*Official NHL Offseason Thread* | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Official NHL Offseason Thread*

wow this is just weird

[SIZE=-1]ATLANTA JOURNAL-CONSTITUTION[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]: Tim Tucker reports a judge has ruled in a contentious court case between the owners of the Atlanta Thrashers and Hawks that, until the ownership situation is sorted out, the teams are now restricted to signing players to one-year contracts. The decision doesn't count against signings already made or currently in negotiation.[/SIZE]

Slappy8800 said:
wow this is just weird

[SIZE=-1]ATLANTA JOURNAL-CONSTITUTION[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]: Tim Tucker reports a judge has ruled in a contentious court case between the owners of the Atlanta Thrashers and Hawks that, until the ownership situation is sorted out, the teams are now restricted to signing players to one-year contracts. The decision doesn't count against signings already made or currently in negotiation.[/SIZE]
WOW!

I am hoping this is the final nail in the coffin for the Atlanta Thrashers. Putting a team in Atlanta was a mistake to begin with and now they have an ownership disaster.

They rightfully belong in Winnipeg or Quebec City.

In Atlanta they have 5,000 empty seats a night, fabricated attendence numbers and have to sell the game to a bunch of people who don't care.

If you can't seel tickets with Ilya Kovalchuk on your team you have issues. We all know that Atlanta is the worst sports city in North America. Why the hell did Bettman put a team there to being with? I know it was all about getting the quick fix of expansion money but it was still a stupid desision.

Bettman should do the right thing and bring a team back to Canada. Canada is the heartbeat of the NHL and Bettman screwed this country for years. He has taken a lot of the tradition out of the game to try to satisfy fringe American cities that never have and never will care about the sport of hockey.

In Winnipeg they have a new building (it only seats around 14,000 but can be expanded) and a RABID fan base. They would be the ONLY game in town. The only reason the Jets left was because of the financial insanity of the 90's. With the revenue sharing and collective agreement currently in play, along with the salary cap, the Jets could be very economically viable.

It makes too much sense for Bettman to do it though. He'll put a team in Hawaii before Canada gets another team.

unifiedtheory said:
WOW!

I am hoping this is the final nail in the coffin for the Atlanta Thrashers. Putting a team in Atlanta was a mistake to begin with and now they have an ownership disaster.

They rightfully belong in Winnipeg or Quebec City.

In Atlanta they have 5,000 empty seats a night, fabricated attendence numbers and have to sell the game to a bunch of people who don't care.

If you can't seel tickets with Ilya Kovalchuk on your team you have issues. We all know that Atlanta is the worst sports city in North America. Why the hell did Bettman put a team there to being with? I know it was all about getting the quick fix of expansion money but it was still a stupid desision.

Bettman should do the right thing and bring a team back to Canada. Canada is the heartbeat of the NHL and Bettman screwed this country for years. He has taken a lot of the tradition out of the game to try to satisfy fringe American cities that never have and never will care about the sport of hockey.

In Winnipeg they have a new building (it only seats around 14,000 but can be expanded) and a RABID fan base. They would be the ONLY game in town. The only reason the Jets left was because of the financial insanity of the 90's. With the revenue sharing and collective agreement currently in play, along with the salary cap, the Jets could be very economically viable.

It makes too much sense for Bettman to do it though. He'll put a team in Hawaii before Canada gets another team.
They put a team in atl thinking that because its the largest city in the SE US they had to have one there instead of a city like winnipeg or quebec where they would actually draw fans. In other words they went in and planned by market size and in theory it works if enough people learn to love the sport. But atlanta isnt like putting a team in dallas because texans are a lot more sports crazed from my impression. In the SE US its mostly football that matters most to many from personal experience.

In the end I totally agree with you. But thats the reason he did it. Its kinda the same way the nfl is so obsessed about getting a team in LA because of the size of the LA market.

Unified, this is for you

I heard from a source in Edmonton that Pronger was caught cheating on his wife by his wife and she wanted him to get away from the city and her.

Have you heard this rumbling???

wpgfishfan said:
Unified, this is for you

I heard from a source in Edmonton that Pronger was caught cheating on his wife by his wife and she wanted him to get away from the city and her.

Have you heard this rumbling???
The local radio guys were hinting at this without actually saying it...

If it is true, how is changing cities gonna change anything? If the guy found a chick to bang in Edmonton how do you think he'll do in California?

His wife is a moron and he is a whipped jackass for letting her run the agenda.

where were u guys when i posted that rumor last week at least?!

the chick alleged has made a statement that the rumor is false.

POTI AN ISLANDER - CONFIRMED!
[SIZE=-1]VARIOUS SOURCES CONFIRM THE NY ISLANDERS HAVE SIGNED FORMER NY RANGERS DEFENSEMAN TOM POTI TO A ONE-YEAR CONTRACT[/SIZE]

Slappy8800 said:
POTI AN ISLANDER - CONFIRMED!
[SIZE=-1]VARIOUS SOURCES CONFIRM THE NY ISLANDERS HAVE SIGNED FORMER NY RANGERS DEFENSEMAN TOM POTI TO A ONE-YEAR CONTRACT[/SIZE]
just heard that on wfan radio. We needed a qb for the PP so good move.

hmm apparently u havent seen Poti play the last few seasons....:sidelol:

Slappy8800 said:
hmm apparently u havent seen Poti play the last few seasons....:sidelol:
nah i seen him. Hes a good offensive defenseman but hes not someone you can rely on defensively. So basically you try and match him against smaller quicker players who wont push him around so much and let him play on the pp.

Back
Top Bottom