Official UFC/MMA Thread..Spoiler Alert.. | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official UFC/MMA Thread..Spoiler Alert..

B.J Penn wins by submission, dam Kenny Florian really was streaking till he ran into the wall B.J Penn

Me too. I was worried that Forrest would flop on top of Silva for the entire fight.

I still think D. Henderson could beat Silva. For whatever reason, Henderson seems ashamed of the fact that he's a world class wrestler. Silva does have a weakness: his take down defense. But, Henderson would have to punish Silva each time he took him down. GSP might have a shot, but Silva's size could make it difficult for GSP.

Good call though bro, you were right I was wrong, I thought Forrest could offer more, even on the feet. Anderson is the bomb no doubt about it. I agree i'd like to see Hendo get another crack at him

Oh and, Woot! Glad BJ won, my favorite fighter.

Aside from the last 2 fights, I'd say this card was pretty weak and not that entertaining. I hate decisions and all the fights I saw aside from the last 2 went to them. I may have missed the first fight though. Anyway, Silva owned Forrest. Silva walks around at 205 and says he wants to fight the best. I can't wait to see him take on Machida. If I was GSP I wouldn't step to Silva.
Penn impressed me though, I think if Florian did what his corner said it would have been different. Penn had the huge experience edge over him and just needed a small window then smashed it.

Very upset with the Griffin/Silva fight. Forrest looked lost and didnt look nothing like an MMA fighter. Glad to see BJ Penn beat Florian though. Made my night.

BTW...I got the official UFC 101 poster. Went to a bar and they had it on display and I took it lol...real nice poster, going to buy a frame for it tomorrow to put it up in my office

Last edited by a moderator:
Very upset with the Griffin/Silva fight. Forrest looked lost and didnt look nothing like an MMA fighter. Glad to see BJ Penn beat Florian though. Made my night.

BTW...I got the official UFC 101 poster. Went to a bar and they had it on display and I took it lol...real nice poster, going to buy a frame for it tomorrow to put it up in my office

Man, Forrest ran out of the cage. I've never seen that before. I was like wtf?? and he looked lost the first time Silva hit him. Silva took it easy on him after that, if he wanted he could have killed Forrest.
Nice job getting that poster though.

Forrest Griffin?

If there somthing wrong with him because that just didn't look like Forrest Griffin in the ring vs Anderson Silva tonight he usually has a really tough Chin and that looked like a really weak chin tonight and when he ran out of the ring that was a little weird because he isn't a poor sport and he would usually congraulate Silva after a fight.

Man, Forrest ran out of the cage. I've never seen that before. I was like wtf?? and he looked lost the first time Silva hit him. Silva took it easy on him after that, if he wanted he could have killed Forrest.
Nice job getting that poster though.

For sure man, that fight pissed me off big time. He ran out cause he was embarrassed hard on national tv. Something was wrong with him though cause that didnt look nothing like him but w/e the BJ Penn fight made up for it though. BJ's one of my fav. fighters

For sure man, that fight pissed me off big time. He ran out cause he was embarrassed hard on national tv. Something was wrong with him though cause that didnt look nothing like him but w/e the BJ Penn fight made up for it though. BJ's one of my fav. fighters

Did you notice when Forrest was KO'd he was even really KO'd? I mean he was fully responsive. As soon as the ref stopped it he popped up and ran out. Forrest has always been a game fighter, very strange. That's not to take nother away from Anderson he's a phenom, but Forrest seemed to just quit.

Forrest's jaw dislocated early.

Well, our suspicions were right, Forrest wasn't himself for good reason.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/8/9/982799/update-on-forrest-griffin-from-the

Update on Forrest Griffin (who was absent from the post-fight press conference) from the UG:

"I heard his jaw was dislocated very early in the fight…then he took several more punches to the jaw. Apparently he can’t hear out of the ear on that side either. He left the octagon because he needed medical attention asap. At first they thought his jaw was broken, then said it was dislocated."

Unfortunate -- bad news, but still good news at the same time. Good news in that Forrest still has his heart he was just injured, good news that he didn't run off cause he was embarrassed but because he needed medical attention.

Sounds like a BS excuse to me made up after he saw how much of a putz he looked like. His jaw is probably hurt. Probably disloacted. But he ran from the ring like a girl and got embarrassed!!!!

We have seen people on the brink of death with blood coming out of every opening of their face stay in the ring and show better class and sportsmanship

Oh and, Woot! Glad BJ won, my favorite fighter.

MMA is still so young that you get these fighters that are completely dominate. If you look at the weight classes 155 through 205, the Champions appear to be way ahead of the other fighters in their weight classes. Think of the NBA back when it was possible for the Celtics to win 9 titles in 11 years or Wilt to score 100 points in a game. That's kind of what we're looking at. In ten years, I think we'll see a lot more parody - not because the top level fighters have fallen off, but because there will be a large group of dynamic fighters. I mean, three years ago, Chuck was able to dominate 205 by have good KO power and great take down defense. That was enough. The sport is progressing at a rapid pace.

Well, our suspicions were right, Forrest wasn't himself for good reason.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/8/9/982799/update-on-forrest-griffin-from-the

Unfortunate -- bad news, but still good news at the same time. Good news in that Forrest still has his heart he was just injured, good news that he didn't run off cause he was embarrassed but because he needed medical attention.

I think you are right. If I couldn't hear and was disoriented I would find help as soon as I could. No need to show your toughness there man. We have seen guys get back up after a concussion and bleeding all over, but they know they are okay. Hopefully he was okay and I think Forrest is the kind of guy that will come out and let everyone know what happened. I think if he finds out he's okay and was just out his mind, he will tell everyone, he's never really been a shady guy.

got too drunk yesterday afternoon and never made it to the bar to watch the fight. no surprise on either the griffin or penn fights - pissed i missed them though. griffin just isn't in silva's league. if someone had a link - legal of course - to watch the fights/highlights it would be much appreciated.

Only problem with that is, he has stated that he will not fight Lyoto Machida, Machida has also been on record saying this, because the two are good friends.

Maybe Machida could vacate the LHW title and move to Heavyweight . . . I don't know the whole concept seems a bit silly, but Silva seems to fight with a fire at LHW that he doesn't at 185. So, maybe there's something to it. After the Machida/Shogun fight, there are some interesting potential match ups.

Evans
Rampage
Shogun
Machida
A. Silva
Machida
T. Silva (I think he'll beat Jardine fairly easily. He had the misfortune of getting destroyed by Machida before everyone realized how great Machida is, so his reputation took an unfair hit.)
Griffin

. . .

If Shogun manages to beat Machida, that could put A. Silva in line for a title fight pretty soon. If Machida wins, there's still Rampage, Evans, Shogun, etc. for A. Silva.

Back
Top Bottom