Okoye news | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Okoye news

Jssanto

Club Member
Reaction score
this guy had some early publicity. I have heard nothing lately. Anyone?
Same for Rasheed Scott. Was great then a foot injury and nothing.
Cut? PS?

this guy had some early publicity. I have heard nothing lately. Anyone?
Same for Rasheed Scott. Was great then a foot injury and nothing.
Cut? PS?

Okoye will be released within the next few days and RaShawn Scott will either be placed on IR or waived with an injury settlement. I think they like Scott as a 6th receiver option, but are finding that there are comparable options that can be found on practice squads or street free agents if needed. I'm leaning toward the team keeping 5 receivers on the roster with Stringfellow and someone else on the practice squad.

If Stringfellow is released, he won't return to the PS. Too many teams with lousy receivers at the #4 and #5.

If Stringfellow is released, he won't return to the PS. Too many teams with lousy receivers at the #4 and #5.

I think we're overrating Stringfellow, mostly because of the 99 yard td. If it weren't for that one play I think he would have a much lower perceived value. I like Stringfellow, but I would put him on the PS, if he gets snatched up there will be anumber of receivers on the market in a few days that are just as promising. For example Rashad Ross just got released by the Bills and I would love to have him as a 6th receiver/returner. He reminds me a little of Ted Ginn and that's not a bad player to have at the back of a roster.

I think we're overrating Stringfellow, mostly because of the 99 yard td. If it weren't for that one play I think he would have a much lower perceived value. I like Stringfellow, but I would put him on the PS, if he gets snatched up there will be anumber of receivers on the market in a few days that are just as promising. For example Rashad Ross just got released by the Bills and I would love to have him as a 6th receiver/returner. He reminds me a little of Ted Ginn and that's not a bad player to have at the back of a roster.
Stringfellow did much more than one 99 yard TD. He's been pretty consistent in preseason....and he's NOTHING like Ted Ginn. He's nowhere near as fast, and he can actually CATCH THE BALL!

Take draft status out of the equation: do you keep stringfellow or caroo?

I keep stringfellow. He gets open. He can catch. He knows how to use his hands while the ball is in the air.

Caroo is OJ insurance. I'm pretty sure we can find someone as good as caroo on the scrap heap.

Okoye will be released within the next few days and RaShawn Scott will either be placed on IR or waived with an injury settlement. I think they like Scott as a 6th receiver option, but are finding that there are comparable options that can be found on practice squads or street free agents if needed. I'm leaning toward the team keeping 5 receivers on the roster with Stringfellow and someone else on the practice squad.
He's on PUP and he will remain on PUP when the season starts. Which means he can't come off PUP until six weeks into the season and he won't count against the roster limit of 53.

Take draft status out of the equation: do you keep stringfellow or caroo?

I keep stringfellow. He gets open. He can catch. He knows how to use his hands while the ball is in the air.

Caroo is OJ insurance. I'm pretty sure we can find someone as good as caroo on the scrap heap.

Though I agree that Stringfellow may end up being more valuable then Caroo, I also must disagree that you will be able to find a player like Caroo in the scrap heap if he's playing up to his potential..which he kind of has.

If we keep 6 receivers, this should not be an issue, if we only keep 5, this will be a tough decision.

Stringfellow did much more than one 99 yard TD. He's been pretty consistent in preseason....and he's NOTHING like Ted Ginn. He's nowhere near as fast, and he can actually CATCH THE BALL!

First I said Ross reminds me of Ginn not Stringfellow. Secondly Stringfellow would give his left nut to be in the league as long as Ginn has been and to produce as GInn's level. And finally Stringfellow had two receptions against the Falcons and one reception in each of the next two games. His 99 yard TD was nice, but I doubt if he was sitting here with just the other 3 receptions for 31 yards that people would be so hyped up about him. As a 5th or 6th receiver with future potential he has some promise. But there are a ton of receivers you could say the same thing about. I still say if Owusu wasn't injured and Stringfellow didn't have the 99 yard TD people would have them close to the same level of promise..

First I said Ross reminds me of Ginn not Stringfellow. Secondly Stringfellow would give his left nut to be in the league as long as Ginn has been and to produce as GInn's level. And finally Stringfellow had two receptions against the Falcons and one reception in each of the next two games. His 99 yard TD was nice, but I doubt if he was sitting here with just the other 3 receptions for 31 yards that people would be so hyped up about him. As a 5th or 6th receiver with future potential he has some promise. But there are a ton of receivers you could say the same thing about. I still say if Owusu wasn't injured and Stringfellow didn't have the 99 yard TD people would have them close to the same level of promise..

I'm totally with you on this. Stringfellow is getting over rated because of that TD. He does some good things, but lets not pretend his hands are great. I recall seeing bobbles... and i could've sworn he read coverages wrong a few times, leading to miscommunication. Can't be for sure, but I thought so

Carroo and Grant are our 4th and 5th receivers. And most talented back end guys.

I honestly don't see the need to keep six wide receivers even though I do like Stringfellow. The wr from Stanford could be a practice squad option as well (forgot his name).

With the way Grant is playing, I think Miami has a deep and talented top five. I think he has a chance to really help the team this season as more than just a returner.

I'd use that spot for another position.

Back
Top Bottom