OG Offer Pulled? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OG Offer Pulled?

xiidaen

FinHeaven.com Evangelist
Reaction score
Per Profootballtalk.com:

"A league source tells us that the Miami Dolphins have yanked their one-year, $530,000 contract offer to receiver Oronde Gadsden
The move leaves the veteran receiver with (um, let's see) zero prospects for 2003.
Gadsden previously flirted with the Vikings and the Patriots as he waited for someone/anyone to offer him something/anything close to the multi-year package he rejected from Miami in September, which included a $750,000 signing bonus."

More on the site...

If this is true, I think some people here will be happy, but I don't think I'm one of them: I liked the idea of having him in to compete and for depth.

Well thats all well and good but remember that PFT.com is purely rumors. Until I hear it from another site....its still just a rumor. :D

Well if its true I'm happy for one reason and thats because its done no more screwing around waitting for him to come back or not. I kinda wish he had come back for the minimum, but at least the chapter is closed and were moving on(if its true)Hopefully the younger wr's see this as a very good oppurtunity and step it up to the NFL level.

I wasn't too crazy about him coming back but it wouln't have been the worst thing either. I just want the thing done and over with one way or the other so we can move on as a team.

Ozzy rules!!

Good point about the site being rumor focused. I have to wonder if this is actually a shot at back channel conversation to tell him 'sign now or else' --

Course, if Baker is hurt (again) then I still want OG in the fold...

If it is true...

boy someone should get in this guy's head...

or he is going to wind up like Leslie Shephard.

I hope it's true. He obviously didn't really want to be here. We're gearing up for a Super Bowl run - hopefully - and we don't need anybody on the team that doesn't want to be here. Buh-bye.

PFT is usually pretty good...But didnt Wanny say that the offer was open?

THIS MADE MY(AS WELL AS A FEW OTHERS) F'IN WEEK!!!

:hail: :hail: :hail:

Nothing's true until we see it on another "fact" site. I agree that PFT is right MUCH of the time but that usually means about 75% leaving a large margin for error.

If it's true I'll be glad that this whole thing is over, glad because I really don't think OG could have helped this team all that much, and glad because I really want to see Tolver make the team. I'll also be a bit bummed becauase I've always liked OG and will just be sad that he screwed himself out of the NFL (for now at least.)

Re: If it is true...

Originally posted by xiidaen
Course, if Baker is hurt (again) then I still want OG in the fold...

And why is that? Tolver is the current no.4 guy and we may not even keep 5(though I want to keep 5)..

I can almost guarantee that 5 will be kept although one will be inactive for most of the season.

Originally posted by Expo88
Nothing's true until we see it on another "fact" site. I agree that PFT is right MUCH of the time but that usually means about 75% leaving a large margin for error.

If it's true I'll be glad that this whole thing is over, glad because I really don't think OG could have helped this team all that much, and glad because I really want to see Tolver make the team. I'll also be a bit bummed becauase I've always liked OG and will just be sad that he screwed himself out of the NFL (for now at least.)

Well it looks to me that OG wanted a paycheck more than a championship and its looking like he will get neither.

I have always liked OG. It is just an unfortunate situation he(his agent) got himself into. If he doesn't sign with us, I hope something else works out for him.

I was heartened by this news especially upon reading that report that we might not even keep 5 WRs because of Charlie Rogers. Robert Ford even sounded a little shaky about getting 5 WRs this time.

Apparently R-Mac's role will be getting even bigger, so this means 5 WRs could be a luxury. They said when we've got 4 WRs on the field, one of them will be R-Mac.

I think we'll keep 5, but I'm glad that the 5 will be CC, DT, JM, JRT, and Baker or Newson.

Back
Top Bottom