Official UFC/MMA Thread..Spoiler Alert.. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official UFC/MMA Thread..Spoiler Alert..

pretty good card IMO. machida made rashad look even worse than i thought he would. edgar's got some skills - sherk is done. the days of one dimensional fighters are over. just ask royce. i love watching mcfedries fight - that ko power is ridiculous. too bad he has zero ground game.

what do we think about the next card? i'll predict franklin ko's silva - velasquez murders kongo - swick ko's saunders - davis ko's hardy - fisher over uno - taylor over sobotta - and kelly ko's delgado. who cares about the other fights.

i like this next card for two big reasons. one is the brawl potential. although these might not be the biggest names (anymore at least), all these matchups favor two guys standing and throwing. if i wanted to watch wrestling, i'd watch wrestling. gonna see some nice knockouts. the other reason is velasquez. all the mma insiders are saying he's the next big thing. i haven't seen him fight enough yet to say one way or another, but i can't wait to see this one. good stuff.

I agree with your picks for the next card Bob, except i'm taking Ben Saunders over Mike Swick. Kinda don't like the main event cause i'm a big fan of both fighters, hate when that happens. But should be a good matchup.

Some other good MMA events are coming up as well, StrikeForce June 6th with Robbie Lawler vs Jake Shields headlining, also Nick Diaz vs Scott Smith, and June 7th WEC, Urijah Faber vs Mike Brown for the featherweight belt.

I'm looking forward to 100. I'm kind of surprised 99 is pay per view. While I'm excited about the Franklin vs. Silva fight because it should be full of fireworks, neither fighter is a real factor at 205 or 185. And, the UFC is in a bit of a strange spot. If Silva wins - as they hope, I'm sure - they could eventually have a Silva vs. Silva fight at 185. If Franklin wins, it just means he can beat another fighter not named Anderson.

I agree with your picks for the next card Bob, except i'm taking Ben Saunders over Mike Swick. Kinda don't like the main event cause i'm a big fan of both fighters, hate when that happens. But should be a good matchup.

Some other good MMA events are coming up as well, StrikeForce June 6th with Robbie Lawler vs Jake Shields headlining, also Nick Diaz vs Scott Smith, and June 7th WEC, Urijah Faber vs Mike Brown for the featherweight belt.

saunders could very well take out swick - if he can cope with swick's hand speed that is. if not i don't see that going out of the first round.

can't wait for the brown/faber fight. faber bugs the **** out of me and i would very much like to see him get used again. would like to see smith knock out diaz as well - not a fan of his. i wouldn't mind seeing a diaz/lawler rematch.

interesting card tonight. diaz made smith look silly. too bad. lawler got over-excited and got caught in a choke by a nobody. ****ty. at least i'm drunk.

Yes Brett Rogers is on the Rise. He beat Arlovski in 22 seconds.

interesting card tonight. diaz made smith look silly. too bad. lawler got over-excited and got caught in a choke by a nobody. ****ty. at least i'm drunk.

Shields definitely isn't a nobody, he's a top 5 welterweight easily, who just tooled a natural 185er. He trains with Nick Diaz at Cesar Gracie camp, too bad cause that would be a great fight, but guys in the same camp don't usually like to fight eachother.

Luckily for me i'm a fan of both guys.. aside from Arlovski getting embarrased it was a good night of fights for me.

Do you guys watch WEC too? Mike Brown/Urijah Faber 2 was a pretty good fight tonight. Urijah Faber has heart for fighting with his broken hand (broke it in the first round).

yea brown/faber was a great fight...happy mike got it done

which judge had it 48-47, he needs to be fired lol. I had it 50-45 Brown. 1st round was close. Unfortunate Urijah hurt his hand though, fight was good coulda been better. I don't know how you could argue Faber won two rounds, maybe one but w/e.

which judge had it 48-47, he needs to be fired lol. I had it 50-45 Brown. 1st round was close. Unfortunate Urijah hurt his hand though, fight was good coulda been better. I don't know how you could argue Faber won two rounds, maybe one but w/e.

seriously. brown owned him. decent fight though.

Shields definitely isn't a nobody, he's a top 5 welterweight easily, who just tooled a natural 185er. He trains with Nick Diaz at Cesar Gracie camp, too bad cause that would be a great fight, but guys in the same camp don't usually like to fight eachother.

Luckily for me i'm a fan of both guys.. aside from Arlovski getting embarrased it was a good night of fights for me.

huh. i had never heard of him before a few nights ago - and i follow mma pretty closely. i thought arlovski was gonna put on a better showing as well - he's pretty much done. i can't stand diaz. i wanted smith to hurt him.

huh. i had never heard of him before a few nights ago - and i follow mma pretty closely. i thought arlovski was gonna put on a better showing as well - he's pretty much done. i can't stand diaz. i wanted smith to hurt him.

The guy like never loses. He's beat some some good opponents, Okami, Condit, Thompson, I can't remember when he last lost. I guess he doesn't get much exposure but he's pretty good. Definitely one of the best welters outside of the ufc. would be interesting to see him vs the few good ufc WWs lol.

Faber's broken hand he fought through. No doubt he's one tough mutha.

11571232-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom