Official Playoff Thread of the New England Patriots | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Playoff Thread of the New England Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are no pats message boards. There are no pats fans intelligent enough to make one. and even then they would have to be able to pull thier heads outta Tommyboys arse to find it.

This Brady envy you carry is a big problem for you isn't it? You seem obsessed with the guy, kind of like a short mans complex.

Actually of the several message boards I frequent is Patriots Planet and we welcome all fans there so stop in and pay a visit....that is if you dare to. I'm sure that most of the members there will find your Brady envy quite amusing.

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?forumid=2

Some of the comments on the Pats demise early in the thread are pretty funny today.

FlyingElvis said:
Some of the comments on the Pats demise early in the thread are pretty funny today.

The arrogance of Patriot fans is pretty funny today, seeing as how they couldn't muster a defensive stand against the Colts and force a punt the entire game in Foxborough.

Enjoy the RCA Dome, if you get there...

FaninPatsyLand said:
The arrogance of Patriot fans is pretty funny today, seeing as how they couldn't muster a defensive stand against the Colts and force a punt the entire game in Foxborough.

Enjoy the RCA Dome, if you get there...

Perhaps a history lesson is appropriate here. Rewind back to oct 31 2004 The day the steelers ended the NE 21 game winning streak. We lose Law in the process of getting a beating at the hands of the steelers. Then fast forward to the AFCC game NE at Pitt the same year.....NE returns the favor in a blow out of the Steelers................Losing to a team in week 6 or 7 doesn't automatically constitute a loss in the play offs..............nuff said.

FlyingElvis said:

Yes they are but consider the source.

MR NFLFAN said:
Perhaps a history lesson is appropriate here. Rewind back to oct 31 2004 The day the steelers ended the NE 21 game winning streak. We lose Law in the process of getting a beating at the hands of the steelers. Then fast forward to the AFCC game NE at Pitt the same year.....NE returns the favor in a blow out of the Steelers................Losing to a team in week 6 or 7 doesn't automatically constitute a loss in the play offs..............nuff said.

Don't compare THOSE Patriots and THESE Patriots. And don't compare THOSE Steelers to THESE Colts.

Stop living in the past, you guys sound like Yankee fans.

Nuff said.

What we are trying to say is that the playoffs will be full of legit contenders, not teams that reside on top in the worst division in the AFC (AFC East). REAL contenders being the Bengals, Colts. Even the Steelers are a legit enough of a contender to knock out the Pats, the playoffs are gonna be a long journey, predictions and **** talk are worthless.

NFL fans never learn, the least likely often win in postseason, and that anyone can beat anyone in this league. Will I say the Pats are goin home, no necessarily. But are they the Pats from before, of course not just look at their roster.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Don't compare THOSE Patriots and THESE Patriots. And don't compare THOSE Steelers to THESE Colts.

Stop living in the past, you guys sound like Yankee fans.

Nuff said.

And don't compare the week 9 patriots to week 16 patriots as well. Your Fins will find out that week 17 Patriots are a much tougher team than they faced back in week 10. Gus might want to make sure his life insurance premiums are paid up to date.

MR NFLFAN said:
And don't compare the week 9 patriots to week 16 patriots as well. Your Fins will find out that week 17 Patriots are a much tougher team than they faced back in week 10. Gus might want to make sure his life insurance premiums are paid up to date.

With the division title clinched, would it even be smart to start the starters? For no gain??? :confused:

Mr NFL need to rethink his thoughts...

AquaInferno said:
What we are trying to say is that the playoffs will be full of legit contenders, not teams that reside on top in the worst division in the AFC (AFC East). REAL contenders being the Bengals, Colts. Even the Steelers are a legit enough of a contender to knock out the Pats, the playoffs are gonna be a long journey, predictions and **** talk are worthless.

NFL fans never learn, the least likely often win in postseason, and that anyone can beat anyone in this league. Will I say the Pats are goin home, no necessarily. But are they the Pats from before, of course not just look at their roster.

Well until we are sent home we are just as legit contenders as any team in the playoffs perhaps more so than some of those teams you mention. We do have plenty of playoff experience and in close games also so don't discount a team because they lost back in week 9 to one of the other contenders. Thats what my post was about. No 05 team is the same team they were in 04 and thats is a way of life in the NFL. When the playoffs start it's a whole new ball game and what you did in the regular season means nothing. How you are playing in dec. and Jan. are all that matters and I am confident we are coming together at the right time.
We have faced the mighty colts for the playoffs 2 straight years when everyone considered them unbeatable and have beaten them. I see no reason to believe we can't make that 3 yrs. Last year we faced a 15-1 steelers team and blew them out on their home field. All i am saying is you can bet that Belichick will have this team ready to fight come playoff time, no doubt about it. Plus NE has one incentive that none of those other "contenders" have and that would be the threepeat. Trust in Bill as we say.

AquaInferno said:
With the division title clinched, would it even be smart to start the starters? For no gain??? :confused:

Mr NFL need to rethink his thoughts...

I think you can bet that Belichick isn't going to take his foot off the throttle any time soon. He didn't last season nor the season before and i think he believes the only way to remain sharp is to play. Don't forget many of these guys are just returning back from injuries and are only now begining to shake off the rust. You obviously don't know much about Belichick or the way he coaches.

MR NFLFAN said:
I think you can bet that Belichick isn't going to take his foot off the throttle any time soon. He didn't last season nor the season before and i think he believes the only way to remain sharp is to play. Don't forget many of these guys are just returning back from injuries and are only now begining to shake off the rust. You obviously don't know much about Belichick or the way he coaches.

And if a star player misses playoffs thanks to playing for no reason, then what? I believe before you guys at least had a chance at home feild in the playoffs, this year there is 0 improvment you guys can make in your playoff status. Why play star players and risk them being hurt if nothing can be gained? I seriously expect to see cruise control for the Pats.

Brady is a prime example here, he played throughout the season, there won't be rust, if he goes down in week 16 or 17 then what will Bill do? He could kiss any chance they had at the big game goodbye. And no you could not make it without Brady as QB so you Patsie fans pipe down and don't even bring up the possibility, Doug Flutie??? Matt Cassle??? Those guys will not cut it, guaranteed.

MR NFLFAN said:

Oh no... I'm shaking in my boots. :sidelol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom