**Official NCAA College Basketball Thread** | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official NCAA College Basketball Thread**

Sigh..open mouth and insert foot. Hansbrough isn't doing anything.

Wow, Gonzaga is beating UNC like a rented mule right now.

Gonzaga is one of the best coached teams in the country. They have a team full of smart players and are fundamentally sound. They always seem to have good players, no matter who leaves (Morrison or Dikau). Where did this kid Heytvelt come from? I don't remember him last year.

Duke and UNC both down in a matter of hours

Two Top 10 teams take it on the chin

Uconn will slowly creap up the rankings until we play someone good.. We have not 1 junior or senior on the team and we will lose to the better teams.. We have a ton of talent though and the 7-3 Thasbeet insures we will lead the NCAA's in shot blocking for the 6 straight year..

byroan said:
Sigh..open mouth and insert foot. Hansbrough isn't doing anything.

He wasn't allowed to do anything, we had too many players rushing shots and not getting him touches. Gonzaga's gamepla was obviously to try to keep Tyler from beating them as he was doubled and tripled every time he touched it but the more he touched it the more he could pass to the open man but they rarely got him the ball.

The team so far is looking like I expected last year's team to look. This is a work in progress, they are going to be a top 5 team but they haven't played like one yet. They aren't committed to defense and the shot selection has been very poor PLUS they can't shoot FTs and they missed a million wide open 3's.

MikeO said:
Duke and UNC both down in a matter of hours

Two Top 10 teams take it on the chin

At least they lost to ranked teams unlike Georgetown who was beaten badly at home by ODU.

nyjunc said:
At least they lost to ranked teams unlike Georgetown who was beaten badly at home by ODU.

Who brought up the Big East??? :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

My god, I just brought up that 2 top 10 ACC teams both lost in a timespan of about 48 hours!!

My god.........so sensative

Who cares about meaningless losses in November. I mean honestly, who cares. Some years the Big East is better, some years the ACC is. That's the way it is!

I really enjoyed the UNC/Gonzaga game and the UCLA/GT game. I thought both games had some nice basketball being played. I was especially impressed with how well the teams were shooting. It's very early in the year, and the losses don't mean much, but both games were very entertaining.

MikeO said:
Who brought up the Big East??? :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

My god, I just brought up that 2 top 10 ACC teams both lost in a timespan of about 48 hours!!

My god.........so sensative

I know you Mike, you were claiming how the BE was the best conf in the Country a couple of weeks ago when they have struggled mightily early on.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Who cares about meaningless losses in November. I mean honestly, who cares. Some years the Big East is better, some years the ACC is. That's the way it is!

To be fair MOST years the ACC is better and in the long run Carolina's loss could be good(just like Santa Clara 2 years ago) but it still sucks to lose.

finswin56 said:
I really enjoyed the UNC/Gonzaga game and the UCLA/GT game. I thought both games had some nice basketball being played. I was especially impressed with how well the teams were shooting. It's very early in the year, and the losses don't mean much, but both games were very entertaining.

I didn't see much of the Tech/UCLA game but while Gonzaga was shooting lights out the heels really struggled especially from 3. The Heels had a million wide open looks w/ good 3P shooters shooting and they missed. The heels shot 6 of 27 from 3(.222) and only 37% from the field. Gonzaga deserves credit defensively for inside the arc but the heels had a ton of open looks beyond it.

Butler

Wow, they're begging to be ranked. First they upset Tennesse, and now they're having their way with the same Gonzaga that beat UNC yesterday. Wow

finswin56 said:
Wow, they're begging to be ranked. First they upset Tennesse, and now they're having their way with the same Gonzaga that beat UNC yesterday. Wow

Butler will definitely be ranked come Monday.

The annual ACC/Big 10 (no)Challenge began last night w/ NC State beating Michigan 74-67.

Back
Top Bottom