OK I'm officially on the Jason allen gets cut bandwagon | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OK I'm officially on the Jason allen gets cut bandwagon

FORMER FIN1

Starter
Reaction score
I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt but my god this dude is horrible. Three touchdowns and it didn't matter whether it was all-world Randy Moss or All-statue Jabbar Gafney. Dude couldn't guard a statue.

BS star call for Randy Moss. What the hell was the ref seeing?

lol he wasnt even on all those TDs probably just 1. blame goodman in fact he only covered moss because goodman got hurt....

Allen had good coverage.. we just saw some good catches from moss. idk wtf Allen was doing on those Gaffney in's. Those were making me mad.

Allen made one solid play knocking that ball out of Moss' hands that turned into that big INT. However he did get toasted pretty much all day.

And that PI call you guys wanted was just a great play by Moss to score the TD on Goodman.

Allen had good coverage.. we just saw some good catches from moss. idk wtf Allen was doing on those Gaffney in's. Those were making me mad.

I don't know what the hell you were watching but the receptions were directly related to who was being guarded by Jason Allen. Gafney can't catch a ball with no coverage but he was looking all world today against mr. 5 yard gap Allen. You could not hide him on the field. Terrible.

True he did get burned but he was playing moss and the d line was giving no pressure to cassell. i actually think he played quite well especially with the pick.

Allen made one solid play knocking that ball out of Moss' hands that turned into that big INT. However he did get toasted pretty much all day.

And that PI call you guys wanted was just a great play by Moss to score the TD on Goodman.

Thank you. Someone with a brain on the site today. Nublar I don't know what the hell you were watching.

Allen was good. Moss should not be single covered. Remember, he did force that INT which was a game changer. If that never happened, it would be a repeat of last years game.

True he did get burned but he was playing moss and the d line was giving no pressure to cassell. i actually think he played quite well especially with the pick.

he was playing Gafney when Gafney was making alll the receptions, they switched him to Moss and you saw the result. You're kidding me right?

I don't know what the hell you were watching but the receptions were directly related to who was being guarded by Jason Allen. Gafney can't catch a ball with no coverage but he was looking all world today against mr. 5 yard gap Allen. You could not hide him on the field. Terrible.

As far as teh 5-yd gap goes, that's usually the coaching staff's call. It shows a sign of weakness, if you ask me. you are screaming at the opposing team that your corner doesn't have the speed or hands to hang with your all-pro receivers. Bad game plan. In retrospect, he should have played tight and got help over the top (its not like the safetys stopped anything anyway).

Allen was good. Moss should not be single covered. Remember, he did force that INT which was a game changer. If that never happened, it would be a repeat of last years game.

Evidently Gafney shouldn't have been single covered either. he had a season high today against Allen.

As far as teh 5-yd gap goes, that's usually the coaching staff's call. It shows a sign of weakness, if you ask me. you are screaming at the opposing team that your corner doesn't have the speed or hands to hang with your all-pro receivers. Bad game plan. In retrospect, he should have played tight and got help over the top (its not like the safetys stopped anything anyway).

He should not have played at all. Cassell scrambled right and gafney had at least five yards. Moss's First or second TD Jason completely whiffed and left Hill to try and make the tackle. I could o on and on. I honestly don't know what game you guys were watching.:rolleyes:

Allen obviously didn't have a good game, but you'll have to tell me what part of the secondary did. Only pressure we ever got on Cassell was with corner blitzes when we brought a lot today...which of course left an already poor secondary with one less guy to defend. I've seen a bunch of NE games this year and it's very rare Moss is ever left with single coverage. Not sure what our coaching staff was thinking as I saw Moss one on one a lot.

We just don't have the overall talent yet...but it's far from just Allen's fault.

Back
Top Bottom