OK I'm officially on the Jason allen gets cut bandwagon

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by FORMER FIN1, Nov 23, 2008.

1. FORMER FIN1

FORMER FIN1 Starter

I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt but my god this dude is horrible. Three touchdowns and it didn't matter whether it was all-world Randy Moss or All-statue Jabbar Gafney. Dude couldn't guard a statue.

BS star call for Randy Moss. What the hell was the ref seeing?

2. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

3. phinatic0083

phinatic0083 Scout Team

lol he wasnt even on all those TDs probably just 1. blame goodman in fact he only covered moss because goodman got hurt....

4. jtsacksyou

jtsacksyou A True Fan

Allen had good coverage.. we just saw some good catches from moss. idk wtf Allen was doing on those Gaffney in's. Those were making me mad.

5. WVDolphan

WVDolphan A True Fan

Allen made one solid play knocking that ball out of Moss' hands that turned into that big INT. However he did get toasted pretty much all day.

And that PI call you guys wanted was just a great play by Moss to score the TD on Goodman.

6. FORMER FIN1

FORMER FIN1 Starter

I don't know what the hell you were watching but the receptions were directly related to who was being guarded by Jason Allen. Gafney can't catch a ball with no coverage but he was looking all world today against mr. 5 yard gap Allen. You could not hide him on the field. Terrible.

7. giz

giz Rookie

True he did get burned but he was playing moss and the d line was giving no pressure to cassell. i actually think he played quite well especially with the pick.

8. FORMER FIN1

FORMER FIN1 Starter

Thank you. Someone with a brain on the site today. Nublar I don't know what the hell you were watching.

9. Dors156

Dors156 He's Backkkkk

Allen was good. Moss should not be single covered. Remember, he did force that INT which was a game changer. If that never happened, it would be a repeat of last years game.

10. FORMER FIN1

FORMER FIN1 Starter

he was playing Gafney when Gafney was making alll the receptions, they switched him to Moss and you saw the result. You're kidding me right?

11. CalDolFan10x14

CalDolFan10x14 Your QB for the next 10 years. Finheaven VIP Donator

How many of these silly threads are we gonna have today??? 1....2...3.......

12. BandarBush

BandarBush Scout Team

As far as teh 5-yd gap goes, that's usually the coaching staff's call. It shows a sign of weakness, if you ask me. you are screaming at the opposing team that your corner doesn't have the speed or hands to hang with your all-pro receivers. Bad game plan. In retrospect, he should have played tight and got help over the top (its not like the safetys stopped anything anyway).

13. FORMER FIN1

FORMER FIN1 Starter

Evidently Gafney shouldn't have been single covered either. he had a season high today against Allen.

14. FORMER FIN1

FORMER FIN1 Starter

He should not have played at all. Cassell scrambled right and gafney had at least five yards. Moss's First or second TD Jason completely whiffed and left Hill to try and make the tackle. I could o on and on. I honestly don't know what game you guys were watching.:rolleyes:

15. PJack

PJack A True Fan

Allen obviously didn't have a good game, but you'll have to tell me what part of the secondary did. Only pressure we ever got on Cassell was with corner blitzes when we brought a lot today...which of course left an already poor secondary with one less guy to defend. I've seen a bunch of NE games this year and it's very rare Moss is ever left with single coverage. Not sure what our coaching staff was thinking as I saw Moss one on one a lot.

We just don't have the overall talent yet...but it's far from just Allen's fault.

16. FORMER FIN1

FORMER FIN1 Starter

He sucks and in my opinion was responsible more than anyone else for the loss today. The coaching staff moved him around the field and they could not hide him.

17. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Da Dalphins

lmao. wow people are seriously going to defense allen after a game like that? ive seen it all now

pathetic

18. gota

gota Rookie

You've got an opponent with a good set of receivers and you don't pressure the quarterback and you STILL expect the subpar secondary to make all the stops? The secondary as a whole struggled from the first snap. It starts on the line. Period.

19. ashraf-23

ashraf-23 Well-Known Member

he was covering randy moss 1-1 like the whole game give him a break. And on the INT Hill had Allen made it happen by hitting the ball out of Moss's hands, but u probably wouldnt know that. He doesn't even have much expeirence at CB this is like what his 3rd week at CB?

20. NorFlaFin

NorFlaFin PowerHungryMo'fo

Moss is on another planet

21. FORMER FIN1

FORMER FIN1 Starter

Obviously with a 400 yard passing game from Cassell the secondary did not have a good day that's pretty obvious, almost as obvios as the #32 jersey being in all of the TD plays for New England.:rolleyes2:

22. WVDolphan

WVDolphan A True Fan

Exactly. And these people blaming the coaching staff are LOST!!!!

For those who suggested he shouldnt play 5 yards off.....why? So he could get completely toasted all day even worse? If he gets up on the receiver tight, he is going to get beat deep. And since we were forced to start sending Corners, safeties, and LB's, mixing up blitzes pretty much the whole game starting around midway through the 2nd qtr, you almost cant just put him right up on the line against the receiver.

For those who didnt want to blitz profusely....why? Cassel had shown that if we didnt blitz he was going to sit back and kill us all day. He did it the whole 1st qtr and most of the 2nd. We couldnt generate ANY pressure without blitzing and it didnt matter what coverage we had, he was going to sit back and find the open man and beat us all day long. So we were FORCED to gamble and start sending different guys all day. We had to try and force him to make quick decisions and hope he would make a mistake. But, he didnt. He killed us all day.

Our secondary was complete garbage and they were EXPOSED by the fact that we couldnt generate ANY pressure at all without mixing up blitzes and sending different guys from everywhere. Then even when we blitzed, guys couldnt maintain coverage for more than 2 seconds.

Bottom line is we couldnt get pressure out of our base D and our secondary got toasted all day long. The New England receivers had a field day because we dont have anyone aside from W.Allen that can really cover anyone. J.Allen is a major handicap out there and those of you who dont realize it are just lost.

23. SpaceMountain16

SpaceMountain16 Disgruntled Donator

Allen is mediocre at best, clearly never going to live up the position he was selected at in the draft. I really don't care what they do with him, i just want to see a complete overhaul in this secondary next year. We cannot compete with ANY team who has talent at WR, especially when we cant pressure the QB.

24. FORMER FIN1

FORMER FIN1 Starter

Nice defense my brotha. I don't know what the hell these other Allen Lovers were watching.

25. FORMER FIN1

FORMER FIN1 Starter

HE WAS NOT COVING MOSS THE WHOLE GAME. That statement alone proves to me either you didn't watch the game or you're some kind of Tennessee Vols fan. You give us all a break. ALLEN SUCKS and I hope he's cut. The Colts brought someone off the street two weeks ago that provided better coverage than Allen today. Gafney had 88 yards against Allen, did you miss that?

26. MrEd

MrEd A True Fan

R U 4 real???? Dude actually IMPRESSED me after this game and gave me thoughts of next season's starter opposite Will. WTF r u talking about???? Wow! U really need to watch the games.

27. FORMER FIN1

FORMER FIN1 Starter

Just watch the NE highlights and if you can still admit your statement, Ill let the Providence Home know where they can pick you up.

28. sharp

sharp Scout Team

Allen is decent but for no reason should he be matched up 1v1 vs moss with no safety help. They didnt start him or even play him half of the season so far and all of sudden u match him up against one of the best wr in nfl history??? dumb stuff. I understand the quicker man in Will Allen should line up against welker but atleast help or double Moss... Jason was the reason for one of our turnovers today and while he should not be praised he did a decent job, he will improve.

29. WVDolphan

WVDolphan A True Fan

Jason Allen made like one good play all day. Again, he is a great athlete and has shown he can make a nice play here and there.

But, his coverage skills are flat out terrible. He was TOASTED all day long no matter where we tried to hide him. Anyone who didnt realize that is either.....

A) Clueless
    B) Didnt watch the game
    or C) A total J.Allen homer

30. FORMER FIN1

FORMER FIN1 Starter

Too funny. This must feel like how the early christians felt about educating the masses of dumb@sses.

31. amir7

amir7 Seasoned Veteran

Allen obviously didnt play well today, but its not his fault we lost. he was forced to play single coverage with maybe the most physically gifted receiver in nfl history, in his 4th week playing the position what did you expect?

And on top of that, the front 7 got ZERO pressure on Cassell, and in the rare ocassion that they got to him, they made him look like Barry Sanders. IMO, this solidified my the fact that our #1 priority going into the off-season is getting another pass rusher other than Joey.

32. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Da Dalphins

the worst part about him today(we all knew he was terrible in coverage already), is his inability to tackle today. hes never been fundamentally sound tackling, but at least he threw his body around. he was so damn soft today to.

33. PB Fin Fan

PB Fin Fan Scout Team

Amen, he was horrible, but then again the rest of the secondary sucked, no presure on the qb exposed our weak secondary, just like the cardinals and the ravens, and the jets.

34. FORMER FIN1

FORMER FIN1 Starter

Why do you say that he was forced to guard Moss single coverage today? he was moved to Moss after Gafney had toasted him for 88 yards and six receptions.........The staff was trying to move him around to hide him but could not. You notice the last Moss TD Allen was NOT guarding him? cassell was knocked around pretty good today and was visibly limping, they even brought the stat of being sacked once, knocked down five times and hurried eight times in the second quarter? I swear there must have been a different game on than the one I watched.:rolleyes: