Ogun trades and the cap | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ogun trades and the cap

Butterfrog 2.0

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I was just wondering what yall would most like to see Miami get in a trade for Ogun. Also was wondering if anyone knew what our cap situation looks like for next year and if it looks like we might lose anyone important.......(Chris Chambers)? I worry about signing Ogun as much as I like him because I don't wanna lose Chambers next year, or Ricky the year after that, But also couldn't we do the same things to them that we're doing to Ogun right now...... slap some kind of franchise player tag or whatever on them???

We have 2 important starters contract that r up and they r Knight and Chambers. I dont think we can efford to sign them both. But Chambers is more important to us then Knight is so we will resign Chambers first then try to resign Knight. As for ogun i say we just trade him for a 1 round pick.

We are fine with the cap. The team is also looking into redoing Surtain´s contract which if done will clear enough cap space to sign Ogun and Chris Chambers this year. The Ogun has to be managed very wisely because you still have R. Williams to deal next year and Randy Mcmike also next year , but overall we are fine

Williams contract is up after the 2006 season and we will not let him go. Next offseason we will prob give an extension to Surtain.

Sammy Knight, unless he has 8 INT's and a probowl selection, will not be extremely hard to resign. We signed him off a good year for 2 years, around 1.6 million, give or take. We don't have to worry about him costing more then a million per year.

outlawd2u said:
slap some kind of franchise player tag or whatever on them???
You would end up paying Chambers a whole lot more that way.....at least for that year.

PhinDude88 said:
Williams contract is up after the 2006 season and we will not let him go.
I may take a beating for this but I don't know how much of a necessity it wil be to sign Ricky at that time. I certainly wouldn't give him a big contract. He will be a 30 year old FA(RB generally start a decline at about 30) and his style of running is not good for a long career.

If it came down to it and it was either sign O-Gun and let CC go or vice versa...pack your bags O-Gun. IMO CC is far more valuable to this team. Our Def. is one of the best in the league and while losing O-Gun would be a decent hit to our D, losing CC would be a massive blow to our offense, far greater than that of losing O-Gun. I say we should put O-Gun out there on the market
(for real) and see what we can get for him.

Back
Top Bottom