**Official World Cup 2014 Thread**

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Kdawg954, Dec 12, 2013.

?

Who will win the 2014 World Cup?

Poll closed Jun 10, 2014.
  1. Brazil

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  2. Argentina

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  3. Germany

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  4. Spain

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  5. Uruguay

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. Colombia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. France

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Italy

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  9. England

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Netherlands

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. United States

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  12. Other (explain below)

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. dobrasz54

dobrasz54 Scout Team Finheaven VIP Donator

[video=youtube;LPp0teYYi70]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPp0teYYi70[/video]

Alen Shearer never got punished but he wants Suarez to be hammered with a fine and suspension.

Again if I came across as defending just Suarez that was not my intention. I'm defending the fact that the club shouldn't be punished for what he did in the world cup. But hey it is what it is. Everyone has their own thoughts and opinions.

2. Bumpus

Bumpus Are you gonna drink that? Administrator Finheaven VIP

[video=youtube_share;SEQZiElLp-E]http://youtu.be/SEQZiElLp-E[/video]

3. dobrasz54

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

4. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Paint on My Hands from Paintin the Pefect Picture Finheaven VIP Donator

I think FIFA was justified in banning him on the international level and the club level. If anything, I think Uruguay is being punished more harshly than Liverpool. There is no denying Suarez got such a harsh punishment primarily for the history of this type of behavior on the club level.

Honestly, I like the fact that Suarez is such a "crazy" competitor . . . but you can't go around biting the competition, you just can't and it's been 3 times already plus racial slur incidents. He's actually lucky they didn't ban him for life.

5. dobrasz54

The penalty was that way definitely because of prior incidents. I agree. I just don't like that Liverpool can't appeal but Uruguay can among a few other small tidbits. Like he can't participate in any football related events like going to watch games at Anfield but can be transeferred which is apparently not football related lol. Honestly if we sold Suarez for Sanchez and a decent sum I wouldn't be bothered as much really. Losing his talent may be a bit of a blow but you can't associate with the craziness anymore. Suarez is a world class talent but a fu**ing nutter. Do you keep him and roll the dice or do you sell him now while you can before he pulls another stunt like this.

6. GasPed

GasPed Well-Known Member

I have a feeling his value is at an all-time low right now. If you could wait til the end of the transfer window, things might change. I don't see how you can replace Suarez' on-field production with anyone, but Sanchez + Pedro are nice pieces that could help ease the pain.

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

Every time I see Sanchez I lol. :)

7. dobrasz54

Damn. I keep forgetting it does that to Alexis' name lol his value definitely his low. I mean coming from the 70-90 mil rumor. I guess you just have to keep him because letting him go for a low amount could come back and kill ya. It is all a very iffy situation.

8. Roman529

Roman529 Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

I have a major dilemma now...USA vs. BELGIUM....my mom is from Belgium and I went to school and lived in Brussels for a year. My Mom is now an American so I will have to see who she is rooting for. I will be happy with either team winning. I am kind of leaning towards Belgium as they are a small country and it would mean more to them.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2014
  9. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Paint on My Hands from Paintin the Pefect Picture Finheaven VIP Donator

Belgium down to 10 men with another 45 to go. . . I mean it looks like they will win the group with Algeria down 1-0, but if Algeria find a way to win 2-1 and Belgium loses 1-0 . . . Algeria wins the group and plays the U.S. first.

Just something to think about as we enter the final 2nd halves of the group stages.

10. phins_4_ever

phins_4_ever E12 FH Tailgate Gang Moderator Finheaven VIP

I don't care how you defend and who you defend. Defo didn't get suspended over biting because the ref mad a ruling. If you take your blinders off you would know that FIFA waited for the game report to come in first. If the ref sees it and makes a ruling on the field it stands and FIFA can't do diddly crap. Maybe Suarez should have given the ref some of his unearned money and asked him to put something in hos game report.

To be honest if I would be a fan of any team I would not want this guy on my team - period. But I guess you don't give a crap and for you winning is everything even if that means idolizing a habitual offender in the biting category.

Rooney's elbow wasn't nearly as bad as Suarez' bite. Everything you put forth were in-game fouls, most likely first offenses and appropriately punished. You are trying to make a case for someone who is biting and continues biting and does not learn his lesson. Keep supporting him.

11. greasyObnoxious

greasyObnoxious I love lamp Finheaven VIP Donator

Round of last 16

Brazil vs. Chile

Colombia vs. Uruguay

Holland vs. Mexico

Costa Rica vs. Greece

France vs. Nigeria

Germany vs. Algeria

Argentina vs. Switzerland

Belgium vs. USA

12. HarryBagpipe

HarryBagpipe Archibald Meatpants Super Donator Donator

The US Belgium match is the last one played which I'm fine with. Let altidore and the team rest up as much as they can. The krauts look to have the most favorable draw outside of brazil. Hard to see them lose until at least the semis.

13. GasPed

GasPed Well-Known Member

I don't think dobrasz is a fan of Suarez - he's just an LFC supporter who's frustrated because Suarez' antics in an unrelated tournament have made him unplayable and unmarketable for Liverpool.

I can't blame him - LFC supporters definitely deserve our pity. Probably our mocking as well. But not our anger - that would be like, oh, kicking a man after he's fallen down and given the ball away and the league trophy with it...

14. GasPed

GasPed Well-Known Member

I don't think France will be an easy out for the Germans. I would favor the Germans but France looked downright scary against Switzerland.

15. dobrasz54

Where am I defending him? I'm defending the fact that the club is getting screwed over. I have said countless times he deserves to be banned but the fact he is getting a harsher punishment for the club level isn't right to me. Defoe chomped down on the other player I don't care if that was handled by the ref, it deserved a suspension. Rooneys wasn't bad? I'll take a bite over an elbow to the head. As for idolizing a habitual offender, where does it say I idolized him? Simply making a point that these people all did things just as bad but got let off.

Maybe Suarez should have punted Chiellini in the face and would have gotten off because the ref made a ruling. As for appropriate punishment, only two of those offenses recieved punishments. So if this was Suarezs first time biting someone would you say he should get off? No. And again, I am making a case for the club but hey keep saying I am supporting him. I even made it clear I wasn't trying to support or defend him but rather the club.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2014
  16. dobrasz54

I am going to like this post despite that low blow.... lol Gerrard is the reason I became a Liverpool fan about ten years ago.

17. TheWalrus

TheWalrus 1/7/14 Finheaven VIP

I know they're young and will probably fall apart eventually under the pressure but the team that's looked the best to me so far is Colombia. Front to back, maintaining possession, set pieces, great passing... I haven't seen every team but no one has impressed me like Colombia. If they get into a quarterfinal match against Brazil it'll be the match of the whole tournament, imo.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2014
  18. greasyObnoxious

greasyObnoxious I love lamp Finheaven VIP Donator

France in the quarterfinal surely isn't as favorable as the winner of Costa Rica/Greece, no?

19. SkapePhin

SkapePhin Rump Shaker Finheaven VIP Donator

I'm thinking its going to be a Brazil/Germany V Netherlands/Argentina Final...

20. HarryBagpipe

True. Even though Costa Rica is a bit of a wildcard. No one would of ever believed they would of won that group. I just don't see Germany losing to France.

21. WestPhish

WestPhish Seasoned Veteran Donator

Just a little correction I see often, it's not Columbia, that's a district in the U.S.....it's Colombia, the country.:)

22. phins_4_ever

I do agree that France is the tougher matchup for Germany. But Costa Rica is no slouch. I saw them through the qualification and they actually should have won that. Costa Rica will surprise a lot of teams and fans. The talk prior to the World Cup was that maybe Belgium would be the cinderella team going deep but I think we could replace that with Costa Rica.

We are happy to have survived the group of death but what Costa Rica has done puts everything in perspective: beating Italy and Uruguay and sending England home winless. I don't even think anybody gave them a chance for a point.

23. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Owner of the Palace of Wisdom Finheaven VIP Donator

The thing I always maintained was that CONCOCAF would perform well because of how ****ty most of the areas in the region are. PLaying in places like Azteca, Saprissa, Honduras, Kingston, and Antigua prepare those teams for some of the rough conditions they'll face in the World Cup. Still, never thought we'd get 3 teams through.

I'm okay with the Belgium matchup even though they killed us in a friendly last year. Big differences as you have guys more integrated into the squad, guys in better form, and no Benteke. Still a tough matchup

James Rodriguez has made himself a lot of money. Yeah he just moved to AS Monaco, but they've run into money issues and are probably going to sell him and Falcao if a good offer comes.

24. TheWalrus

Well, maybe if the US and Russia would help them out...

25. HarryBagpipe

Ha! Was thinking of making some WWII reference in terms of France surrendering as soon as Germany blitzed the field but wasn't sure how well it would go over.

26. TheWalrus

Could have made a WWI reference instead. Problem with that is most people -- if they are even aware there was such a thing as WWI -- probably think it was a pilot for WWII that never aired.

By the way, here's a list of the teams remaining in the World Cup by goal differential.

[​IMG]

27. Kdawg954

Anybody else getting the feeling that Mexico may surprise the world today?

28. phins_4_ever

Would be nice but I don't see it.

29. dobrasz54

The Netherlands are just letting me down right now. Ochoa.... great again.

30. dobrasz54

Welp that game just turned rather quickly. Couldn't be happier. Lol

31. So Be

So Be A True Fan

WOW!!! Just some Absolutely Fabulous matches, with Fantastic Finishes, in the round of 16 so far. Has to change the minds of some that the lack of scoring is boring. I cannot recall a better World Cup.

32. Kdawg954

6 round of 16 matches, 6 group winners advance to the Quarterfinals. Hopefully that streak ends today.

33. phins_4_ever

I have a good feeling about the US chances. I think they are the best runner up team in the field.

34. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Owner of the Palace of Wisdom Finheaven VIP Donator

Fun fact... Manchester United had a chance to sign James Rodriguez when he was a teenager. They instead decided to sign Bebe

35. Kdawg954

36. fishfanmiami

fishfanmiami Have you seen junior's grades ? Moderator Finheaven VIP

37. dobrasz54

As soon as I saw that hat I lost it. Would loveeee to buy it. Can't find it anywhere though.

38. Buddy

Buddy Right Wing Nut Job Moderator Finheaven VIP

I am with you, please post if you ever find one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

39. dobrasz54

Will do. NFL shop has a stars and stripes sale going on with two shirts like the one below so maybe they add a hat soon.

thumb.jpg

40. Mike13

Mike13 I am a golden god

That's an awesome hat.