Omar Jacobs, Devin Hester, etc to Declare | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Omar Jacobs, Devin Hester, etc to Declare

raekwon, u need to stop hyping Omar Jacobs. Yea he's had half-way decent stats but he should not be coming out this draft. He lacks arm strength and still makes some very poor decisions. The guy is definitely a great athlete but another year of college ball is needed. It will help him develop and tone the necessary skills to play on a professional level.

Boomer said:
Or reaching for a QB when you could grab yourself an instant starter at LB which is what AJ and Chad are.

You're right, REACHING for Jacobs in the first round would be a horrible mistake.

Boomer said:
According to sources, Bowling Green QB Omar Jacobs is to declare. Huge mistake IMO. AWFUL mechanically, he had a mediocre season and could have done with staying at BG.

In what looks like a bad day for Miami U, Devin Hester, Baraka Atkins and WR Ryan Moore are all set to jump. Moore has been in and out, but apparently its a done deal. Hester is concerned that he won't win a starters CB job and isn't sure what sort of role he'll play on offense. Moore looked a future high 1st rounder as a freshman, but has struggled; Hester could be the most overrated player in the entire selection meeting. Sick return skills, very average coverman. I think he's in for a real shock come draft day.

Anyway, thought I'd pass it along.
Boom.

Hester's going Day 1 based on the fact that he's just a return man, round 3 at least or maybe at best, whichever way you want to look at it. His speed is enough. And don't be surprised if Hester comes to Miami. We need speed like that in our return game. Furthermore, Saban loves big corners and doesn't necessarily ask them to press that much, again his speed in terms of acceleration and reaction would work here too because we play zone.

P.S. you can coach this kid, any team would take him in the third and one of the Super Bowl participants might take him in the second. He’s a project in the fashion of Manuel Wright, with big play potential once the balls in his hand.

moore and hester should stay...moore came on well and the end of the season but i dunno if he will even be a first day pick...and hester? damn, thats not good...he could use the time to become a quality player on the offensive side...3rd rder for hester?

blackthought said:
Hester's going Day 1 based on the fact that he's just a return man, round 3 at least or maybe at best, whichever way you want to look at it. His speed is enough. And don't be surprised if Hester comes to Miami. We need speed like that in our return game. Furthermore, Saban loves big corners and doesn't necessarily ask them to press that much, again his speed in terms of acceleration and reaction would work here too because we play zone.

P.S. you can coach this kid, any team would take him in the third and one of the Super Bowl participants might take him in the second. He’s a project in the fashion of Manuel Wright, with big play potential once the balls in his hand.

The fact that he's a mediocre cover corner who can't win a starting job for next season means more to me than anything. I agree that he'll go on day 1, but SOLELY for his return skills

Boomer, I don't see any of these guys even sniffing the first round unless Atkins can really impress in workouts. This is really baffling to me. Where do you see these guys going and if Croyle and Jacobs are sitting there later on who do you take?

Boomer said:
Young will leave but shouldn't, Quinn will stay.

Jacobs WILL NOT be Miami's 1st round pick.

Nailed it on the head. Young will leave, Quinn should stay and will stay and will the #1 pick in the 2007 NFL draft.

Adam First said:
Devin Hester will fail in the NFL.

Think again. Hester's physical talents mirror the NFL game. Speed on speed, don't touch the WR. Hester is quick at reacting to the ball, and is probably one of the fastest at doing that. Couple that with the fact that he's a return man, he can't fail. Listen someone will coach him up enough to at least make a roster, will he ever get paid the amount of money he deserves for his skill set? Only time will tell. FS wouldn't be a bad position for him either, his speed will make up for his lack of recognition in his early years and eventually he'll learn the position.

blackthought said:
Think again. Hester's physical talents mirror the NFL game. Speed on speed, don't touch the WR. Hester is quick at reacting to the ball, and is probably one of the fastest at doing that. Couple that with the fact that he's a return man, he can't fail. Listen someone will coach him up enough to at least make a roster, will he ever get paid the amount of money he deserves for his skill set? Only time will tell. FS wouldn't be a bad position for him either, his speed will make up for his lack of recognition in his early years and eventually he'll learn the position.
I love Hester, but I have to agree that he will never be a starter. He has some of the best athleticism I have ever seen, but he just doesnt have great cover skills. I know he tied for the lead in INTs a couple of years ago, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. He tied with Threat and neither of them started for the Canes this year. There is a reason why he wasn't a starter and Marcus Maxey was.

Interesting question on Brodie and Jacobs. I like Brodie, but I don't think he's going to get a great deal better. Good player, but his ability to improve hugely is less than Jacobs whose upside is large, but who has further to go. So with that in mid, I'd take Jacobs I think.

Moore - could go on day 1 if he works really well, but probably day 2, Hester in 3 because of his return skills, Atkins, probably/possibly/maybe day 1.

Jacobs mechanics are horrible, but did someone say he doesn't have good arm strength :shakeno:

Boomer said:
Or reaching for a QB when you could grab yourself an instant starter at LB which is what AJ and Chad are.

What do you think about grabbing D'qwell Jackson out of Maryland. His stock has fallen maybe enough to snatch him in the second round. I've watched this kid for the past 4 years and he was/is better then Shawn Merriman who will most likely win Defensive rookie of the year.

Outrider01 said:
What do you think about grabbing D'qwell Jackson out of Maryland. His stock has fallen maybe enough to snatch him in the second round. I've watched this kid for the past 4 years and he was/is better then Shawn Merriman who will most likely win Defensive rookie of the year.

Super player, but he might be a bit small for us.

Raekwon The Che said:
Jacobs would have all that time to develop and he'll just have to work on his throwing mechanics. It can be changed...

Throwing for over 3000yards, 30TDs and 7INTs are mediocre?

first of all i would definately take jacobs rather than leinart.im just gonna get that straight.jacobs could be awsome in our offense with brown and williams and then cc and possibly a wide in the draft.our o-line is good so he wont have it bad.i wouyld take him.:dolphins::dolphins:

Adam First said:
Devin Hester will fail in the NFL.

nah i think he will be good in the special teams game right when he gets in the nfl. but i think hes a perfect slot corner,if you give him a few years he could be a starter:dolphins:

Back
Top Bottom