Omar happy,Every Ryan Tannehill interception for 2012 article. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Omar happy,Every Ryan Tannehill interception for 2012 article.

Omar Kelly is a Journalist. He's doing his ****ing job. I thought you guys loved that pessismistic point of view. Just because he ain't drinking the 14 different qb to start since Marino retired, don't mean the sky is falling. He just like Pete Prisco, are missing the most important trait of Ryan, which is the ability to recognize what coverage the Defense is in, and setting his protection correctly. Furthemore, Tannehill constant stride to make sure there's no wasted plays, and to always get the perfect adjustments based on the situation. For that alone he's Brady esque. But only timw will tell.

well then lay it on us...give me something other than deep ball poor placement as a rookie to explain your stance also...

i'd like some meat and damn potatoes...

He's got nothing but baloney and 3 week old stale potato chips.

huh....After watching that I actually feel better about those picks. Only maybe 3 of those were ill advised throws. Both pick 6's were not good, but not horrible. Fasano let his man get in front of him on the jets pick 6, although tanny did throw too late. The worst throw I thought he made all year got called back for roughing the passer against the seachickens.

The Jets pick six bothered me the most and the Cardinal or Ram Int. Tanny was hitting tight windows as early as game 2 and more than once in every game,you lose sometimes on those.He knows he threw a few balls late,they know it when the ball leaves their hand most of the time.

CK - why did you put this together for this a..hole? I wouldn't do anything for him including reading his garbage.

CK - why did you put this together for this a..hole? I wouldn't do anything for him including reading his garbage.

We have a working relationship. Keep in mind, things have been rocky between us in the past and we're not afraid to disagree with each other pretty strongly, but he has his role he plays for the Sun Sentinel and I think once I kind of accepted that perspective on things I started to understand him a little better. I do actually think the pendulum has swung maybe a little bit too far the other way, people hating him for reasons that aren't even good anymore.

Simon and I have done a lot of work for the Sun Sentinel. I don't mind getting along with everyone on staff there. I'm not out to make enemies. Think of me like an Ethan Skolnick. I'm just here to chill and do my work.

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

Besides, how could I pass up a chance to Rick Roll thousands of people?

Didn't Tannehill have a Dolphins rookie record for consecutive passes without an INT last year?

Didn't Tannehill have a Dolphins rookie record for consecutive passes without an INT last year?

Found the article from Sun-Sentinel no less.

MIAMI GARDENS – Dolphins rookie quarterback Ryan Tannehill continues to make late-season improvement, so much that heading into next week's finale he's the best he's been all season.

In his last two games Tannehill is 35-for-53 passing for 350 yards, four touchdowns and no interceptions. He has an impressive passer rating of 109.8.

In his last four games Tannehill has five touchdowns and no interceptions. He's gone a span of 137 passes without an interception.

In his last six games Tannehill has thrown seven touchdowns and three interceptions.

And on the ground, in the last two weeks he's had runs of 30 and 31 yards. The latter is the second-longest rush by a quarterback in franchise history, and the former is tied for third.

"He's getting into a rhythm," running back Reggie Bush said. "It looks like he's improving and maturing."

Tannehill, who entered Sunday's 24-10 victory over Buffalo having completed 60.3 percent of his passes the previous four games, was 13-for-25 passing for 130 yards, two touchdowns and no interceptions for a 93.8 passer rating, the fourth-best of the season.

Tannehill now has 3,059 yards passing, becoming the fifth quarterback in franchise history to reach that milestone.
http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...-qb-tannehill-ryan-tannehill-richard-marshall

No question Omar has an agenda here.

Omar Kelly is a Journalist. He's doing his ****ing job. I thought you guys loved that pessismistic point of view. Just because he ain't drinking the 14 different qb to start since Marino retired, don't mean the sky is falling. He just like Pete Prisco, are missing the most important trait of Ryan, which is the ability to recognize what coverage the Defense is in, and setting his protection correctly. Furthemore, Tannehill constant stride to make sure there's no wasted plays, and to always get the perfect adjustments based on the situation. For that alone he's Brady esque. But only timw will tell.

He's a tool actually. Not what you said.

Here's what I saw in some of those picks.

Minor mistakes, major consequences. Then you also spice in some major mistakes.

I see a pick where Brian Hartline falls down on a comeback, which is a timing route that Tannehill has to throw with TRUST. You don't blame that on Ryan Tannehill. Not one iota.

I see one pick, looks TO ME like he's trying to hit Hartline in the flat, but he holds the ball just a tad too long and the pass protection is not cooperating AT ALL so he gets slammed heavily while he's throwing, causing the ball to sail on him and voila...ball ends up looking like it was intended for Rishard Matthews in double coverage and it's picked off. Minor mistake, major consequence.

I see one pick where J.J. Watt steers or stunts right into the passing lane just as the ball is coming and he gets his hands up. I know there are things Tannehill can do to prevent that, but I'm not sure it wouldn't hurt more for him to be over-conscious of that. Sometimes, you just have to chalk that up.

On the other hand, I see two more picks (one another J.J. Swatt) where Tannehill had every reason to know that those passing lanes were being covered at the line. What do you chalk that up to? Inexperience. Youth. Sometimes for a young guy there are only so many things you can process at once.

I see a pick where Tannehill probably should have seen the corner squatting a tad bit aggressively on the square-in, but Legedu Naanee ultimately needs to run through that route and shield the football with his body. Legedu did much worse on that play than Tannehill.

I see another pick where Anthony Fasano runs a poor route against Akeem Ayers and then just plain gets out-muscled for a 50/50 ball that he as a tight end should have won. Perhaps it was a mistake of being slightly over aggressive on Tannehill's part, but Fasano's mistake was much bigger IMO.

I see a pick against Jairus Byrd where Ryan Tannehill had the right idea, he just forgot one slight step. He needed to look off Jairus Byrd and freeze him toward the middle. He forgot to do that, so Byrd had an extra step on the ball, and that's the difference between a big catch and a highlight reel interception.

I see a couple of instances where offensive predictability is measurable. There's a corner squatting on Legedu's route at the beginning. Why is that? Predictability. J.J. Watt's pop-ups he got by predicting the passing lane and being allowed free access to get there. Why was he able to do that? Predictability. Zach Brown's fake-blitz where he dropped back perfectly into the hot read passing lane, how was he able to do that? Because the game planning showed a trend with the Dolphins' hot reads and he was able to predict the passing late of the hot route. Adrian Wilson of the Cardinals squatted on the out route and undercut the passing lane, and how did he do that? Offensive predictability.

Other plays, I see Tannehill just guilty of the thing you see out of a lot of strong armed, aggressive quarterbacks. Over confidence. Trying to squeeze a ball into a tight window. He tries to squeeze a ball in to Hartline against the Jets as he's rolling to the sideline. He did the same exact thing against the Seahawks. He tries to squeeze a ball into a real tight window over the middle to Davone Bess against the Buffalo Bills. Like I said before, he tried to squeeze one into Fasano in tight coverage. To some extent, the ball that sailed on him against the Patriots was over confidence as well, sensed the guy about to hit him but thought he could get the ball where he wanted it to go even with odd leverage and an aborted throwing motion.

That's just a quarterback having too much confidence in his throwing ability and throwing aggressively into tight windows. YOU LIVE WITH THAT, if you want good quarterback play, IMO. Unless you've got Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. That's one of the things that makes them so unique. But they're Hall of Famers. Two of the best ever.

The fact that he has gone to such lengths to try and kill the excitement about the upcoming year, proves that this guy has gone beyond troll and straight to Gremlin.

Here he is crying over Tannehill.

GIFSoup

Again, why is he employed?

I see a pick where Brian Hartline falls down on a comeback, which is a timing route that Tannehill has to throw with TRUST. You don't blame that on Ryan Tannehill. Not one iota.

I see one pick, looks TO ME like he's trying to hit Hartline in the flat, but he holds the ball just a tad too long and the pass protection is not cooperating AT ALL so he gets slammed heavily while he's throwing, causing the ball to sail on him and voila...ball ends up looking like it was intended for Rishard Matthews in double coverage and it's picked off. Minor mistake, major consequence.

I see one pick where J.J. Watt steers or stunts right into the passing lane just as the ball is coming and he gets his hands up. I know there are things Tannehill can do to prevent that, but I'm not sure it wouldn't hurt more for him to be over-conscious of that. Sometimes, you just have to chalk that up.

On the other hand, I see two more picks (one another J.J. Swatt) where Tannehill had every reason to know that those passing lanes were being covered at the line. What do you chalk that up to? Inexperience. Youth. Sometimes for a young guy there are only so many things you can process at once.

I see a pick where Tannehill probably should have seen the corner squatting a tad bit aggressively on the square-in, but Legedu Naanee ultimately needs to run through that route and shield the football with his body. Legedu did much worse on that play than Tannehill.

I see another pick where Anthony Fasano runs a poor route against Akeem Ayers and then just plain gets out-muscled for a 50/50 ball that he as a tight end should have won. Perhaps it was a mistake of being slightly over aggressive on Tannehill's part, but Fasano's mistake was much bigger IMO.

I see a pick against Jairus Byrd where Ryan Tannehill had the right idea, he just forgot one slight step. He needed to look off Jairus Byrd and freeze him toward the middle. He forgot to do that, so Byrd had an extra step on the ball, and that's the difference between a big catch and a highlight reel interception.

I see a couple of instances where offensive predictability is measurable. There's a corner squatting on Legedu's route at the beginning. Why is that? Predictability. J.J. Watt's pop-ups he got by predicting the passing lane and being allowed free access to get there. Why was he able to do that? Predictability. Zach Brown's fake-blitz where he dropped back perfectly into the hot read passing lane, how was he able to do that? Because the game planning showed a trend with the Dolphins' hot reads and he was able to predict the passing late of the hot route. Adrian Wilson of the Cardinals squatted on the out route and undercut the passing lane, and how did he do that? Offensive predictability.

Other plays, I see Tannehill just guilty of the thing you see out of a lot of strong armed, aggressive quarterbacks. Over confidence. Trying to squeeze a ball into a tight window. He tries to squeeze a ball in to Hartline against the Jets as he's rolling to the sideline. He did the same exact thing against the Seahawks. He tries to squeeze a ball into a real tight window over the middle to Davone Bess against the Buffalo Bills. Like I said before, he tried to squeeze one into Fasano in tight coverage. To some extent, the ball that sailed on him against the Patriots was over confidence as well, sensed the guy about to hit him but thought he could get the ball where he wanted it to go even with odd leverage and an aborted throwing motion.

That's just a quarterback having too much confidence in his throwing ability and throwing aggressively into tight windows. YOU LIVE WITH THAT, if you want good quarterback play, IMO. Unless you've got Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. That's one of the things that makes them so unique. But they're Hall of Famers. Two of the best ever.

i haven't watched the video yet but i think you nailed it...i will tonight at some point...and i think there's not much there to bang the kid on considering it was his first year as a starter and hell 19 college starts...i would have expected more mistakes frankly given the talent around him and the lack of games in college playing the position...

i didn't have any issue with tannehills play as a rookie..it was much better than i expected in year one...

So basically he made rookie mistakes? Who would ever have expected that from a rookie?

Good post CK

I'd ask for a list of Omar's mistakes but I'm not sure the internet is that big to hold it............................

IMO, Tannehill had to attempt passes that were not really there because of us only having one WR last season.

Back
Top Bottom