Official UFC/MMA Thread..Spoiler Alert.. | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official UFC/MMA Thread..Spoiler Alert..

Ya LHW is stacked...I think there are more non-title LHW fights that would be a MUCH larger draw than anyone Silva would face in MW.

Hendo is the only one who has a shot in MW, and i think hes just too old now. He didnt look quick to me against Bisping, he was just that much better regardless.

got too drunk yesterday afternoon and never made it to the bar to watch the fight. no surprise on either the griffin or penn fights - pissed i missed them though. griffin just isn't in silva's league. if someone had a link - legal of course - to watch the fights/highlights it would be much appreciated.

You picked a good PPV to miss, neither of the main events were much competitive, especially Silva/Forrest. And the undercard was severely lacking.

You picked a good PPV to miss, neither of the main events were much competitive, especially Silva/Forrest. And the undercard was severely lacking.

that makes me feel better. i heard it wasn't very good - but i still hate missing the events.

clear.gif

wtf Gina Carano loss, ugh i kinda wanted her to get womens MMA big, there is nothing better than a hot chick kicking ***, she a FREAK.

102 was not bad. The two main fights lived up to it anyway at least. Thiago Silva is a beast and made Jardine look silly and fast. I want to see him take on Rampage before he gets another shot at Machida. Couture showed how tough he is and averted a stoppage about 3 times, but Minotauro controlled what was a good fight. Next fight is free on Spike Sept. 18th and 103 looks like a great card.

i think B.J Penn vs Sanchez should join the 106 fight Card. Its would be Awesome. I'm ordering this one but if it had B.J Penn vs Sanchez it would be sick and highly anticipated.

fights tonight were pretty damn good - think they were new ones. i hadn't seen them. quarry and credeur was a good match up - no surprises there. credeur stands straight up and just waits to get teed off on - good fight though. condit started off slow but eventually picked it up at the end. the huerta/maynard fight was damn close as well - both are great fighters. maynard is no joke - his footwork and hand speed are amazing. was pulling for huerta though. i hate diaz and wished he was murdered by guillard - guillard just gets too damn ****y and reckless in there and relies too much on his athleticism and freak right hand. dropped diaz pretty nice in the first though. think there were more fights but they weren't on tv - which was super lame.

also caught the first episode of the new ultimate fighter too. haven't watched a season since the first one - which was endlessly entertaining. gotta see how kimbo and big country do in there. rampage's picks were head scratchers - first fight was lame and his first guy got used.

why don't they have new televised fights every week in the UFC? there are more than enough fighters and they hardly ever get to fight b/c of that clusterfugg. someone probably knows the answer to this but i don't.

looking forward to the card on saturday - although i'll be drunk as piss in gainesville so i'm not sure if i'll get a chance to watch them. theses match ups are getting better and better - so many of them can go either way. can't wait to see mcfedries fight again - him and alexander are the hardest hitters in the UFC. also interested to see if belfour and trigg still got it.

I was kinda shocked that guy didn't get finished. He just sat there and took it. I'm not expecting much out of this season tho, looked like a weak group. We'll see I guess.

Ufc 103

Anyone buy the pay per view? If so can you hit me up with some fight updates?

I think if Franklin losses he should think about retirement.

I was scratching my head at rampage, too. He sucks as a coach but, he is hands down the most hilarious character in the UFC. I do like Wes Simms though. He'll surprise people if they don't take him seriously...a la Frank Mir.

I still don't understand why MMA fans have such a hatred for Kimbo. He was billed on the internet as some ghetto criminal maniac and whatnot but, he is actually a pretty humble and honorable guy. Even on his internet fights, he helped his opponents up a couple of times after the fight. He has never claimed to be a great MMA fighter.

Just like many in the sport, he came from a particular background. Some come from boxing and wrestling, some from Muy Thai and BJJ, some from other sports. Well Kimbo's background is from Street Boxing and football (I think he was on the Fins practice squad at one point). Does his background really prepare him for high level MMA? Prolly not. But you can't tell me Abe Wagner deserves anymore credit than Kimbo for giving MMA a try.

Maybe we should create a TUF season 10 thread.

Back
Top Bottom