Omar Jacobs, Devin Hester, etc to Declare | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Omar Jacobs, Devin Hester, etc to Declare

Boomer

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
According to sources, Bowling Green QB Omar Jacobs is to declare. Huge mistake IMO. AWFUL mechanically, he had a mediocre season and could have done with staying at BG.

In what looks like a bad day for Miami U, Devin Hester, Baraka Atkins and WR Ryan Moore are all set to jump. Moore has been in and out, but apparently its a done deal. Hester is concerned that he won't win a starters CB job and isn't sure what sort of role he'll play on offense. Moore looked a future high 1st rounder as a freshman, but has struggled; Hester could be the most overrated player in the entire selection meeting. Sick return skills, very average coverman. I think he's in for a real shock come draft day.

Anyway, thought I'd pass it along.
Boom.

Hey Boom,
What are your predictions about the other top QBs? Quinn & Young? Coming out or no? How do you feel about Cutler? God I am hoping for a QB for christmas!

It's locked up that Moore is leaving, but that's a BIG mistake. I don't understand why Hester would be leaving, he'll be a receiver on the offense but I doubt he'll be a starting one.

If Omar Jacobs leaves, then there is the Dolphin's 1st round draft pick right there.

Young will leave but shouldn't, Quinn will stay.

Jacobs WILL NOT be Miami's 1st round pick.

Jacobs would have all that time to develop and he'll just have to work on his throwing mechanics. It can be changed...

Throwing for over 3000yards, 30TDs and 7INTs are mediocre?

Boomer said:
Young will leave but shouldn't, Quinn will stay.

Jacobs WILL NOT be Miami's 1st round pick.
I'd take Jacobs over Cutler, but maybe Miami won't :D

wasnt omar jacobs hurt for awhile this season i dont even think he'll go in the first round he seems to have dropt on most peoples mock drafts i heard he was the 3rd best qb at one point and now i hear he's down under the 5th i dont really know to much about the college game but from what i hear i would rather be happy with jay cutler or vince young if we can get them if they come out

Boomer said:
According to sources, Bowling Green QB Omar Jacobs is to declare. Huge mistake IMO. AWFUL mechanically, he had a mediocre season and could have done with staying at BG.

In what looks like a bad day for Miami U, Devin Hester, Baraka Atkins and WR Ryan Moore are all set to jump. Moore has been in and out, but apparently its a done deal. Hester is concerned that he won't win a starters CB job and isn't sure what sort of role he'll play on offense. Moore looked a future high 1st rounder as a freshman, but has struggled; Hester could be the most overrated player in the entire selection meeting. Sick return skills, very average coverman. I think he's in for a real shock come draft day.

Anyway, thought I'd pass it along.
Boom.

They could be very good undrafted FAs considering they are from Miami. Hester will be lucky if he gets taken in the 6th round. Sure he can return but what else can he do? His covering skills are very average at the college level. Unlimited potential because of his speed but I can't believ he'd come out. He'd be better to take the summer and train at becoming a better corner. Moore could be a good pick in the 5th round or later. He has the talent but the desire always seemed to be in question. Atkins is a pretty good player. Seems like a weird lot to annouce, they would all do better with an extra year in Uni.

Raekwon The Che said:
Jacobs would have all that time to develop and he'll just have to work on his throwing mechanics. It can be changed...

Throwing for over 3000yards, 30TDs and 7INTs are mediocre?

All what time to develop?

I think it's a bad idea for Ryan Moore to come out, he seems like a mid-rounder to me. Same with Hester, I don't think he gets his name called until the 2nd. Baraka could be a high pick if he improved and came back next year IMO. Right now I see him in the 2nd or lower. Omar Jacobs I'm not so sure about. I don't think he'll ever surpass his Soph. season with the talent he has around him, so it might be smart for him to get out now while he's still a Day 1 pick.

Hey Boomer, what are your Opinions on Tye Hill. I know the usual hes small and whatnot, but do you think he could be good in the NFL? If so, what round will he go in?

Canadi-Phin said:
They could be very good undrafted FAs considering they are from Miami. Hester will be lucky if he gets taken in the 6th round. Sure he can return but what else can he do? His covering skills are very average at the college level. Unlimited potential because of his speed but I can't believ he'd come out. He'd be better to take the summer and train at becoming a better corner. Moore could be a good pick in the 5th round or later. He has the talent but the desire always seemed to be in question. Atkins is a pretty good player. Seems like a weird lot to annouce, they would all do better with an extra year in Uni.

Moore could be a player, but he has maturity and concentration issues. Hester will go on day 1 because of his ability to change field position as a return man. But as a corner.......uh huh. Not a dream that he's a starting CB in the NFL.

Atkins could have done with the extra year, but he can play.

HurriPhinFan said:
Hey Boomer, what are your Opinions on Tye Hill. I know the usual hes small and whatnot, but do you think he could be good in the NFL? If so, what round will he go in?

Hill's a good player who should go in the top 60. Some people say 1st round, but I think second as his size hinders him. But he can play.

Not a Miami player though

Back
Top Bottom