**OFFICIAL** "Wood" for Manning Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**OFFICIAL** "Wood" for Manning Thread

OMG!! Peyton in a fins uniform..

I remember that an idiot reporter asked him if he worried he was going to end up like Dan Marino...He responded by saying, "I could only HOPE that I end up like Dan!!"

Gotta love Peyton...

Originally posted by pats4life
Its nice to dream but there is no way in hell Manning comes to Miami, the colts can not let that happen, they would rid themselves of James and Harrison before Manning. If Manning left the Colts they might as well board up and head to L.A. plus I cant see how the Dolphins fit him under the cap. The NFLPA would never allow him to take less then market value in my opinion. I can see perhaps Garcia, Gannon, Couch, Warner someone like that, however I have been wrong before and I like to dream about the future as well. :)

Manning is a free agent and if Manning doesn't want to re-sign with the colts.....he won't....to tag him as a franchise player......they have to pay him 120% of his current salary...that would be a 26 million a year contract........

We are getting him....BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know the Bills fans won't stop mentioning his inability to win "big" games.

while we're at it let's grab Harrison as our other WR :) Manning, Chambers, Harrison, McMichael, Ricky.....that'd be a nice change to the offense.

26 Mill a year? Jeesh....now THAT would require quite a few renegotiated contracts!

Originally posted by Section126

Manning is a free agent and if Manning doesn't want to re-sign with the colts.....he won't....to tag him as a franchise player......they have to pay him 120% of his current salary...that would be a 26 million a year contract........

We are getting him....BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No you are wrong if they franchise him they have to pay him a yearly salary average of the top 5 Q.B.'s under contract which I would assume to be around 10-12 mil a year, expensive but not outragous for one of the best Q.B's playing today.

Ill work on the Peyton Manning in a Dolphin Uniform shortly..

I read up on his situation, there is a link to what I am saying, posted in another thread.......

As for the NFLPA, he could play here for 5 dollars an hour if he wanted too........this is not baseball.

Get used to it Pats4life....Yep, we WOULD have a better QB than you....

Originally posted by pats4life
No you are wrong if they franchise him they have to pay him a yearly salary average of the top 5 Q.B.'s under contract which I would assume to be around 10-12 mil a year, expensive but not outragous for one of the best Q.B's playing today.

Incorrect. When you franchise a player, you must pay the average of the Top 5 players at his position OR give him a 120% of the player's salary from the previous year, whichever is higher.

For the Colts, that means 120% of $15 million. I think that's $18 million.

You guys realize this is a serious pipe dream. We really could not afford the man even if we wanted to unless we jettisoned half the defense and even then we couldn't because jettisoning half the defense would mean a heck of a lot of signing bonus acceleration

Sure it is. This is just for FUN!!

Originally posted by tenndolfan
wood is not the word for that complete and utter BONER!! peyton manning hell yes!!!! wooo!!!:woot: :woot:

Uhh, excuse me, I think I accidently stepped into the wrong room.
Carry on with what you were doing gentelmen. I'll just show myself out here...:escape:

Originally posted by Section126
I read up on his situation, there is a link to what I am saying, posted in another thread.......

As for the NFLPA, he could play here for 5 dollars an hour if he wanted too........this is not baseball.

Get used to it Pats4life....Yep, we WOULD have a better QB than you....

I am not saying its not possible and yea the idea of manning playing for the Dolphins does not make me all warm inside :confused: but I cant see the Colts letting him go and unless they cannot afford the big signing bonus that he would command and then I believe they would trade him but can Miami afford him lets be honest I cant see how you guys can fit a 10-12 mil contact under your cap unless you were prepard to cut a lot of players and not bother to upgrade the Oline and the W.R postion and if those spots are not upgraded does it really matter who the Q.B is? But if you did get him you would have one of the best Q.B's in football but I would still take Brady thats just my opinion, I still have not seen Manning win a big game perhaps that will change but I doubt it, I see Denver ending the Colts season this weekend, just a little food for thought you might get manning but you would still have Wanny and well we know who the better coach is! :D In Belichick we trust;)

We won't get Peyton, but the Colts are going to have to make some room.

Back
Top Bottom