**OFFICIAL** "Wood" for Manning Thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**OFFICIAL** "Wood" for Manning Thread

Originally posted by Section126

I already said how......not manny teams have TWO 6 million dollar CB's...we will just have one...that is fine......

we can do ALL of the above......

You're just guessing aren't ya? Tell me how much are the fins over the cap next year? Do you even know? Show me nos. Don't tell me we'll cut this and that .

Originally posted by justafan
That is true. The difference is that Manning is still peaking and Drew was on his way down.

I got nothing but love for Drew, he did some great things with the Pats but you are right he is or was on the decline felt bad watching him get the snot beat out of him however I have no love for Manning and would look forward to beating his a$$ twice a year again. :D

Hank Goldberg: "If Wanny is Fired, he becomes Buffalo's top choice."

Anyone remember this Thread? Yeah , it's by Hank Golberg. I think he's as reliable as McGahee's agent saying MacGahee was ready to go at the start of the season.

maybe not

Originally posted by ckparrothead
You guys realize this is a serious pipe dream. We really could not afford the man even if we wanted to unless we jettisoned half the defense and even then we couldn't because jettisoning half the defense would mean a heck of a lot of signing bonus acceleration

a well structured long term contract, could conceivably give Manning a 20mil bonus spread over a multi yr contract. with roster bonuses due every so often and have him count maybe the league minimun against the cap this year and maybe next year. It can be done. It could be structured so that when SM's contract comes off, that's when his base salary start to jump up. It's doable

Hank Goldberg: "If Wanny is Fired, he becomes Buffalo's top choice."

Anyone remember this Thread? Yeah , it's by Hank Golberg. I think he's as reliable as McGahee's agent saying MacGahee was ready to go at the start of the season.

Wanny wasn't fired.......

Do you know who Hank is?

He is an authority down here.....if he says something will happen.....it will happen.

It is doable just like the previous poster said.

Re: maybe not

Originally posted by rhadaddy

a well structured long term contract, could conceivably give Manning a 20mil bonus spread over a multi yr contract. with roster bonuses due every so often and have him count maybe the league minimun against the cap this year and maybe next year. It can be done. It could be structured so that when SM's contract comes off, that's when his base salary start to jump up. It's doable
It is doable but you have other needs as well. Would you guys sacrifice the entire team to take Manning? I doubt it. Well, maybe Eli Manning.

Wanny wasn't fired.......

Do you know who Hank is?

He is an authority down here.....if he says something will happen.....it will happen.

It is doable just like the previous poster said.
Just so you know, Donoahoe hasn't even come up with a list yet. We just fired Williams. If you seriously believe that the bills had Wanny on the top of their list, I have a bridge to sell you.

BTW, how come Hank didn't know Wanny was gonna be retained? How come he didn't come out and say Ford was gonna be fired.

It was soooo stupid of him that Ralph Wilson was gonna hire a former fins. Hans't happened for as long as I can remmeber.

Re: Re: maybe not

It is doable but you have other needs as well. Would you guys sacrifice the entire team to take Manning? I doubt it. Well, maybe Eli Manning.

where 17mil over the cap for next year.
you cut BG, JF, Tim Bowens, Brock MarionRuddy, Mcknight, Derrius Thompson, restructure and extend Pat Surtain, restructure a Sam Madison, and give JT a one year extension, all of a sudden, we've gotten rid of our 17mil over but added plenty of cap space. And who did we get rid of??? umm aside from Timbo, no one. Despite popular belief you don't have to mortgage the farm for one player, especially since the cap allows you to stagger base salaries over the life of the contract.

justafan, I don't think you appreciate how much money we got invested in our defense........
I know you have 6 probowlers. It's not your D I'm worried about. It's our O that sucks. If the fins get Manning, I don't care. If my team can't overcome a great qb, then we don't deserve to go to the playoffs.

I know that most of your cap is on the D. An underachieving D. This is why if you let some guys go, you are breaking apart this D for the sake of hiring Manning? That wouldn't be such a bad idea if your coach was Parcells or Bellichick who will make the most of it.

Wanny needs talent because he can't outcoach anyone. Well Greg Williams which is why we got rid of him :D

Actually Hank said in week 3 that the dolphins were going to hire a GM.......he broke the Ford firing on espn....

Hank said that some buffalo people had put out feelers to see if wanny would be fired...because he was going to be on their short list...and like I said Tom Donohoe and Wanny are Life long friends.

Marion, Bowens, Ogunleye, Taylor, Seau, Thomas, Surtain, Madison, Knight........That would be 9 current or former pro bowlers..........

Re: Re: Re: maybe not

Originally posted by rhadaddy

where 17mil over the cap for next year.
you cut BG, JF, Tim Bowens, Brock MarionRuddy, Mcknight, Derrius Thompson, restructure and extend Pat Surtain, restructure a Sam Madison, and give JT a one year extension, all of a sudden, we've gotten rid of our 17mil over but added plenty of cap space. And who did we get rid of??? umm aside from Timbo, no one. Despite popular belief you don't have to mortgage the farm for one player, especially since the cap allows you to stagger base salaries over the life of the contract.
keep you OL? Who are you replace the wr's you just let go. Another scrub? By the time you free your cap you won't have any left to sign stud wr's if you get Manning.

Like I said, easier said then done. BTW, did any of those players you mentioned agre to getting pay cutts or restructure? NO! Until then Manning stays a colt. But hey you can dream.

Hank said that some buffalo people had put out feelers to see if wanny would be fired...because he was going to be on their short list...and like I said Tom Donohoe and Wanny are Life long friends.
The bridge is made of gold and about a mile long with 5 carat diamonds on the pavement. It's only $10,000 . I'll PM you where you can send the check. BTW it's in Hawaii.

Re: Re: Re: Re: maybe not

keep you OL? Who are you replace the wr's you just let go. Another scrub? By the time you free your cap you won't have any left to sign stud wr's if you get Manning.

Like I said, easier said then done. BTW, did any of those players you mentioned agre to getting pay cutts or restructure? NO! Until then Manning stays a colt. But hey you can dream.
But that is what we are doing, dreaming and you know sometimes dreams do come true.

Back
Top Bottom