Ok ok, Ryan Swope Ryan Swope Ryan Swope.......

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by joeharley666, Apr 27, 2013.

Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
  1. joeharley666

joeharley666 A True Fan

That's all I'm reading on this board for weeks. Looking at this stats myself and listening to all the "TV" draft gurus, Swope is not even in the conversation of being drafted before the 5th or 6th round.

Being that we have so many other needs first before WR(we did address it in FA) why are so many people dying to get this guy before the 4th round???? Just because he has history with Tanny doesn't mean it will transition to the NFL, right? And aren't there more talented WR's to be had before him???

listen, I'm not against picking the guy but aren't there better WR's left? And don't we still have a few more pressing needs at this point? Be honest, if we do address WR, wouldn't we want to go after a speedster to groom behind Wallace????

would love to hear from the posters who seem to know more than Ireland and all the other draft pro's who get paid to do this for a living. Not knocking anyone here but since so many here know that Jeff has already screwed up the draft before these players have actually played, I would seriously like to have these questions answered. Everything I have read about this guy Swope, we shouldn't even be looking at him until like the 6th round.

Thanks for the time.

2. ITS!MATEO

ITS!MATEO A True Fan

Swope and Patton are the best available, IMO.

3. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

Dion Sims might help RT too.

4. Rell84

Rell84 New Member

Dolphins must take Patton he will be a great slot wr

5. WVDolphan

WVDolphan A True Fan

Sorry Im just not all excited about Swope.

I see Swope's celing as a solid role player. We already have a handful of decent WRs. We needed another STUD at WR, you know....... like Stedman Bailey. At this point Swope is a wasted pick as we have other areas we could use solid role players where we need depth or borderline starters.

You also have to consider Swope's head injuries. Could he actually last as a 2 catch per game role player who makes the occasional big gainer down the middle?

We need depth and role players at cornfed, TE, DB still, RB, and LB. We could also use some special teamers. This is what we need to find with the rest of our draft. We also need a K and there are 2 studs out there. Take one of them and find some quality depth at those other spots. Take several cornfed and hope to find a gem that could blossom into a solid starter.

6. 42z3ro

42z3ro Rookie

No thank you on swope. Thats a wasted pick imo. i really dont see how swope is an upgrade over bess. We might as well keep bess and use the pick on someone else.

7. broccoli rob

broccoli rob proud of your boy

I enjoy your posts but the fact that you have Nick Saban as your av makes you lose a lot of credibility.

8. ITS!MATEO

ITS!MATEO A True Fan

I think you all are forgetting the Tannehill-Swope connection they had in college. Really good duo.

The FO may want to continue that.

9. Phins117

Phins117 A True Fan

THIS! Unless it is patton, I don't think we should even bother with swope and all his concussions. I would love to get lattimore. Something about that kid just tells me he is not finished yet. But yea I am sure there are better WR out there than Swope.

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

Well I guess I shouldn't have to post either since I have brandon marshall on my sig huh. Thats ridiculous.

10. broccoli rob

broccoli rob proud of your boy

You are going to compare Brandon Marshall to Nick Saban and what he did to the Dolphins? THAT is ridiculous.

I never said WVDolphan shouldn't post...I think hes very knowledgeable and I said I ENJOY his post. Having Nick Saban as your av is just a little trolly, thats all.

11. finomenal

finomenal A True Fan

I'm with you 100%. I cursed at the TV with every WR of consequence dropping off the board one by one. Dobson, Wheatley, Bailey, Allen, etc...what the hell is Ireland thinking? Are they that confident in Rishard Matthews?

12. ITS!MATEO

ITS!MATEO A True Fan

Rishard Matthews showed up to play last year when he had the chances... What is the problem with him on this board? lol

Everybody seems to overlook the guy. He'll be real good in this offense.

13. finomenal

finomenal A True Fan

So that's it? He showed potential so don't bother bringing in competition? That's ridiculous. Plenty young WRs have shown potential here in the past. Where are they now? Cut. It's as if some fans have no perspective whatsoever.

14. ITS!MATEO

ITS!MATEO A True Fan

You don't overdraft just because it makes your fans feel better. We have 5 good YOUNG guys right now on the roster. We only need one more and we're done with the position completely. Why are you worried?

15. HarryBagpipe

HarryBagpipe Archibald Meatpants Super Donator Donator

Link

16. finomenal

finomenal A True Fan

Who are you counting as the 5th WR?

17. WVDolphan

WVDolphan A True Fan

Dont get me wrong. I have no issues with Matthews and in fact I think he could develope into a pretty solid player. I just feel like Bailey is going to be a stud in this league and I think we missed the boat by not drafting him.

18. ITS!MATEO

ITS!MATEO A True Fan

Link to what? The players already signed on our roster?

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

Wallace, Hartline, Gibson, Matthews, Binns

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

You can add Fuller and Tyms to the developmental guys with talent if you like..

19. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

I'm with WV on Bailey. I was stunned that he dropped as far as he did, and disappointed that we traded down instead of grabbing him. Even for casual college ball fans like me, all you have to do is watch the high or lowlight reels of the Mountaineers to see that Bailey was 50% of the reason why Geno Smith was a top QB prospect... and Tavon Austin the other 50% :lol:

20. ITS!MATEO

ITS!MATEO A True Fan

I won't lie.. I was kind of expecting Bailey to be our pick and was shocked they traded the opportunity to get him...

21. WVDolphan

WVDolphan A True Fan

Exactly. I think we can all agree that Genos Myth blows and will be a HUGE BUST, especially since the Jests took him.

Stedman Bailey.......

Excellent hands, excellent footwork, excellent seperation skills, excellent ball skills when its in the air, excellent awareness of the boundries, excellent in the red zone.

Knock his speed if you want, but everyone knows you dont have to be a blazer to get open or to even get open deep. Bailey toasted plenty of quality DBs in his career. Just notice how Hartline gets open deep plenty. If you can run great routes and set guys up you can get open deep, especially if Wallace is doubled and teams are trying to go one on one against you with their lesser DBs.

Bailey also has open field skills that were overshadowed by the Austin hype. Bailey can and will make guys miss in the open field. He is a strong kid despite his size and an all around great receiver. Knock his height and speed all you want. He is Steve Smith 2.0.

Just "put the tape on" and you will see plenty of throws he makes excellent adjustments to in order to make the play and have Genos Myth looking good. The kid is a player. 25 TDs says a lot. While Austin will make more jaw dropping plays with his burst and open field ability, its Bailey who is the more quality overall WR.

22. SMadison29

SMadison29 What Sherman aspires to be

Everyone who mentions us drafting Swope should get an automatic one month ban for spamming our board.

23. finomenal

finomenal A True Fan

Binns. :lol:

Okay nevermind.

24. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

Miami needs more weapons on offense. Hopefully Rishard Matthews gets more reps this season. Maybe Miami can land Patton today.

25. ITS!MATEO

ITS!MATEO A True Fan

Lol... Laugh all you want, but he is a young guy with some experience in this league already (He's only 23). Could turn into something.

I think one more guy would finish this receiver group.

26. mrbunglez

mrbunglez Reading Is Fundamental Donator

You don't want Swope cause he's had concussions but you'll take Lattimore a RB who had 2 career threatening injuries to his left knee, and right knee ACL,PCL, and LCL. Yeah that makes perfect sense.

27. kvado16

kvado16 A True Fan

Bang bang !

28. JRoX85

JRoX85 Well-Known Member

29. MiamiDolphin618

MiamiDolphin618 A True Fan

I wouldn't be mad if we took Swope..but Patton is better. And honestly I don't think they are targeting either one anyways. Swope got way overrated here because he ran a 4.34 or whatever. He's not nearly that fast on tape...hes a solid player though...but with some serious concussion question marks. Patton is a far superior receiver and there are far better players than Swope on the board right now.

30. BigCityCat

BigCityCat Scout Team

We should pick up Swope as undrafted free agent just to shut everybody up.

31. SQuinn17

SQuinn17 League Dominator

Didn't Bailey lead the NCAA in TD grabs last season? From a team that doesn't score TD's why the eff would we not take a guy who can bring that to the table?

32. fakespike

fakespike Starter

Well does he like corn?

33. LandShark13

LandShark13 A True Fan

you don't see how swope would be an upgrade? Really?

[table="width: 80%, align: center"]

Player
    Height
    Weight
    40 Yrd Dash

Swope
    6'0"

Bess
    5'10"
    [/table]