Old jokes aside, Jay Cutler is getting last laugh with Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Old jokes aside, Jay Cutler is getting last laugh with Dolphins

I'm hoping the best for Cutler as. SEC fan I'm pulling for him .. but mostly a hardcore fin fan since 1971

Well they did go 5-11 last year and have started the year 0-2 even with all that loaded talent. They also loss to a Dolphin team decimated by injuries with a weak defense. I would say that is a pretty weak team.

Last season is irrelevant. Like I stated. It's too early in the season too make such a statement.
What you state is just an opinion.
We have no idea how good or bad this Phins team is, as they have only played one game.
The Chargers have lost 2 close games. I guess the fact that they went to Mile High stadium and played a close game with the Broncos means they are a pretty weak team. What does that mean about the Cowboys? They must be abysmal.

The old jokes will ONLY stop if he can keep the INTs in signal digits and lead the Dolphins to the Super Bowl. AFC Championship bare minimum. In the mean time it was one game, that doesn't debunk the past yet. Lets see if he can keep it together. Especially for 16 weeks straight.

The gameplan screamed "Cutler don't screw this up!" Cutler was doing so well that Gase decided to do nothing but run the ball and play for a 50+ yard field goal instead of let Cutler throw it...

And are you guys really going to say the Chargers are a good team? They have a few good players, but that team looked exactly like the Dolphins for the last decade. Neither team deserved to walk away with a win. For all the flak we gave Gase over his crappy playcalling, what about the Chargers HC? Our pass D couldn't stop an 80 year old paraplegic, they have Rivers who is a damn good QB and a good bunch of WRs, one of our starting LBs was on a drug trip and the rest of our secondary outside Jones is known to be absolutely terrible, and yet he insisted on repeatedly running straight into our D line for consistently negative plays. Not to mention that failed QB sneak where the center somehow had no clue what the team's code words even were, and the kicker who can't kick field goals.

A good team would have abused our weaknesses and won that game by 3 scores.

Last season is irrelevant. Like I stated. It's too early in the season too make such a statement.
What you state is just an opinion.
We have no idea how good or bad this Phins team is, as they have only played one game.
The Chargers have lost 2 close games. I guess the fact that they went to Mile High stadium and played a close game with the Broncos means they are a pretty weak team. What does that mean about the Cowboys? They must be abysmal.
Last season in not irrelevant, like I said they went 5-11 last year and the year before that I don't think they even had 5 wins. This is not an opinion it's My opinion. Is it too early to say the Patriots will make the playoffs? or the jets probably won't....I guess the answer is yes. But based on the past several seasons I will make that prediction. As far as the Dolphins....no we don't know how good or bad the team is based on 1 game, but with injuries, off season moves, strength of schedule etc. I don't see us making the playoffs this year....IMO. Others don't see it that way, in there opinion they see the Phins making the playoffs this year...so be it. I know the Chargers played 2 close games over the last couple of weeks and lost, hence 0-2. The Dolphins season opener last year against the seahawks hurt me the most, because we played hard.......but we lost. Would you say we were weak last year before we made that run? (open for debate)IMO, the Chargers are a weak team, not just now but for a long time.....you disagree because it's early in the season...fine. As for the Cowboys....I think they are the most overhyped, overrated over talked about team on the planet. Are they weak?...no. They have a whole different set of problems, and it starts with the owner.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
God forbid he didn't have Jay slinging the rock all over the field 35 times a month out of retirement.

Obviously Ajayii gets the brunt of the credit, but no one put up 100 yds on the chargers all year last year. Cutler gets some credit for opening up the field like Tanny never could.
Is this a joke, because it's funny from the first line to the last.

It was the first game, like the announcer said at one point a lot of the veterans haven’t played since the third preseason game and some only played a half then. Or less. This was basically our last preseason game. Beat a team opening a new stadium across the country after a crazy week and interruption of the schedule and a defensive starter going AWOL. Most of the complaints are unreasonable mid-season expectations. Rivers put up 21 against the Broncos last week, couldn’t do that against us. It came down to a little luck, but it forever counts as a W.

The old jokes will ONLY stop if he can keep the INTs in signal digits and lead the Dolphins to the Super Bowl. AFC Championship bare minimum. In the mean time it was one game, that doesn't debunk the past yet. Lets see if he can keep it together. Especially for 16 weeks straight.
That's a high bar with this defense. I think a playoff birth should be enough. This defense is pretty bad

The gameplan screamed "Cutler don't screw this up!" Cutler was doing so well that Gase decided to do nothing but run the ball and play for a 50+ yard field goal instead of let Cutler throw it...

And at that point that's the smart thing to do, if you have faith in your kicker's ability in that area. Earlier in the second half Cutler was allowed to be very aggressive, however, and it fueled the comeback.

OK. Let's not make everything about Cutler vs Tannehill. I don't care how Tannehill did last year. I don't care how he would have done this year. Tannehill is due to his injury irrelevant this year.

You have watched a Dolphins team who overcame injuries, was driven from their home while a hurricane was barreling down on their home, was on the road for some 2 weeks and played their first regular season game against a team who already played a regular season game. For the starters it was the first game action since the 3rd preseason game.

We have now a preseason game against the Jets coming up in which we can fine tune some things.
Cutler did well and I like how he and Parker are developing a relationship. Cutler does what most good QBs do with their #1 deep targets: fearless throw the ball downfield and give Parker a chance to make a play.

Lets curb the Tannehill talk folks I think most posters would agree we dont want every thread to become a debate involving our injured QB. You are free to create a Tannehill thread and keep the debate in there please

Good performances by Ajayi leads to wins. If Cutler is the QB, Ajayi benefited from his ability to open up the field. If Tannehill is the QB, the running game is carrying the passing game...... LOL.......

It's not a simple 1+1=2. Even if Ajayii has a bad game, he has benefiting from Cutler. The individual single game result is immaterial. A RB is benefited by a QB who makes defenses worry about over the top throws. You really going to say teams are more worried about getting beat deep playing Tanny than Cutler?

And the crowd goes silent.
Again, comparing this matchup with the same team last year can’t ignore that it was week ten then, we had played the Patriots, Steelers, Seahawks, and Titans before meeting the Chargers and getting the win that put us at 5-4. This was our opener after an unscheduled bye week and rested starters since the third preseason game. Stop comparing to mid-season expectations.

Back
Top Bottom