Official past draft picks discussion thread. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official past draft picks discussion thread.

Imagine if we took Kendricks last year and Myles Jack this year. LB core solved

Bobby Heeny just laced up Mariota. Really interested to see how he does, def a player I was interested in for Miami.

Deandre Washington looking better than I expected.

Kenneth Dixon just got wrecked, that was ugly, hope hes ok.

Nelson Agholor, WTF happened to this dude?

With about 10 minutes to go in the 2nd QTR, Ogbah's almost been close to Winston twice, but Winston is very slick in the pocket. Watching Winston then RG3 is like night and day. In a dream scenario for Jackson, the running game is humming, and RG3's throwing nothing but deep passes and check downs to Duke Johnson. Asked to do anything else, RG3 looks completely lost, but Jackson is clever and patient. He should make the most of the situation. Duke Johnson should have a really strong all-around year.

Prescott continues to look good, and Elliott showed really well. Against a strong Seattle D, Prescott actually had to work against some pressure and show some more patience. When teams game plan for Prescott will have his ups and downs, but, to this point, you couldn't ask more of a #1 overall pick - see Goff/Wentz. For Seattle, Clark and Lockett continue to impress, and Ifedi doesn't look nearly as raw as projected. The young DT's Reed and Jefferson flash, but they were up against it, facing that Dallas OL. I haven't had a chance to focus on Nick Vannett, but I loved that pick. Seattle drafts good players = why they're good.

Trey Flowers is a menace. Even when double teamed, his motor does not stop, and he continues to push the pocket. New England is moving him around like Michael Bennett, but he doesn't freelance as much. I think he'll prove to be a better player than Bennett - similar, but stronger, more explosive, and generally more athletic, so he doesn't have to gamble. Funchess continues to improve. Bradberry gave up a couple plays, but he looks the part, and he's not afraid to smack someone in the mouth.

Conklin, Henry, and Byard all look like winners for Tennessee. The D still looks horrendous, but that OL can mash in the run game, and they should be able to put together long drives. That could be enough to make noise in a weak AFC South. I think people are overrating Oakland, but we'll see. I definitely don't see them surpassing Denver, and I like KC better (assuming a healthy Justin Houston), as well. Cooper, though, should see a jump in production similar to the one AJ Green saw in his 2nd season.

I still can't get over the Kendricks thing, maybe I need some therapy, and didn't like the Drake pick at all.

There was a lot of passion on Drake on both sides of the coin after the draft oh here. He was like a lightning rod.

Finally looks like Perriman, who I wanted us to stay away from, is going to get a shot. Got to feel bad for him.

The Kenyan Drake pick is one of those very few draft choices that absolutely everyone can look at and immediately ask, "What the heck were they thinking?"

I mean, I could be wrong, it could turn out to be a great pick, but... yeah, who am I kidding, it won't.

Sucks to see what happened to bridgewater. I guess his knee basically snapped in half the wrong way.

I do remember a lot of people saying his frame just wasn't built for the NFL level.

Sucks to see what happened to bridgewater. I guess his knee basically snapped in half the wrong way.

I do remember a lot of people saying his frame just wasn't built for the NFL level.
This is a bummer for all the Vikings fans. I feel bad for them, especially Marshall. It sucks to see a young promising player being lost for the season because of one misstep.

As far as our past drafts are concerned, I remember I wanted to stay put in 2013 and draft Tyler Eifert. Having said that, I had higher hopes for Eifert than what he has done so far.

This is a bummer for all the Vikings fans. I feel bad for them, especially Marshall. It sucks to see a young promising player being lost for the season because of one misstep.

As far as our past drafts are concerned, I remember I wanted to stay put in 2013 and draft Tyler Eifert. Having said that, I had higher hopes for Eifert than what he has done so far.

Eifert just can't stay healthy. He's been terrific when healthy.

Yeah I was huge on eifert myself. His ability to get TDs was obvious.

But it's true that he's soft. He just is...

It's early, but I'll go out on a limb and say I was wrong about Henry being another Daniel Thomas. :lol:

Apple has looked good this Pre season too, he just lost his man on one of new Englands legendary pick plays, but im not holding that against him.

Paul Perkins starting to legitimize my fears about spread offense rbs who look out of place in the NFL.

Peyton barber and Kenny bell cut.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's early, but I'll go out on a limb and say I was wrong about Henry being another Daniel Thomas. :lol:

Apple has looked good this Pre season too, he just lost his man on one of new Englands legendary pick plays, but im not holding that against him.

Paul Perkins starting to legitimize my fears about spread offense rbs who look out of place in the NFL.

Peyton barber and Kenny bell cut.

You're not alone on Henry, but Perkins' limited physical tools are showing up big time. Too bad, because he was a nice back at UCLA.

Apple looks good - better than I expected, and I agree that the TD is something he'll learn from/not a concern.

You're not alone on Henry, but Perkins' limited physical tools are showing up big time. Too bad, because he was a nice back at UCLA.

Apple looks good - better than I expected, and I agree that the TD is something he'll learn from/not a concern.

That spread offense has produced so many rbs that look amazing in college and completely out of place in the NFL. All that space he had in college in the spread he will mever see again, also the way he carried the ball at ucla warried me. 2 fumbles in preseason so far.

So this is the site for our "draft experts?

The same ones that said Derrick Henery was "too big" and too tall". (remember Eric Dickerson?).

Now, who would be more important to us. Derrick Henry or that Howard guy at corner? O wait, I forgot, we do not run the ball, we do not keep drives going etc. So I guess we should load up on defense.

Listen, if you can't see that Derrick Henry is tremendous, you're not good at watching football. Every chance he got, Henry put on a show this preseason. His 216 rushing yards in the exhibition games led all AFC running backs and finished second in the NFL to Washington's Mack Brown. He also earned a whopping 15 first downs on his touches this preseason, which was the second most of any player.

While he dominated all preseason, Henry's crescendo moment was in the Titans "dress rehearsal" third preseason game against the Raiders. On a 14-play scoring drive, Henry touched the ball 10 times and was the engine of Tennessee's offense on the way to the end zone. It was also the rookie back who popped in the goal-line touchdown. He was so impressive that fellow NFL Fantasy writer "the Franchise" and I spent the better part of an hour simply gushing over his play while watching a late-night replay of that game after a weekend trip to see a Dave Matthews Concert. Yes, it was all as incredible as you could imagine.

Henry has a tremendous blend of size, power and speed. His unique frame threw off observers who just couldn't contextualize his style of play with his 6-foot-3, 247-pound body. However, it is clear he's going to be a force in the NFL, especially as a hammer late in games.

www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/story/0...t-new-realities-we-learned-from-the-preseason

So this is the site for our "draft experts?

The same ones that said Derrick Henery was "too big" and too tall". (remember Eric Dickerson?).

Now, who would be more important to us. Derrick Henry or that Howard guy at corner? O wait, I forgot, we do not run the ball, we do not keep drives going etc. So I guess we should load up on defense.

Listen, if you can't see that Derrick Henry is tremendous, you're not good at watching football. Every chance he got, Henry put on a show this preseason. His 216 rushing yards in the exhibition games led all AFC running backs and finished second in the NFL to Washington's Mack Brown. He also earned a whopping 15 first downs on his touches this preseason, which was the second most of any player.

While he dominated all preseason, Henry's crescendo moment was in the Titans "dress rehearsal" third preseason game against the Raiders. On a 14-play scoring drive, Henry touched the ball 10 times and was the engine of Tennessee's offense on the way to the end zone. It was also the rookie back who popped in the goal-line touchdown. He was so impressive that fellow NFL Fantasy writer "the Franchise" and I spent the better part of an hour simply gushing over his play while watching a late-night replay of that game after a weekend trip to see a Dave Matthews Concert. Yes, it was all as incredible as you could imagine.

Henry has a tremendous blend of size, power and speed. His unique frame threw off observers who just couldn't contextualize his style of play with his 6-foot-3, 247-pound body. However, it is clear he's going to be a force in the NFL, especially as a hammer late in games.

www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/story/0...t-new-realities-we-learned-from-the-preseason

I loved Henry and agree with your praise of his abilities; however, everyone misses on players, and everyone has their own criteria for judging players. I'm fine with slamming someone for missing on Henry and for highlighting the reasons they missed (though we should consider that he hasn't played a regular season game), but I see no reason to question a person's overall ability to assess talent based on one miss.

Derrick Henry certainly looks very good but let's recognize it was pre-season. Don't get excited yet. Howard is going to be a very good starter for us and we certainly needed a corner more then a RB

Tell me that as 3rd and ones are still freaky passing downs for us. Tell me that as Tannehill "attempts" 40 passes a game.

Who do we have that can make that one yard when we need it?

HELLO, our problem is our lack of offense, we cannot keep drives going. We were almost last in the NFL in a number of important offensive stats.

Not that I expected better. We drafted another "nimble-footed" OL and another "scatback" RB......O yea, and another WR because you can never have enough of those.

Back
Top Bottom