Official NE PITT Thread!!! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official NE PITT Thread!!!

Honestly, did anyone on this board think this game was going to be any different?

My thoughts going into this game were not whether NE would win, but how Belicheck would slow down the Steelers running game and make Ben beat them. It's a masterful gameplan on both sides of the ball and the reason why NE will try for its 3 SB title in 4 years. (and I puke as I just typed that)

Was anything worse than 62-7 in Jacksonville
I definitely think this ranks as a tougher defeat. Miami was a flawed wild card team on the road and were flat.

Pittsburgh had the NFL's best record and are playing at home for the championship. NE came to Pittsburgh, intimidated and imposed their will on the steelers from the opening play. Its the manner that the steelers are getting beat. This game is over. Our only hope is Philly.

At the half...

Brady= 7 comp, 11 atts (64% comp), 135 yds, 2 TDs, and 145.8% QBR...

Ben= 5 comp, 10 atts (50% comp), 77 yds, 2 INTs, and 36.2% QBR...

Seems that the 3 Turnovers has cost the Steelers big time so far...

Honestly, did anyone on this board think this game was going to be any different?

I thought New England would win. I didn't think they'd blow Pittsburgh out like this though.

Nice season by Roethlisberger, but he gets no excuse for f*cking this game up for his team.

Turning point of the game: In the first quarter trailing 3-0, 4th and 1, the Steelers call a run and Jerome bettis gets stuffed. I thought for sure that would have been a great spot for a play action pass. The very next play Brady hits them for a 60 yard bomb to go up 10-0. Game was over pretty much right there.

Some might point to the 87 yard INT return, but the Steelers were already behind 17-3 at that point. Poor Steelers :(

3Ringz said:
Turning point of the game: In the first quarter trailing 3-0, 4th and 1, the Steelers call a run and Jerome bettis gets stuffed.

Yeah right. Pitt was still very much in the game as they responded with a FG. The turning point was that POS Rodney Harrison's interception return for a TD.

It's not impossible for a comeback, but Roethlisberger is playing like a rookie...just like he did last week. I expect 1 or 2 more picks.

Its a shame, but the WRONG PA team is going to the SB. Steeler fans deserve better, but I have no sympathy for Eagle fans. They are complete s***bags!! Anyone who went to the Philly Monday nighter last year knows exactly what I'm talking about. It was unreal.

Back
Top Bottom