###Official New York Yankees Thread### | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

###Official New York Yankees Thread###

So the question remains doest the evil empire have enough pitching and hitting to do it in the post season or will the teams weakness be exploited by superior post season pitching?

League leading team wins and HR's belted, 9th in ERA. Let's see if the Yanks can make a run on 100+ win season and grab number 28!

I think they have enough pitching assuming CC and Pettitte are healthy for the stretch, I worry about the bats in october as it's been the bats that have derailed hopes most of the last decade.

I think they have enough pitching assuming CC and Pettitte are healthy for the stretch, I worry about the bats in october as it's been the bats that have derailed hopes most of the last decade.

I worry about that nifty little stat I heard on ESPN the other day, the one that showed the Yanks record when hitting a homerun verse not hitting a homerun in a game. It was a drastic fall off in production, I cannot remember the stat exactly but it was somewhere on the order of .800 winning percentage when hitting a HR verse .200 when not hitting the long ball in a game. The point being made was whether they could drive enough runs in during the post season to threaten for a World Series win.

I kinda gotta agree with the commentators and say, they need RBI's in every fashion not just off home runs.

I am on the fence about A-Rod guys, as bad as that sounds does the injury that takes him out of the line up hurt or help the yanks?

I wonder who/if they sign before the trade deadline? Chavez? Headley? Nunez? Stick with what they have in the system?

I think given A-Rods numbers you don't go after a guy like Headley, you stick to what you have or find a decent value player to serve as depth at 3rd like Nunez etc...the stats say that A-Rods absents will not lead to a lack of production or lack of wins.

I am on the fence about A-Rod guys, as bad as that sounds does the injury that takes him out of the line up hurt or help the yanks?

I wonder who/if they sign before the trade deadline? Chavez? Headley? Nunez? Stick with what they have in the system?

I think given A-Rods numbers you don't go after a guy like Headley, you stick to what you have or find a decent value player to serve as depth at 3rd like Nunez etc...the stats say that A-Rods absents will not lead to a lack of production or lack of wins.

I've been hearing they might not go after a big name at 3rd base since Arod is supposed to return in about a couple months...in time for the postseason. Not only that but Chavez had been doing a decent job as his backup. One name going around is Ty Wiggington.

All that being said, I can't wait for this weekend's homecoming again the Sox. I hope we sweep them and really ruin their chances at a playoff spot. Even through the injuries, Boston has to be one of the most disappointing and underachieving teams this season (along with Philadelphia). I'm still laughing that they thought hiring Valentine was going to turn that around. :lol:

It obviously hurts a little, but its not crippling. A-Rod at this point is a league average hitter. I mean, thats sounds blah and it really is when youre paying the guy 30M, but given the staggering lack of 3rd base production around the league it could be worse. You have to take his positional value into account.

Thats the main reason I cant see us adding a 3rd baseman. If he was an OF, then yeah it would be easy to add someone. You cant just go out and get a decent 3rd baseman for cheap though. The position is in demand. Anyone they would probably get is no better or not much better than Chavez, so why bother? I dont think the position has ever been this dry in recent memory.

Still cant believe we are paying A-Rod 30M :bobdole:. Any retard could have told the Yanks that the contract was doomed to be a disaster.

It obviously hurts a little, but its not crippling. A-Rod at this point is a league average hitter. I mean, thats sounds blah and it really is when youre paying the guy 30M, but given the staggering lack of 3rd base production around the league it could be worse. You have to take his positional value into account.

Thats the main reason I cant see us adding a 3rd baseman. If he was an OF, then yeah it would be easy to add someone. You cant just go out and get a decent 3rd baseman for cheap though. The position is in demand. Anyone they would probably get is no better or not much better than Chavez, so why bother? I dont think the position has ever been this dry in recent memory.

Still cant believe we are paying A-Rod 30M :bobdole:. Any retard could have told the Yanks that the contract was doomed to be a disaster.

I agree everyone hammered Jeet last season about his lack of production and decline but man, I wouldn't have predicted that A-Rod would have declined so fast. If anything I would have given him a shot at being more productive longer based upon two things, 1) his power is much better than Jeter and that usually leads to more sustainable number for RBI's and 2) the range at third base isn't as big as the range needed to play short stop.

30mil a year is way too high for a player putting up A-Rods numbers. It was clear when the Yankees signed him they assumed he would challenge for the homerun lead at some point in his career. I don't see that happening at this point, 120 (roughly) more dingers at 38 years old (his regular season is over this year basically so he will 38 when he resumes) isn't reasonable.

A-Rod will never hit 30 HRs in a year again, so that record really is pretty much impossible.

I'm a Dolphin/Steelers/Lakers/Heat/Red Wings/Celtics/Yankees/Duke Basketball/Alabama Football/Manchester United/Anderson Silva/Floyd Mayweather/John Cena fanatic.

11-1 now. Cano just hit a grand slam. After the last few days of futility this :feelsgoodman:

And the Yanks come alive again for a stretch. I hope the right pitching staff shows up in the post season, one second they look like a grade A staff and the next total ****.

Back
Top Bottom