OL thread. Please share your knowledge of our OL Players | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OL thread. Please share your knowledge of our OL Players

Sherif

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I've not seen it discussed so I wanted to start a thread. First of who is Ben Anderson. He seems like a weak link. Why not try to move Dmac from back up LT into RG? We need to run the ball better than we have or Culpepper is going to get killed. Any observations or answers to our run blocking woe's.

Right Tackle
V. Carey
A. Alabi
M. Pearson

Right Guard
B. Anderson
T. Pape
S. McKinney

Center
R. Hadnot
W. Smith
J. Berger

Left Guard
J. James
J. Toledo
C. Brooks

Left Tackle
L. Shelton
D. McIntosh
O. Thompson

Yeah, wade smith sucks the bag .. But also why do you even have McKinney listed ??? He broke his neck and he's out for the year. . Similar injuries have happened to players and they never EVER came back the same season.. He's done like dinner.

Sherif said:
I've not seen it discussed so I wanted to start a thread. First of who is Ben Anderson. He seems like a weak link. Why not try to move Dmac from back up LT into RG? We need to run the ball better than we have or Culpepper is going to get killed. Any observations or answers to our run blocking woe's.

Right Tackle
V. Carey
A. Alabi
M. Pearson

Right Guard
B. Anderson
T. Pape
S. McKinney

Center
R. Hadnot
W. Smith
J. Berger

Left Guard
J. James
J. Toledo
C. Brooks

Left Tackle
L. Shelton
D. McIntosh
O. Thompson
I think McIntosh, Toledo, Berger, or Pearson should move to RG and battle with anderosn for #1. The 2 that stand out the most have to be Toledo and Mac. Im interested to see how this will turn out

During the Carolina game I was disappointed in Hadnot and Anderson. Both waved at guys and the miss caused tackles in the backfield. I wouldn't just blast Anderson although he deserves it. I wonder just how good Hadnot is at center. Also, we suck at pulling our guards. James is always late. I'm not saying anything new - just wondering how the line can be so bad still. I thought they would have made more progress by now. With stud FB's and a beefy line I'd thought we have at least an inch or two of a hole? I heard the quotes from Carey and folks about wearing the other team down in teh 3rd and 4th qtr. Are you kidding me?? How about doing it in the 1st and 2nd qtr!!

Rich22 said:
During the Carolina game I was disappointed in Hadnot and Anderson. Both waved at guys and the miss caused tackles in the backfield. I wouldn't just blast Anderson although he deserves it. I wonder just how good Hadnot is at center. Also, we suck at pulling our guards. James is always late. I'm not saying anything new - just wondering how the line can be so bad still. I thought they would have made more progress by now. With stud FB's and a beefy line I'd thought we have at least an inch or two of a hole? I heard the quotes from Carey and folks about wearing the other team down in teh 3rd and 4th qtr. Are you kidding me?? How about doing it in the 1st and 2nd qtr!!

I saw the same things Rich. It's a wonder Ronnie has done as well as he has with defenders constantly two yards in our backfield. Hadnot is making penalties and he's also responsible for blocking assignments so you're right he's probably a bigger goat than Anderson is. If we have a slow start this year, It will likely be because of a whole new OL and secondary. I just hope if it happens, everyone doesn't jump off the bandwaggon.

Actually, Anderson is decent in the run game. He has good power and if he gets his hands on you tends to provide a good push. His problem is with quick guys, hence the whiffs in the last game. I can't say I was ever thrilled we got him. I thought that Toledo would beat him out (pre-injury). I don't, however, think that juggling all those other positions will make our line stronger. Sometimes you just have to go with what you have and coach them up or scheme to minimize their weaknesses. IMO short of some G that HH loves being cut our RGs are Anderson, Toledo and eventually Mckinney.

How has Shelton been doing?? I havent paid much attention to him...

Finsnasty, Shelton Has not been spectacular but above average IMO. He doesn't dominate. I think he kept Julius Peppers in check which says alot and the sacks usually have come from the interior of our line. Still there has been no holes when Ronnie has tried to run between Shelton and James and it's even worse on the other side. There's just not that much to go on to tell yet. I wish CKP or someone who has seen alot of footage could comment.

Hudson? Is that you? If not, I'm not wasting my time with this thread. If its you, then why are you asking US?

Sherif said:
Finsnasty, Shelton Has not been spectacular but above average IMO. He doesn't dominate. I think he kept Julius Peppers in check which says alot and the sacks usually have come from the interior of our line. Still there has been no holes when Ronnie has tried to run between Shelton and James and it's even worse on the other side. There's just not that much to go on to tell yet. I wish CKP or someone who has seen alot of footage could comment.

Wasn't it V.Carey who kept Peppers in check ?

FINFAN_4_EVER said:
I think McIntosh, Toledo, Berger, or Pearson should move to RG and battle with anderosn for #1. The 2 that stand out the most have to be Toledo and Mac. Im interested to see how this will turn out

Hell, Toledo has been basically hurt since preseason started so it hard to stand out in street clothes.

Back
Top Bottom