Omnis's Mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Omnis's Mock

MP-Omnis

Just don't blow it!
Reaction score
I want to join in the fun too. I'll try to do a full 7 rounds with free agency. No idea if the cap numbers would work. Also no idea how plausible some of these picks will be regarding whether they'd still be available. I tried looking a whole bunch of mock drafts from popular websites and analysts to get a feel for where they think players will go. I see a lot of mocks on this board and am just thinking there's no way some of those guys will be available. In fact, the only guys I see that would be available and worthwhile are Zack Martin and Calvin Pryor. I think it's going to come down to those two guys. If it weren't for our piss poor o-line I'd say go for Calvin, but, alas, I don't think free agency is going to be enough to help us in that area long/mid-term.

Free Agency
  • Priority: Do your best to solve O-line problems. Bring in Brandon Albert/Eugene Monroe/Donald Penn (if cut). Also, Collins, Veldheer, and, hell, even Oher. Two of those guys will do. There is no way we should exit free agency without a line that can cut last year's sack total down by 20. Can't hurt to throw an offer at Alex Mack too. Move Pouncey to right guard and save some headaches.
  • Sign Toby Gerhart or Ben Tate. Daniel Thomas must go.
  • For the love of god, re-sign Grimes.
  • Go get TJ Ward. If we can't get Calvin Pryor in the draft (because we have to draft Zack Martin), get someone you know can at least lay the wood over the middle and stuff the run at the flanks. Since they didn't extend Chris Clemons, this must be what they're going for. Otherwise, Delmas?
  • Try to sign D. Patterson on the cheap. Re-structure/incentivize his contract. Set up a santeria shrine for Will Davis and Jamar Taylor to bless them with good juju in case Patterson breaks down again.
  • Try to sign Paul Soliai. Don't break the bank. Let Starks get paid by someone else.
  • Am I missing anything? I think that's it.

Now for the fun part...

Draft

1. (19) -- OT Zack Martin: Bullygate really forced this pick. Get tackles in free agency and stick him at left guard for the next decade. And don't deal with psychotic bro-tards ever again.
  2. (50) -- DT DaQuan Jones: Replaces Randy Starks. Soliai can play 1st down and we can trot out Penn State to hold down the middle on passing downs. Also gives us versatility to be able to run a 3-4 with Soliai at NT flanked by Odrick and Jones at DE.
  3. (81) -- LB Shayne Skov: Stock seems to have fallen a bit. I still think he's a great player. If we can get him in the 3rd I'd be happy. Linebackers have been the achilles heel of our defense against the run. Skov solves the carwash defense problem. Dump Wheeler.
  4. (112) -- RB Charles Sims: Was kind of skeptical but he runs authoritatively and with great vision. He's also fast as hell, can run routes and catch, and is 6 feet tall. Needs to run lower and with more power and I think he'd be a good pick. There is a lot of RB talent here though. Might even draft CJ from round 5 here at 112. Goodbye Thigpen.
  5. (143) -- TE CJ Fiedorowicz: Huge, athletic TE. Good kid, interviewed with the team already. Could be Jason Witten at best; Joey Haynos at worst.
  6. (174) -- WR Bruce Ellington: Strong hands, runs hard and fast. Undersized, but I like what I see in him... certainly enough to comfortably jettison Marlon Moore.
  7. (211) -- TE Ted Bolser: Strong, athletic, not as big as CJ but not a puss either. Solid on special teams. Pack your things, Egnew.

Last edited by a moderator:
i like your offseason plan but I'm not liking the draft so much, I feel like the draft is so deep at ol that we have to go playmaker in the first round. We're right at the edge of the elite talent so i say just see who falls and take the best skill player on the board regardless of position in the first round.

Yeah, I kind of have an alternate Calvin Pryor-based mock in mind. I don't think at 19 that we're in a position to land any other superstar-type skill players. A ferrari gets you laid but a tractor gets you fed. We have some big problems on both sides of the ball. I'll come back to this after free agency for sure. That's probably a bigger deal for the team than the draft is at this point. And it's not really a thing to do trades in a mock... Otherwise you'd trade everything this and next year for Clowney and everyone else you like.

A ferrari gets you laid but a tractor gets you fed.
I've never heard that, laughed my ass off. If clinton-dix, mosley, or ebron fall to us we better take one of them, otherwise i'm interested in trading down a bit if possible. Like you said, we have so many needs, if we aren't getting a skill player trade down and stockpile picks to take advantage of the deep ol in this draft.

Back
Top Bottom