Offseason MLB rumors | Page 46 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offseason MLB rumors

Slappy8800 said:
apparently ESP is hyping a potential trade to come within 72 hours that will quote "shock the world"....anyone else see or hear this?

Nationals GM Jim Bowden was the one that said that. No one else is reporting it, so Bowden must just be drunk again from all the free booze in his mini bar in his hotel room.

So I'd take it as nothing but gossip.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Good for him, I'm glad it all worked out for the best!

Agreed. I don't care what team he plays for or who he is, no one deserves to be sick ever, especially at 22 years old.

Some Sox rumors:

-J.D. Drew deal is pretty much done, should be announced by Friday.

-Everything points to Lugo signing with the Sox on a 4 year deal for around 40 million

-Sox are the front runners to land Eric Gagne

Man last year it was the Dodgers taking all the ex-Red Sox, now it's the Red Sox taking all the ex-Dodgers. Not sure how I feel about Drew or Lugo, I'll have to wait and see how they play. But I am happy if the Sox land Gagne, eventhough he's a huge health risk it could work out for them big time.

Slappy8800 said:
apparently ESP is hyping a potential trade to come within 72 hours that will quote "shock the world"....anyone else see or hear this?

Billy Beane has been WAYYYYYYYYYYY to quiet the last 12 months...I could see the A's being involved somehow.

Per rotoworld/LA Times:

According to the Los Angeles Times, the Dodgers won't attempt to keep Eric Gagne after re-signing Takashi Saito on Tuesday.

The Times goes on to say that Gagne is close to an agreement with an undisclosed team for a one-year deal worth about $5 million. It could be the Red Sox, but Cleveland, Texas and Toronto are also believed to be options. Although there are teams willing to offer two years, Gagne reportedly wants just a one-year deal, allowing him to go back into free agency and really cash in next year.

One year for 5 million isn't a bad risk I guess. Hopefully the team is Boston. I always loved Gagne and still think he has something left in his tank. I just hope they have an option year for him or something. But by next year Hansen could be ready so maybe it's not such a bad thing.

Sox are also close to signing Lugo as well. Between Drew, Gagne, Lugo, and Matsuzaka the team is certainly going to be in the 140 million dollar range next year especially if they don't trade Manny. They have a ton of money coming off the books after 2007 season so maybe they're willing to spend high this year.

unifiedtheory said:
Billy Beane has been WAYYYYYYYYYYY to quiet the last 12 months...I could see the A's being involved somehow.

The Yankees have been even quieter which scares me a little. I wouldn't be shocked if they ended up signing Zito for various reasons.

DonShula84 said:
Any chance of this happening? Seems like we'd have to give up more than that wouldnt we? If we could add a bat without losing young pitching I'm all for that!

Tracy would be a good fit imo (lefty bat too)but I'd like to have one Lefty starter on our team.....unless we're getting Zito.:D

Angels | Talking with Arizona about Tracy?
Tue, 5 Dec 2006 07:58:30 -0800
Mike Scarr, of Angels.MLB.com, reports the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim are reportedly talking with the Arizona Diamondbacks about the availability of 3B Chad Tracy. Rumored to be headed to Arizona is SP Joe Saunders.

Ray Finkle said:
Per rotoworld/LA Times:

According to the Los Angeles Times, the Dodgers won't attempt to keep Eric Gagne after re-signing Takashi Saito on Tuesday.

The Times goes on to say that Gagne is close to an agreement with an undisclosed team for a one-year deal worth about $5 million. It could be the Red Sox, but Cleveland, Texas and Toronto are also believed to be options. Although there are teams willing to offer two years, Gagne reportedly wants just a one-year deal, allowing him to go back into free agency and really cash in next year.

One year for 5 million isn't a bad risk I guess. Hopefully the team is Boston. I always loved Gagne and still think he has something left in his tank. I just hope they have an option year for him or something. But by next year Hansen could be ready so maybe it's not such a bad thing.

Sox are also close to signing Lugo as well. Between Drew, Gagne, Lugo, and Matsuzaka the team is certainly going to be in the 140 million dollar range next year especially if they don't trade Manny. They have a ton of money coming off the books after 2007 season so maybe they're willing to spend high this year.

Told you he'd sign for one year...I wonder if the Marlins are breaking the piggy bank for him...man, that'd be nice.

RWhitney014 said:
Told you he'd sign for one year...I wonder if the Marlins are breaking the piggy bank for him...man, that'd be nice.

Yeah you were right, but I still think it's a bad move on his part.

Julio Lugo to the Red Sox for $36 million....plus J.D. Drew for 70 Million :sidelol:

Lotsa GM's flushing cash down the toilet.

Roman529 said:
Julio Lugo to the Red Sox for $36 million....plus J.D. Drew for 70 Million :sidelol:

70 million......DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN. And Johnny Damon one of the hearts of the team wasn't worth 48 LMAO!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
70 million......DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN. And Johnny Damon one of the hearts of the team wasn't worth 48 LMAO!

Yup, can't argue that one. I'm waiting for Damon to break his silence on this move.

Roman529 said:

$36 million for Julio Lugo is OVERBOARD, funny thing is, the Mets offered even more money for him. But, he didn't want to play second base. :lol:

Stupid Red Sox.

Back
Top Bottom