Official NCAA Tournament Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official NCAA Tournament Thread

I'm telling you dudes...no idea how badly I want to play Florida in the Final Four.

It's all I think about right now.

:lol:

I think you guys have a better chance of making the Final 4 than Florida does. UF chokes badly in big games.

I'm happy UL is coming, it only increases competition. For so many years the ACC was far anda way the best conf but in recent years the conferecne ahs struggled. I am looking forward to it being the best again and UL is a big part of that(assuming Pitino is there for a while).

Believe me I'm glad we got the invite. ACC got it right. UConn really wouldn't have brought much competetion to the table.

I think we fit in well with the ACC and I have alot of respect for the schools in the conference. I've been to Duke, Virginia, and UNC's campuses; great atmospheres. I think ACC fans are going to enjoy traveling to the city of Louisville as well, as long as they don't pay much attention to the redneck UK fans that float around the area. LOL

Try these plays out tomorrow.

Akron +7.5
Harvard + 11
Mich St - 10.5
Michigan - 11.5
Wichita St +4
Gonzaga -22

Youre welcome.

Butler has a tough game tomorrow against Bucknell. Bucknell is tough. However I think if Butler gets by that game, the find their way to the sweet 16 with a win over Marquette and then procede to take down the Canes in that round.

Butler is certainly not as good as some of the teams they had in the past, but they had some real quality wins this year. I think they can sneak back to a tremendous matchup with Indiana in the elite 8. What a game that will be. Imagine if that wouldve been in Indianapolis as opposed to Washington D.C.

Canes will not make it past Indiana if they find their way to the elite 8.

The Midwest and South brackets are tremendous.

Looking at the South, 2 teams that if this tournament had started last month wouldve been strongly considered for 1 seeds are 3 and 4 seeds respectively. Florida and Michigan both had tremendous runs in the non-conference before stumbling a bit in some tough conference games down the stretch. I see that region as the toughest when you mix in the talent of Kansas. Any of those 3 could make it out of there. I see that region as a lock for Michigan vs Kansas and Florida vs. Georgetown matchups in the sweet 16. I like Florida to beat GU, but the other game could go either way. I picked a bit of each of the 3 teams in various brackets to come out of there.

Over in the Midwest, Duke and Loserville headline. IMHO the big east is a bit overrated this year. Not many teams have strong non-conference wins. Loserville is the class of the conference in my mind and they likely meet Duke or Mich St in the elite 8. However, dont count St Louis out. That is a strong team with experience and a backcourt that may be able to stimy Loserville's press. But, this is another region I see the top 4 seeds meeting up in the sweet 16. Two great games in those matchups. Again, I picked a bit of a mix of the 4 teams, but most commonly Duke. As much as I cant stand Duke, I think if they get by Mich St., they beat the St Louis/Loserville winner. I did take Loserville in a couple of the brackets though.

In the West I could see more odd things happening. Overall, this looks like a tourney where J will be screaming at us again about how the better seeds advance. With the top seeds in the South and Midwest being so strong, I dont see much unsual going on there. The East should hold pretty true as well. This West region however could provide a few seeds outside of the top 4 getting to the later rounds. I did take Gonzaga to the final 4 in every bracket I filled out though. I just dont see the team in that region that can challenge them. I think Gonzaga has been kinda underrated the last week or so if you can say that about a 1 seed that is ranked #1 in the AP poll. It just seems they dont get much credit. I watched a couple of their games this year and they are legit. I feel like if they had been in their usual seeding, more people would be picking them. I dont see them beating the winner of the Midwest region however once they reach the final 4.

Down to the final 4, I think just about any team that makes it from the 3 regions other than the West could win the whole thing. Loserville, Duke, Mich St, Kansas, Michigan, Florida, and Indiana all have the potential. I took Indiana most often to win it all. None of those 7 teams winning it would shock me though. In fact, Id be shocked if one of those 7 dosent win it.

The only thing Im banking on though is J coming in everyday to remind us the tourney blows and that the idea there are a bunch of upsets is total nonsense. He isnt totally wrong on the ladder, but the NCAA tourney is the ****. Im thinking he will start liking it more this year with the Canes in it.

Nothing really exciting so far except for Marquette-Davidson which I didn't get to see. **** you work. Had to listen to updates from the Le Batard show.

Try these on Friday......

UNC -4
Duke -18
Northwestern St +20.5
Kansas - 20.5
Notre Dame - 1.5

How bout them hoosiers! Sorry it's been awhile since i have been excited about march madness. IU finally got their act together with crean. Go big red!

And for the Saturday round of 32.......

Michigan St -5.5
Butler +2.5
St Louis -3.5
Michigan -3.5
Loserville - 10.5
Harvard +10
Syracuse -7.5

Back
Top Bottom