*** OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD *** Day Two | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD *** Day Two

Adam First

Excellence in Mediocrity
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Day One Thread

2017_NFL_Draft.png

Rounds 2 & 3

10033167-nfl-2017-nfl-draft-1-850x560.jpeg

at the Eakins Oval, Philadelphia Museum of Art
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

TELEVISION

7Hj1GHC.png

mf2Fwnl.png

ESPN & NFL Network

ESPN Studio Host: Trey Wingo
ESPN Draft Analysts: Mel Kiper Jr., Todd McShay, Louis Riddick
ESPN Additional Personalities: Suzy Kolber, Adam Schefter, Chris Mortenson

NFLN Studio Host: Rich Eisen
NFLN Draft Analysts: Mike Mayock, Daniel Jeremiah, FOX College Football analyst Charles Davis
NFLN Additional Personalities: Chris Rose, Brian Billick, FOX NFL reporter Peter Schrager, Melissa Stark

Second Round of NFL Draft begins at 7 PM ET

DOLPHINS PICKS (subject to change - full, updated list here)
(picks will be filled in as night goes on)

Round 2, Pick 22 (54th overall) - LB Raekwon McMillan, Ohio State
Round 3, Pick 33 (97th overall - Compensatory Selection) -
CB Cordrea Tankersley, Clemson

[video=youtube;Kr0tTbTbmVA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr0tTbTbmVA[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Jimmy Johnson once traded the following years 1st rd pick in order to get a pick in the early second round. He used that pick to draft Surtain; a player he had a strong conviction on.
Is there a player that fell out of the 1st rd last night, that might be worth giving up next years' 1st rd pick for? Lamp, perhaps or McDowell

I need a Lamp its kinda dark...

I would trade our 2018 first rd pick w jaguars for their 2nd and fourth rd pick this yr.

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

Jordan Willis will be there at 54 I believe.

Lamp, perhaps or McDowell

I don't see McDowell as a fit on this team. His drive is very questionable. Why replace Jordan Phillips with another guy who lacks motivation? I think Miami will try to avoid taking another dude with questionable work ethic.

Give me the 110% effort second rounder. We happen to have one of those that turned out very well.

<----------

Why would we trade next year's first to draft a guard now?. Get over it guys. We're not drafting a guard at 54 either. Not my choice, just saying it's not going to happen. And the only way I see us trading up would be like moving us 3 or 4 spots by using one of our 3 picks in round 5. That could happen if a guy they really like got close enough to us. We don't have the amo to move up. We screw up that chance last year in the Carroo trade. We could possibly move down. You should only move up when you're just one or two players away to make a run at the super bowl. Otherwise you're building your team and to do that you need to keep your picks and get extra picks when possible

Ozzy rules!!

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

I don't see McDowell as a fit on this team. His drive is very questionable. Why replace Jordan Phillips with another guy who lacks motivation? I think Miami will try to avoid taking another dude with questionable work ethic.

Give me the 110% effort second rounder. We happen to have one of those that turned out very well.

<----------

I agree but taking a DT at some point tonight should not be off the table. We need a run stuffing player in there to rotate with Suh and Phillips

Ozzy rules!!

I agree but taking a DT at some point tonight should not be off the table. We need a run stuffing player in there to rotate with Suh and Phillips

I would be OK with them taking a developmental DT down the line, but I would be bummed if they selected McDowell. Like I said, 110% guys.

Say what you want about Harris, can't question the man's effort. Hopefully we get more of the same in rounds 2 and 3 tonight.

Get Chicago on the phone...

Shoot our 2nd, a 5th, and Carroo for their pick (36th)...

Let"s hope they want back some of the bounty they gave to Frisco. Carroo will have served a purpose.

Obi, Jones , Lamp, Bowser, Willis, Freeney if you land 1 of them you did well

I would trade our 2018 first rd pick w jaguars for their 2nd and fourth .

Acceptable...BUT I have us picking higher than 22, so issa no from me dawg.

Bradley Chubb or Dexter Lawrence...welcome to South beach.

I want Bowser but I fear Tanks gonna be the pick...Much like Taco, but that's another story

Back
Top Bottom