Official past draft picks discussion thread. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official past draft picks discussion thread.

xXwarXx

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone even checks the draft forum anymore, but I figured a thread for us draft heads to about the recent young crop of players could be fun.

Here we can talk about the past 2-3 years of draft picks. Talk about who's developing, who's a bust, I told you so, injury updates, etc.

I'll start, I predicted Billings Would be injured very early in his career with knee problems because of his power lifting back ground. Apparently tore his miniscus today.

For all the hype alot of people had about DGB, it doesn't seem to be coming together. He's starting to get the "Justin Houston " label.

Mike Davis who I really liked 2 drafts ago looked pretty decent finally, that entire draft class had a ton of rbs a lot of us here liked that looked absoltely horrible last season.

I really wanted Telvin Smith from FSU, don't even remember why now. Seems to be showing well in Jacksonville.

QB - Great start for Prescott. Liked him a lot as a mid-RD QB.

RB - So much for Derrick Henry being slow of foot. Jonathan Williams ran hard for Buffalo and put up solid numbers between the tackles. Same for K. Dixon in Baltimore. From 2015, Mike Davis looked great for SF.

OG - Connor McGovern is getting looks with Denver's 1's at RG. By all accounts, he's been very professional and self aware for a rookie. Given his physical talent, he should develop into a quality player sooner rather than later.

DT - I was a huge Carl Davis fan, and his rookie season didn't go as I thought (even though DT's take a while to develop). He looked strong against Carolina, and I expect him to start and play well in Baltimore this year.

Edge - In a blast from the past, Nick Perry is finally set to start in GB. Ogbah was criminally underrated entering the draft, and he's already showing why. Should have been a top-15 pick.

LB - Darron Lee looked as advertised (by people who liked him) against JAX. Should have been a top-15 pick. Jack looked pretty good, but he is returning from an injury, and Lee looked much better.

CB - James Bradberry looks like the real deal. He made some mistakes, but he has all the tools, and he's in a great scheme.

S - Kevin Byard and Justin Simmons somehow fell to the 3rd, and expect both to outplay their draft slots. Byard had a very nice INT and return, and Simmons is already getting run with the 1's in Nickel and Dime packages. Keeping in mind just how good Denver's secondary is, this is big news for a 3rd RD pick. AJ Hendy is really flashing for Miami. Think he makes the team.

Deandre Smelter could miss the whole season. I know a lot of people wanted us to use a pick on him, but it looks like the end might be near.

Melvin Gordon looks like he understands the NFL a lot better this Pre-season but it's still too early to tell. He's probably one of my more disappointing payers I've scouted in last years draft.

People who talked about Danny sheltons lack of ability are looking good right now. Cleveland really has a rare ability to blow massive amounts of picks every season.

Remember Aaron Murray? I dunno if people here were high on him, but on the other board I was on people were, hes probably going to get cut.

I loved Trey Flowers coming out of Arkansas - had him going in the 2nd. He's been dominant against Chicago and a reported standout throughout camp.

I loved Trey Flowers coming out of Arkansas - had him going in the 2nd. He's been dominant against Chicago and a reported standout throughout camp.

It's embarrassing seeing how easily the patriots fill in their oline spots compared to us.

Marcus Rush has 3 sacks and a FF against Denver. Was much higher on him than most. His agility and motor are top-notch, and his speed and burst are adequate.

Who Would of thought at this point, the big TE class with Ebron, Amaro, Niklas, and ASJ, and none of them have produced anything close to what we expected?

Seriously, what's going on with the young tight ends lately?

At least Eifert finally came around. I was getting worried about him.

How about Perryman and Kendricks? Looks like we should have taken 1 of them

How about Perryman and Kendricks? Looks like we should have taken 1 of them

I never cared about Perryman, but you can definitely argue that Miami would have been smart to trade up for Kendricks. There were many players they should have drafted over Drake, and Jatavis Brown was one of them.

I never cared about Perryman, but you can definitely argue that Miami would have been smart to trade up for Kendricks. There were many players they should have drafted over Drake, and Jatavis Brown was one of them.

I still can't get over the Kendricks thing, maybe I need some therapy, and didn't like the Drake pick at all.

There was a lot of passion on Drake on both sides of the coin after the draft oh here. He was like a lightning rod.

Finally looks like Perriman, who I wanted us to stay away from, is going to get a shot. Got to feel bad for him.

Thanks man! Way too early to call rookies and 2nd year players successes or failures, but it's fun to track the progress!

Yeah absolutely..

I think I hit pretty damn good 2 drafts ago, but this past draft hasn't shown out for me yet. But obviously, 2 preseason games means nothing. Still hard not tk react to it though.

I still can't get over the Kendricks thing, maybe I need some therapy, and didn't like the Drake pick at all.

There was a lot of passion on Drake on both sides of the coin after the draft oh here. He was like a lightning rod.

Finally looks like Perriman, who I wanted us to stay away from, is going to get a shot. Got to feel bad for him.

I think a lot of this draft threw a lot of people off since it was so offense heavy, and most thought we would go after a more typical between the tackles running back where as drake is more a moving piece with special receiving talent. I personally wanted Jordan Howard who compares IMO to Arian Foster, who is one of my favorite rbs.

I'm a big fan of drake, he offers the versatility that this offense needs. I think he's going to be a major piece for this offense. Defenses are going to have to pay extra attention to him.

Back
Top Bottom