and as the player lowered his head, the coach made contact with his chin.

Knight gave a brief statement at the postgame news conference then answered one question before exiting the room. The incident with Prince was never addressed.

It was win No. 871 for Knight, who is five away from passing Adolph Rupp for second place on the all-time list. He needs nine more victories to surpass Smith for the most wins in Division I history.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/basketball/ncaa/11/14/knight.ap/index.html

Knight was a great coach but he's always been nuts. if it was another coach maybe a big deal wouldn't be made of it but w/ his histopry a big deal has to be made of it. The people chasing down Dean's record are not worhty to be w/ Dean. Both Knight and K won alto of games against lower level competion at Army and both have done some bad things unlike the all class true record holder Dean Smith.

Back
Top Bottom