Official: South American qualifiers for the 2014 World Cup thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official: South American qualifiers for the 2014 World Cup thread

WestPhish

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Now that Brazil is not in the mix...who are the favorites to qualify for the 2014 World Cup?. Mine are....

Argentina
Uruguay
Paraguay
Colombia or Chile for the 4th and 5th (playoff spot)

Let's see if it so obvious.....surprises can happen!

Argentina
Uruaguay
Ecuador
Paraguay
Chile

I know Colombia is a popular selection right now . . . but I actually like Ecuador to qualify over them.

Peru is the darkhorse though.

Looking forward to the U.S. match against Ecuador tomorrow.

Argentina
Uruaguay
Ecuador
Paraguay
Chile

I know Colombia is a popular selection right now . . . but I actually like Ecuador to qualify over them.

Peru is the darkhorse though.

Looking forward to the U.S. match against Ecuador tomorrow.

I agree that Ecuador is playing good football....as I said there might be some surprises in this qualifying

Uruguay is the team to beat playing some great team football. Argentina is struggling to find it's identity and Venezuela is surprising some people (me included). It's all tied up at the top between these 3 teams.

I think after Uruguay and Argentina, qualification is going to be an absolute slug-fest between the rest of the teams. Any of the other 7 sides are capable of qualifying, including Bolivia as its damn hard to win in La Paz.

I think after Uruguay and Argentina, qualification is going to be an absolute slug-fest between the rest of the teams. Any of the other 7 sides are capable of qualifying, including Bolivia as its damn hard to win in La Paz.

I am not taking anything for granted, not even Argentina's qualification, which entirely depends on which team shows up on the field. Going to La Paz can be a nightmare for some teams (see Argentina), but others don't seem to have trouble with the altitude.

I am not taking anything for granted, not even Argentina's qualification, which entirely depends on which team shows up on the field. Going to La Paz can be a nightmare for some teams (see Argentina), but others don't seem to have trouble with the altitude.

Argentina usually struggle alright at the beginning, but I think their quality shows out at the end and with no Brazil in this campaign, I would really be stunned if they fail to qualify.

Also how is Fabricio Coloccini not even in the squad? Currently captain of Newcastle and playing some very good football. One of the main reasons Newcastle are 3rd in the Premiership. Fully deserves a call-up IMO.

Argentina usually struggle alright at the beginning, but I think their quality shows out at the end and with no Brazil in this campaign, I would really be stunned if they fail to qualify.

Also how is Fabricio Coloccini not even in the squad? Currently captain of Newcastle and playing some very good football. One of the main reasons Newcastle are 3rd in the Premiership. Fully deserves a call-up IMO.

There are lot of very good Argentine football players that play abroad that don't even figure into the national team, and IMO some local players that deserve attention too...this squad needs new blood to keep it fresh. I think the except for a few, (Messi, Higuain, Aguero) the other team members are replaceable.

No worries about Argentina, I mean it is so early in the process right now . . . 5 teams to get in and no Brazil? It is a formality that they will qualify, just let it play out. At the first sniff of real danger they will pick up their play and take their game to the next level.

Uruguay is too talented not to qualify as well and I'm confident in Chile. I still think Ecuador and Paraguay round out those final 2 spots, though respect to Venezula for their good start. But yea that final spot is really anybody's guess . . . Peru, Colombia hell maybe Bolivia but boy would that be a stunner. I mean hell when do they play? Like in 7+ months from now? So early guys . . . i remember Brazil struggling early a few times in qualifying before taking care of business when they needed to:

Brazil*
Argentina
Uruguay
Chile
Ecuador
Paraguay

I still stand by that

No worries about Argentina, I mean it is so early in the process right now . . . 5 teams to get in and no Brazil? It is a formality that they will qualify, just let it play out. At the first sniff of real danger they will pick up their play and take their game to the next level.

Uruguay is too talented not to qualify as well and I'm confident in Chile. I still think Ecuador and Paraguay round out those final 2 spots, though respect to Venezula for their good start. But yea that final spot is really anybody's guess . . . Peru, Colombia hell maybe Bolivia but boy would that be a stunner. I mean hell when do they play? Like in 7+ months from now? So early guys . . . i remember Brazil struggling early a few times in qualifying before taking care of business when they needed to:

Brazil*
Argentina
Uruguay
Chile
Ecuador
Paraguay

I still stand by that

Let's see 7 months from now when we start up again.....I don't disagree with the way you see the qualifiers ending up, but we could have some surprises down the road. Can't wait

Back
Top Bottom