###Official New York Yankees Thread###

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by NY8123, Apr 24, 2012.

1. CalDolFan10x14

CalDolFan10x14 Your QB for the next 10 years. Finheaven VIP Donator

Wow. What the Yankees are doing so far is amazing. They might have half their team on the DL, but there they are in first place in the AL East....much better than even I expected. Wells has been awesome for us and Mariano just keeps racking up those saves. Keep it up Yanks!

2. NY8123

NY8123 Sophisticated Redneck Administrator Finheaven VIP

I think the Yankees are better with half their team on the DL lol. Let Jeter fill in here and there and get Granderson back and the rest can stay sitting if you ask me.

3. NY8123

Another year and another Yankee debacle. As good as the Steinbrenner's were in returning NY to all its glory now it would seem is the time for a new vision and new owners. It won't happen of course but it is what is needed to infuse a fresh new start again.

4. NY8123

This guy is as big a douchebag as A-Roid. They deserve each other like Ebony and Ivory.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=316002

5. NY8123

6. NY8123

A-Rods last night as a Yank. It just never was the way everyone intended it to be. Ego's, misfires and injuries aside like him or hate him it was still a hell of a career on Alex's part.

Good job.

7. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

There's a Yankees thread? Man I've been lazy on this site.

A few things for this season:

- Tanaka should've had the Tommy Johns surgery a few years ago instead of the quick fix job. He's not the same and will need the surgery at some point. Would've been nice having him getting back to normal now instead of losing him for at least a season when we're relevant again. Didn't like it then, hate it now. That arm is needed. Inconsistent starting pitching will be the death blow of this current team.

- Judge is my new favorite player. Watching him make highlight reel plays in the OF at 6'8" gives me half a chub. I was wondering why they hadn't brought him up yet ... he's def ready now. Yankee Stadium will be his ***** for the next decade.

- How amazing would it be if Sanchez was the real deal? He's picked up the pace since coming back from the biceps injury ... I was worried he'd be a flash-in-the-pan guy like Montero.

- Is Torreyes the smallest baseball player ever? He's listed at like 5'7" 150 but somehow looks even smaller. Amazing glove ... we've got something there if he can find a way to work that tiny strike zone. Watching him high five Judge - who is well over a foot taller - at the end of that game a month or so back was fantastic.

- Never has a youth injection been more important for a team. That's how they got out of their funk in the 90's and somehow forgot the formula. Home grown guys like Jeter, Bernie, Posada, Mariano, etc are what got them there. Pissing away prospects for the Jason Giambis of the world infuriated me to no end. It didn't work well and they just kept doing it ... luxury tax and all. Those trades at the end of the season were masterful (getting Chapman back at the end of his lease was ridiculous) and were absolutely vital going forward. You can tell Cashman knows what's up but just needed the green light to make moves. Losing Miller was a kick in the nuts but the bullpen is the one area we can afford to give up talent for prospects.

- How did we get Castro so cheap? Slugging 26 year old infielders are a hot commodity. Everyone says it's his effort with the glove but I don't see it. It may not be his strong suit but it's not a problem that I've seen this season. It's like people forgot who the last second baseman was ...

- The best part is we are trending up even though we have the best record in baseball (as of a week ago - haven't looked since). There's no rush to win now. A lot of young talent and some major dollars coming off the books in the next few years. Expect them to go after starting pitching hard the next few years ... especially after the eventual Tanaka surgery.

Yankees are back people. Learn to like it.

Buddy likes this.
  8. Buddy

Buddy Right Wing Nut Job Moderator Finheaven VIP

**** the Yankees and the Yankee fans! Go Sox!

Blackcreekbandit likes this.
  9. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

Sox had their minute in the sun. That's all over now. Winning games 10-9 couldn't last forever.

At least you got to wipe the stench of Bill Buckner off of your franchise. Was fun while it lasted.

Buddy likes this.
  10. Buddy

We are just fine, no need to peak until October. We'll see you there.

BobDole likes this.
  11. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

You think they'll be there in October? Any 1 of those AL East teams can come to life at any moment ... I'm also hoping it's the sox because I love the rivalry but I have my doubts.

Buddy likes this.
  12. Buddy

The Sox are only three games out with their bats very quiet and several pitchers, including Price, hurt. Once their rotation is settled and their lineup starts to hit just to their average production, they'll start winning a lot. The Sox always seem to start slow but that's fine, it's a long season. They are starting to hit and Price comes back next week. I ultimately think they win about 95 games and take the AL East but we'll see. I am really excited to have a strong Yankees team as well, it's about the best rivalry in sports.

BobDole likes this.
  13. NY8123

Idk. No superstars on the roster or at least not like years past. Youth stepping up. It has some earmarks of a good run.

14. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin Burn the Jolly Roger Moderator Finheaven VIP

15. Blackcreekbandit

Blackcreekbandit Drunk Finheaven VIP Donator

I wouldn't sleep on the sox!! I can't wait for October baseball.

16. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

I'll take up and coming, home grown guys over the aging superstars acquired in FA that cripple the payroll every day of the week.

Like I said in my initial post, starting pitching will be a problem that needs to be overcome. So inconsistent. Tanaka will need Tommy Johns here at some point ... can't afford to have that arm at like 75%.

They might even need to get another quality arm in the starting rotation by July 31st if they think there's a shot this year. No rush though. Arrow is pointing straight up.

17. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

Never do, but this is not a sox team from a decade ago. That roster isn't nearly as scary as it used to be.

18. NY8123

About the time I posted that they went to **** lol.

BobDole likes this.
  19. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

Frazier just laced a ball into the stands that might have killed somebody. Very long delay.

You were right Buddy, the sox did come back. Like a ****ing hurricane too. If there's any justice in the world, we will see each other in the playoffs.

The derby totally messed with Judge. His eye was never the same. Total control of the strike zone to swinging at balls in the dark. But he'll still have about 50 Jacks and 120+ rbis. Can't even imagine what the numbers would look like without this multi month slump.

Buddy likes this.
  20. Blackcreekbandit

Yeah who saw that type of slump coming from judge.. His first half production was outrageous and I figured he couldn't sustain it and pitchers would eventually catch onto his style but damn that was a serious drop off. I kinda hope Cleveland gets the championship this year tho

Buddy likes this.
  21. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

The derby does that to guys all the time, but they usually right themselves after a week or 2. He hasn't seen the ball right since.

Losing a championship in baseball ... then basketball ... then the Browns ... then losing in baseball again? I wouldn't wish that on Cleveland fans ... bad enough they have to live in Ohio.

Buddy likes this.
  22. Blackcreekbandit

Yeah they have had it rough, lebron is prolly going to leave again lol id like to see Terry frank get another ring too.

Buddy likes this.
  23. Buddy

I wish the Sox would just put it away so we can rest some people but I am happy that they played well in the second half. It scares me that Sale seems tired and Price is gimped up. They have a lot of nicked up guys. Are the Yankees healthy right now?

Hopefully, we won't play Cleveland in the first round, that would suck. I think they may slump a bit though coming off that ridiculous win streak. I hope they do anyway, if we have to play them. If the Red Sox don't win the series, I hope Cleveland does. I feel for them and still love Francona.

Blackcreekbandit and BobDole like this.
  24. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

I do like Francona. Got a raw deal from the sox, which they regretted. Didn't take him too long to create a contender there.

Buddy likes this.
  25. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

You guys are dinged up ... and we are finally getting healthy. Gregorius, Castro, and even Byrd are rounding into form. Besides Pineda, I think we're totally healthy ... although the inevitable Tommy Johns for Tanaka still looms large.

Very few things on this earth are as good as NY and Boston in the post season. Can't wait.

Buddy likes this.
  26. Buddy

I agree & still say it's the best rivalry in sports. One of these days, I'm going to do a home and home at Yankee Stadium and Fenway.

BobDole likes this.
  27. Blackcreekbandit

Yeah i would agree with the treatment of Francona could be considered a raw deal. I certainly would have liked to keep him over Bobby freaking valentine tho.....

BobDole likes this.
  28. Blackcreekbandit

Yeah i wouldn't be looking forward to seeing Cleveland in the first round. And I'm not sure If sale isn't being told to save it for the post season or not. And yeah obviously f the Indians it's always sox first lol

Buddy likes this.
  29. Blackcreekbandit

I've never been to Yankee stadium new or old but I have been to fenway a few times, my pic is me on TV on top of the monster next to the Ks

Buddy and BobDole like this.
  30. Buddy

That's awesome! I've never been to either stadium, unfortunately.

31. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

32. Blackcreekbandit

Yeah i saw the headline after you mentioned that earlier In the thread damn I hope that little girl is ok.. Everytime I go to a hockey or baseball game with casual fans im like please whatever you do, don't take your eye off the puck/ball. I will do my best to save you but I've seen plenty of fans hit with pucks and leave the game with stitches lol

BobDole likes this.
  33. Daytona Fin

34. Blackcreekbandit

:( go Astros!

Daytona Fin likes this.
  35. Daytona Fin

Yes Go Stros!

Another win would make it only the 3rd time in franchise history we have made this far in the post season (3 wins in a championship series), don't laugh, lol. It would be great to take out two storied AL teams along the way but I'm not holding my breath, we've choked away many playoff series over the years. I hated the move to the AL, if we make it, a Astros vs Cubs/Dodgers will have a weird feel to it.

36. Blackcreekbandit

Altuve is one hell of a player. I would give him the mvp so far

37. tylerdolphin

tylerdolphin More Smug than Birthday Dog Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

If Judge can get back on track after that HR, thats huge for us.

38. NY8123

All rise!

39. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

Judge is looking more comfortable out there ... ruh roh. A few jacks and web gems will help that cause. The tide turned and stadium came to life after that monster to center. You don't typically see a momentum swing with a team still down 3 runs ... but you got that feeling it was just a matter of time.

We can hit their closers. No issue hitting the heat. They have an issue with the junkers ... and Keuchel is a yankee killer.

Good post season baseball so far. If this baby bomber team can do it ... people might really start hating the Yankees again. Been a couple years.

tylerdolphin likes this.
  40. Blackcreekbandit

If the yanks make it to the series you can officially put me on suicide watch