Official UFC/MMA Thread..Spoiler Alert.. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official UFC/MMA Thread..Spoiler Alert..

the lesnar/mir fight is real simple. if they stay on their feet, lesnar murders him. if they go to the ground at basically any point during the fight, lesnar will get caught in an arm bar or leg lock. i think lesnar is smart enough to stay on his feet and not pounce on mir once he goes down - learning from the last fight - and will just demolish mir. i think GSP dismantles alves, although i would love the opposite to come true. hate GSP with a passion. i think henderson should handle bisping - hate that ****y *** brit as well. i see one of those huge looping right hands that henderson likes to throw putting bisping in his place. he's not an easy guy to hit - so henderson needs to keep his composure and not chase him down like everyone else does.

not a huge fan of the undercard - but i see fitch, akiyama, bonner, miller, o'brien, grant, dollaway, and grice all walking away with victories - although most of those fights can go either way.

the lesnar/mir fight is real simple. if they stay on their feet, lesnar murders him. .

That's funny because on the countdown to UFC 100 show Mir says he'd beat Brock in a striking match 99 times out of 100.

Course I strongly disagree. As Rogan said, if you get hit with one of those lunch boxes Brock calls hands you're gonna hit the ground.

I agree with what you said about GSP Alves, I picked that fight with my heart and not my mind. I want to see Alves win and I think he has a chance if he can manage to keep it standing, Hughes and Koscheck couldn't ground him so that's a pretty good sign. GSP is obviously the favorite however.

That's funny because on the countdown to UFC 100 show Mir says he'd beat Brock in a striking match 99 times out of 100.

Course I strongly disagree. As Rogan said, if you get hit with one of those lunch boxes Brock calls hands you're gonna hit the ground.

I agree with what you said about GSP Alves, I picked that fight with my heart and not my mind. I want to see Alves win and I think he has a chance if he can manage to keep it standing, Hughes and Koscheck couldn't ground him so that's a pretty good sign. GSP is obviously the favorite however.

i watched that countdown too - and laughed out loud. mir doesn't have a quarter of the power that lesnar does. hell, lesnar took couture out with a glazing blow to the side/back of the head. mir's game is on the ground. sure, he looked good on his feet against nogueira, but doesn't everybody? i'm sure his hands have improved but unless he plans on hitting lesnar a hundred times - and lesnar not hitting him once - he needs to take that fight to the ground.

the GSP/alves fight should be entertaining. GSP is just as dangerous on his feet than on the ground so alves has his work cut out for him. am very much looking forward to that one.

i watched that countdown too - and laughed out loud. mir doesn't have a quarter of the power that lesnar does. hell, lesnar took couture out with a glazing blow to the side/back of the head. mir's game is on the ground. sure, he looked good on his feet against nogueira, but doesn't everybody? i'm sure his hands have improved but unless he plans on hitting lesnar a hundred times - and lesnar not hitting him once - he needs to take that fight to the ground.

Problem is, there's no way he's taking Lesnar to the ground. If Lesnar is wise he'd force Mir to stand and bang rather than get in his guard and have to fend off submission attempts.

the GSP/alves fight should be entertaining. GSP is just as dangerous on his feet than on the ground so alves has his work cut out for him. am very much looking forward to that one.

Yes, i'm looking forward to this one the most. I read Alves was having trouble making weight earlier in the week, but he has it under control said he was 183 as of yesterday, has to lose 13 lbs in 3 days, yikes. But according to him it's routine and he says he's ahead of schedule.

Just out of curiosity, why the hate for GSP? Not a point to argue, just curious.

To me, GSP's the most complete fighter in the UFC - maybe all of MMA (would probably go Fedor). I have only one criticism for GSP: when he takes someone down and has the chance to finish, he wrestles too much - rather than creating space to knock out his opponent. But, 99% of fighters have this fault.

Just out of curiosity, why the hate for GSP? Not a point to argue, just curious.

To me, GSP's the most complete fighter in the UFC - maybe all of MMA (would probably go Fedor). I have only one criticism for GSP: when he takes someone down and has the chance to finish, he wrestles too much - rather than creating space to knock out his opponent. But, 99% of fighters have this fault.

couple reasons

-i'm a big Penn fan, and still a little bit bitter.
-during the Penn fight it was discovered GSP had been greasing his body, so Penn couldn't do crap from guard, lost a lot of respect learning that
-i love Alves explosiveness, he fights mean, and mean fighters are fun to watch
-Alves winning would refresh the WW division. GSP has already beat most of the top contenders. Next in line would probably be the winner of Swick/Kampmann, and I see GSP tooling either of them.

Problem is, there's no way he's taking Lesnar to the ground. If Lesnar is wise he'd force Mir to stand and bang rather than get in his guard and have to fend off submission attempts.

Yes, i'm looking forward to this one the most. I read Alves was having trouble making weight earlier in the week, but he has it under control said he was 183 as of yesterday, has to lose 13 lbs in 3 days, yikes. But according to him it's routine and he says he's ahead of schedule.

lesnar has a tendency to pounce on people and throw those hammers when he knocks someone down. that's the problem.

hoping its the most entertaining fight of the lot. hope alves has the stamina. my gut tells me the henderson fight is gonna be the best.

Last edited by a moderator:

he's french. the greasing thing didn't help his cause much either.

-i'm a big Penn fan, and still a little bit bitter.
-during the Penn fight it was discovered GSP had been greasing his body, so Penn couldn't do crap from guard, lost a lot of respect learning that
-i love Alves explosiveness, he fights mean, and mean fighters are fun to watch
-Alves winning would refresh the WW division. GSP has already beat most of the top contenders. Next in line would probably be the winner of Swick/Kampmann, and I see GSP tooling either of them.

I don't think it's fair to say he was greasing. Penn was never in a position on the ground to even have the grease be a factor. GSP so physically dominated Penn that - had they both been bone dry - Penn was never in a position to even attempt a submission. I like Penn as a fighter, think he's a girl for making an issue out of the greasing. As far as the detail of the greasing, GSP was definitely not greasing his own body. His corner guy responsible for keeping his face greased touched - not rubbed, but touched - a few pressure points in an effort to help his chi. If Penn had an issue during the fight, he could have had the ref look into it. It would have been as simple as wiping GSP off with a towel between rounds. In fact, I watched a replay after the controversy, and I remember him being wiped down after being "greased."

So, Penn was being a terrible loser. I'm sure they noticed the grease man's mistake after the fight and then said, 'Hey, he did feel greasy.' If GSP fought Penn 100 times, he'd win 95 - at least.

I don't think it's fair to say he was greasing. Penn was never in a position on the ground to even have the grease be a factor. GSP so physically dominated Penn that - had they both been bone dry - Penn was never in a position to even attempt a submission. I like Penn as a fighter, think he's a girl for making an issue out of the greasing. As far as the detail of the greasing, GSP was definitely not greasing his own body. His corner guy responsible for keeping his face greased touched - not rubbed, but touched - a few pressure points in an effort to help his chi. If Penn had an issue during the fight, he could have had the ref look into it. It would have been as simple as wiping GSP off with a towel between rounds. In fact, I watched a replay after the controversy, and I remember him being wiped down after being "greased."

So, Penn was being a terrible loser. I'm sure they noticed the grease man's mistake after the fight and then said, 'Hey, he did feel greasy.' If GSP fought Penn 100 times, he'd win 95 - at least.

Whether it effected the outcome of the fight is irrelavent, he was cheating.

here's the trainer holding a jar of vaseline, you can see the NSAC representative coming over.

greaser-1.gif

Here he's rubbing over GSP, shoulders and back, You're only allowed to have a small amount of vaseline on your face.

greasing2-1.gif

there was an issue during the fight, the athletic commission guy even came into the cage. Here's an NSAC guy wiping him down with a towel.

clear.gif

Keep in mind BJ Penn is one of the most flexible guys in MMA, his legs slide right down as he tries to trap the shoulders.

slip3-1.gif

Wow, ESPN's coverage of the weigh-ins sucked. They keep cutting away during the staredowns. I guess I should be happy that ESPN is even finally starting to take MMA seriously as a sport, but not if they're gonna butcher the simplest of things.

Wow Bisping got KTFO.

I loved it....

The event pretty much went the way I wanted it to except the GSP vs Alves fight. Good event

Last edited by a moderator:
Great card!

That first fight was great, could have gone ethir way but the Pop star did land a lot of very fast punches. Crazy quick striker, just had no power.

Dan Henderson did just as we all thought/hoped. I love how Bisping gave no respect to that hammer of a right hand by continually leaning right towards it. His eyes rolled back before he hit the mat.

GSP is just too good. I like Alves a lot and he was able to neutralize GSPs game more than most can say and he still came out beaten and bruised.

Lesnar is absolutely nuts but i thought it was a riot. None the less the man is a freak and will hold on to that belt for quite some time.

Back
Top Bottom