Omar happy,Every Ryan Tannehill interception for 2012 article.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Phindog, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Phindog

Phindog A True Fan

:bobdole:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/dolphins-blog/sfl-ryan-tannehill-cant-remain-nfls-worst-qb-on-third-downs-20130725,0,6524366.story

Ryan Tannehill can't remain NFL's worst QB on third downs

Ryan Tannehill's supporters have plenty of excuses for why he was a bottom-tier starting quarterback in the NFL last season.
    Tannehill was a rookie with 20 college starts at Texas A&M.
    Tannehill needed to become familiar with the speed of the NFL game.

Ads by Google

[/COLOR]
    Tannehill didn't have the best weapons around him as a rookie.
    The Dolphins didn't allow Tannehill to throw many passes in the red zone.

[video=youtube;PlCocwkL_gc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlCocwkL_gc&feature=player_embedded[/video]

2. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

video put together by our own CK lol

The ints last year really dont bother me

3. Phindog

Phindog A True Fan

Yup,guess the rick-roll didnt hold up....

4. CalDolFan10x14

CalDolFan10x14 Your QB for the next 10 years. Finheaven VIP Donator

A rookie NFL QB who didn't have a great year...who knew?!?

5. TheWalrus

TheWalrus 1/7/14 Finheaven VIP

Damn. If somebody hadn't put together that video, maybe the INTs would have never happened. Really harshes my training camp mellow.

6. Wildbill3

Wildbill3 Misery Loves Company Administrator Finheaven VIP

can we forget the fact he threw 4 in one game in his very first start? no?

7. Da Phinishisher

Da Phinishisher 'Shisher

LOL. Total troll job by Omar.

8. tazthenomad

tazthenomad FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Looking at the video I am reminded of the number of RT's interceptions that were tipped balls, the receiver didn't fight for the ball, potentially ran the wrong route, or fell down. The INT's will go down this year if for no other reason than we'll have a better receiving corps.

9. Phindog

Phindog A True Fan

At least CK boned him on the sound:up:

10. Wildbill3

Wildbill3 Misery Loves Company Administrator Finheaven VIP

tipped balls, and I know there were a couple garbage time throws also. so nearly half of his ints, I just write off as being flukes or unimportant.

11. psfign

psfign A True Fan

cant excuse the tipped balls, that's still RTs fault.

12. TheWalrus

TheWalrus 1/7/14 Finheaven VIP

Except no, not really.

More often than not it's the offensive lineman's fault for not getting the defender's hands down combined with bad luck.

13. rent this space

rent this space Starter Finheaven VIP

But blown coverage means no credit...

14. gregorygrant83

gregorygrant83 A True Fan

Remember Tannehill had nine games without an interception, eight if you don't count the Jets game where he got hurt early. He Has plenty of tape showing he can protect the ball.

15. madmic21

madmic21 A True Fan

Seemed like a lot of cover 3 interceptions. Guys playing flats sneaking under his throws.

16. Phindog

Phindog A True Fan

17. SkapePhin

SkapePhin Rump Shaker Finheaven VIP Donator

Omar is so cheap and desperate that he even outsourced the video production to CK (who I am sure wasn't compensated in any way) rather than doing his own work or getting the video guys at SS to work on this. And he even went with the Rick Roll intro.

How unprofessional...

18. flynryan15

flynryan15 A True Fan Donator

I refuse to read Omar's crap but I am willing to bet he doesn't mention or thank ck for doing the leg work!

19. Phindog

Phindog A True Fan

The video itself was nicely done, our lack of weapons and receiver separation was obvious.Play calling and lack of creativity had some low points too.

This year should be much improved.

20. hoops

hoops exited stage left

2 years playing wr in college 19 college starts 16 pro starts 13 ints as a rookie and this dumb *** is making videos throwing tanny under the bus...guys just so bad...peyton damn manning threw 27 picks as a rookie...

not to mention tanny was playing with barely nfl 53 man roster skill position talent at wr...

whatever...haters gonna hate...

21. Strangeworld

Strangeworld Banned Hammered

The excuse making on this thread is legendary....

22. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

Omar refuses to do the work himself, asks CK to do him a "favor" and doesn't credit CK at all in the article for putting the video together. Telling.

23. hoops

hoops exited stage left

well then lay it on us...give me something other than deep ball poor placement as a rookie to explain your stance also...

i'd like some meat and damn potatoes...

24. PBay Fin Fan

PBay Fin Fan Well-Known Member

You would think Omar would have given credit where it was due. At least AS at the Herald gives credit to film made by another. BV used to as well before he left PBP.

25. DolphinDevil28

DolphinDevil28 I like boobs. Finheaven VIP Donator

Omar Kelly likes to get on his "holier than thou" soap box and preach perspective to everybody UNTIL it's time to drive his agenda or prove he knows more than you.

His agenda is to tell everyone how bad Ryan Tannehill is. If this was one of his "mancrush" alums, he'd be screaming at you about how a ton of all pros don't do much their rookie year, be patient, go to the corner, blank stare, I wanna blow Jay Z all night, give me tips how to cook my salmon because I work out, etc...etc...etc...

26. hoops

hoops exited stage left

3 of those picks were tip balls in the opener at the los...whatever they're learning tools...you don't face jj freakin watt the swat every day...i knew he'd be in throwing lanes...he picked a ball off andy dalton the year prior jumped up in the air and just caught it clean hell the guy jumps over 59 inch tables for gods sakes...he's gonna tip balls...the other was a poor route for starters by one of those scrub wrs we had at the time and a ball he shouldn't have thrown probably but a learning tool none the less...

against buffalo at the end of the game he threw 2 picks down the field one of which jarius byrd dove full out extended to get his hands on and somehow when he hit the ground the ball didn't pop up in the air...great play by byrd tip your cap...

i know of one pick he threw i think it was against tennessee where fasano just got out fought for the ball let a guy take it from him...he threw 2 picks i know of off pa rolling right and trying to hit fasano thinking the safety who was i thnk was playing a zone would continue to drop and instead he came up in front of fasano for the pick...ok it happens...tanny read it wrong

a pick against tennessee also the lb i think it was showed blitz at the los tanny thought he would come after the snap and he just dropped right into the inside throwing lane...i mean rookies do that folks...it happens

those are just off the top of my head...i haven't watched the video

i bet you omar doesn't have a damn clue what he's looking at when he reviews that video from a lot of different aspects...not a damn clue

27. beanh8er

beanh8er A True Fan Donator

There were a couple of poor throws on rollouts where I think he trusted his arm a little too much (Jets game, Seahawks game). The out route in the Cardinals game was a poor decision, but he was still getting used to the speed of the defenders in the NFL. The Patriots game was a bad decision if he is trying to make it to Matthews, but he had that pressure right in his face and on second look it looks like wanted Hartline but the ball sailed on him. His second interception in the Titans game was a bad decision where he took the second best throw available to him and threw a 50/50 ball rather than checking down to Daniel Thomas. The interception in the Bills game was poor placement, but Bess didn't even look for the ball or else that's a catch.

Just saw your most recent post. One of the rollout plays was actually the linebacker dropping into zone and undercut the route. Great read by the LB.

28. hoops

hoops exited stage left

it's 16 damn games you need to have more ammo than that...not gonna have much more cause he only threw 13 total...

29. beanh8er

beanh8er A True Fan Donator

Oh I don't disagree with you. I'm playing devil's advocate here. If he has 6-7 bad throws/decisions all year, I am beyond happy with that.

30. hoops

hoops exited stage left

thank you...banging on the kid for not having great vertical accuracy as a rookie despite no real option ok i can get that...even though we knew he wasn't a finished product when we put him out there...but banging on a handful of bad decisions with the ball as a rookie...omar can suck it

31. CRAZYDOLFAN305

CRAZYDOLFAN305 We Are Still Going To The SB

Omar Kelly is a Journalist. He's doing his ****ing job. I thought you guys loved that pessismistic point of view. Just because he ain't drinking the 14 different qb to start since Marino retired, don't mean the sky is falling. He just like Pete Prisco, are missing the most important trait of Ryan, which is the ability to recognize what coverage the Defense is in, and setting his protection correctly. Furthemore, Tannehill constant stride to make sure there's no wasted plays, and to always get the perfect adjustments based on the situation. For that alone he's Brady esque. But only timw will tell.

32. CalDolFan10x14

CalDolFan10x14 Your QB for the next 10 years. Finheaven VIP Donator

He's got nothing but baloney and 3 week old stale potato chips.

33. maralieus

maralieus Lets get those balls deep!!

huh....After watching that I actually feel better about those picks. Only maybe 3 of those were ill advised throws. Both pick 6's were not good, but not horrible. Fasano let his man get in front of him on the jets pick 6, although tanny did throw too late. The worst throw I thought he made all year got called back for roughing the passer against the seachickens.

34. Phindog

Phindog A True Fan

The Jets pick six bothered me the most and the Cardinal or Ram Int. Tanny was hitting tight windows as early as game 2 and more than once in every game,you lose sometimes on those.He knows he threw a few balls late,they know it when the ball leaves their hand most of the time.

35. tazthenomad

tazthenomad FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

There is a difference between excuse and explanation. I will admit it can be a gray area but if you aren't willing to acknowledge that then you are being just as biased as an "excuse" maker.

36. butta247

butta247 FinHeaven VIP

CK - why did you put this together for this a..hole? I wouldn't do anything for him including reading his garbage.

37. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Premium Member

We have a working relationship. Keep in mind, things have been rocky between us in the past and we're not afraid to disagree with each other pretty strongly, but he has his role he plays for the Sun Sentinel and I think once I kind of accepted that perspective on things I started to understand him a little better. I do actually think the pendulum has swung maybe a little bit too far the other way, people hating him for reasons that aren't even good anymore.

Simon and I have done a lot of work for the Sun Sentinel. I don't mind getting along with everyone on staff there. I'm not out to make enemies. Think of me like an Ethan Skolnick. I'm just here to chill and do my work.

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

Besides, how could I pass up a chance to Rick Roll thousands of people?

38. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

Didn't Tannehill have a Dolphins rookie record for consecutive passes without an INT last year?

39. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

Found the article from Sun-Sentinel no less.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...-qb-tannehill-ryan-tannehill-richard-marshall

No question Omar has an agenda here.

40. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 I can get you a toe Finheaven VIP Donator

He's a tool actually. Not what you said.