Offseason Priorities | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offseason Priorities

Dolphins17-0

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I would be interested to see how people rank the dolphins priorities in the offseason and the best, most realistic way to go about addressing them:

My list:
1. O-line: Resign nails (better next season with ACL fully healed), sign John Tait, Draft Vernon Carey (or wait on a jacob rogers, michael munoz type)

2. WR: Sign Isaac Bruce or northcutt (bonus of kick returns and could take over the role mcknight played with our few trick/speed plays), Draft one of the plethora of good young receivers (woods, evans, clayton etc...)

3. QB: Keeping peyton out of this i think we draft one (maybe rivers if he is on the board at 20) or maybe wait til later rounds and go with one of the second tier guys. Either way i say we bring in Brunell for a year or two if the big ticket item isnt there for us (either FA or Draft)

4. DE only if ogun is gone: Not many options here, not too many late round draft picks that could help a little(Kalen Thornton maybe?), and no free agents we would waste our little bit of money on. If he leaves i expect it to be rotating DEs and hope they can do just enough to compliment taylor.

5. S - marion or freeman, take your pick. Can't waste a high draft pick on defense with our WR/OL/QB needs (maybe Dexter Reid in a later round) and i dont see a FA signing.

6. CB: Not many options out there in the draft, and i am really not high on the projected first rounders at this position. This is clearly not an immediate need, but we are not getting any younger there, and it would be nice to do that maybe in the later rounds or if we could restructure enough contracts to make a splash with one of the MANY top, young free agent corners out there.

Of the foursome of Perry, Wade, Ruddy and Nails, I would like to see Nails back as well, but wonder if he is really pissed on being blamed or that was BS. I find it hard to believe we can build a winning team w/4 new OLmen as bad as they were when the 1 keeper is a rookie. For that reason we need to re-sign Nails or re-neg. Perry.

Isaac Bruce is a little better than DT ;) :up:

I totally agree on Brunnell, but still am not sure he will is worth what he gets paid currently and would take a reasonable pay cut. Brunnell w/be the best fit for 2004 if we draft a QB of the future, but we betta bring in a #2 who can play or we are likely to have a repeat of 2002.

I think we are OK at DE w/o OGun (though not sure he will go for a #1 and #3). We still have D Bo, J Will, Grisby, that PS guy we signed fron Jax and any picks. We need to move money from D to O somewhere....

Marion or Freeman - whomever will play for near the min. - mostly likely Freeman - I expect us to lose both if we cut Brock

CB - if we keep Sam, we just need to bring back T Buck, bring back T Buck, bring back T Buck, please bring back T Buck

Yes i agree Nails should come back, and wade smith will be our best lineman in our team, even though its his second year next year i think he will step up and be the leader of that offensive line.. not ruddy or perry cause they will be gone..it will be wade smith as a captain on the offensive line..lol

my biggest concern on the OL since I want us to a add a great OL men or two is if any of McKinney, Yates, Jerman or Whitley can play next year, particularly can McKinney start at C ?? If he cannot, then C s/b our #1 priority - look at how Mawae has solidified the Jets line compared to how bad it w/b.

Originally posted by SurtainRulz23
Dolphan39...

Mawae is FA... Would you sign him?
:yes: if we can afford him. But not for that many years since he is no longer that dominant

I'm sure Zach would be happy if we got him so he wouldnt get kicked around so much lol

Back
Top Bottom