Olivier Vernon | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Olivier Vernon

Don't know how this will work out but I just gotta say it ..... The UUUUUUUUUUU lol

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Took a whole $1200.
So? It doesn't take much to be one of the worst offenders. The whole thing was a farce. All it means is he got hit with one of the heaviest punishments.

Love this pick! He's a stud pass rusher! I was hoping they would pick him with this one and trade down. Thinking G here

Eh... I hope the pick works out. I've heard way too many times before after picking a DE/OLB that the guy shoulda gone a round sooner, n that we got a steal.

From a physical standpoint, the best looking Canes defender in years. Great shoulders cut to a solid waist. He was the one guy I hated to see leave early. You'll notice that Lamar Miller is still on the board along with Tommy Streeter, Brandon Washington and the others.

We've had several mentions of Vernon here. ckparrothead brought him up in a thread perhaps 6 weeks ago and I posted at length. In short, he's an attacking outside rusher with enough nimbleness to duck his shoulder and find the ideal path to the quarterback or ball carrier. Capable of adjusting on the fly. Nasty streak. Uses leverage well and is not a liability against the run.

Production never matched how good he looks getting off the bus but keep in mind the Canes were playing with woeful defensive tackles the past few seasons, particularly after Curtis Porter got hurt against Ohio State early in 2010. Consequently the ends and backers often had to chase down the funnel and never got the full opportunity to attack off the perimeter. Vernon isn't great in space when asked to cover.

He was involved in the Shapiro scandal. Supposedly a check was directed to his high school alma mater. That resulted in the harshest penalty, 6 games. Vernon never got fully untracked last season after arriving late.

Prior to the 2010 season, he was the whispered guy. I watched Warren Sapp stand alongside him on the sideline and give pointers throughout the 2010 spring game. That's how highly Vernon was thought of. I hoped for 4th round for Vernon but it's intriguing we got him.

So? It doesn't take much to be one of the worst offenders. The whole thing was a farce. All it means is he got hit with one of the heaviest punishments.

Just saying.

No one seems to know why he was suspended. I don't want people thinking that it's character issues, etc.

wow u sent jimmy graham big deal

Might want to look back over some of those names, man.

South Florida is home to the best high school football players in the country.

Miami gets a lot of that talent and doesn't coach it for ****.

Then they get to the league and under some decent coaching and they're starting and contributing in major ways.

Sam Shields couldn't do dick right at The U.

Green Bay drafts him and he's a big part of a playoff run.

The U sucks period

Fair enough.

Not going to argue that or let you bait me with petty comments like that.

The Hurricanes blow.

But that's no reason to snub the nose at talented players at Miami.

Plenty of talented players all around the country on bad football teams every single year.

What does the overall program have to do with anything.

Might want to look back over some of those names, man.

South Florida is home to the best high school football players in the country.

Miami gets a lot of that talent and doesn't coach it for ****.

Then they get to the league and under some decent coaching and they're starting and contributing in major ways.

Sam Shields couldn't do dick right at The U.

Green Bay drafts him and he's a big part of a playoff run.

Is he the guy that forgot a coach name?

Both Mayock and McShay had Vernon rated as a 2nd round pick. McShay likes the Dolphins draft alot!!!

Back
Top Bottom