Olivier Vernon | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Olivier Vernon

Not sure I have seen a lot of plays that make me see him as a future probowler, but WOW isn't refreshing to come here to finheaven and see posters posting good things about dolphin players, instead of bashing everyone on the team??
Let's keep it up and change the culture around here. We might have to change the name of "finheaven" to "finheaven the home of the happy dolphin fans" :)

Meh. Vernon will always be useless as a passrusher. He'll find a niche as a run defender, but will never come close to a pro bowl since he'll never have the sack numbers required to get votes. Another pass rusher opposite Wake is still a huge need.

some of yal take this hole ranking system a little too seriously, my god.

I'm not taking it seriously at all, never said I agreed with it. I certainly don't think he's the 29th best 4-3 DE in the nfl.

He's been pretty good on ST, and average in the pass rush. I'm starting to like this pick. He could become good in a year or two.

Vernon may have a promising future as a Sam linebacker playing behind Koa Misi, or eventually replacing him.

Does he even have a QB hurry? lol. He has a lonnnnggg way to go.

He's got a few of those and I believe a hit as well but he hasn't really earned anything he's gotten that way IMO...it's all just a result of someone else flashing at the QB and forcing him to scramble right into Vernon.

I love the kid's motor. But he just lacks that closing burst and I am not sure he will ever be a legit pass rusher because of his limitations. Nevertheless, because of his motor, he could be a 5 sack per year guy and pretty good in the run game. He reminds me of a poor man's Marco Coleman in some ways.

I was pleasantly surprised that he does have some ability to play LB. I've seen him drop back in some zones, but I doubt he has the speed to be a great OLB in a 4-3 where speed is more important to cover more real estate.

Overall, I like the player largely because of his motor and effort. I see him as a role player and maybe someone we can move around. I hope that he is a gym rat and studies tape because if he gets super smart with reads and recognitions, and we can move him around, he could play a more prominent role in view of his on-field effort.

Props to Vernon for seemingly coming around to the speed of the NFL. He played well against Cincinnati and had a huge play knocking down a pass 20 yards down field just before the Jones INT. And today against STL he had 2 sacks with the 2nd being the biggest play of the game. He looks like he's a better fit at OLB, where he can extend his arms and use his strength and redirect his pass rush on the move. I like the way he seems to be developing as an OLB.

Back
Top Bottom