One Point | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

One Point

IceDolphin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you guys have ever asked this question or not, but many people do not know this little NFL rule.......

How can a team score one point (and I don't mean an extra point after a touchdown)?

Originally posted by IceDolphin
I'm not sure if you guys have ever asked this question or not, but many people do not know this little NFL rule.......

How can a team score one point (and I don't mean an extra point after a touchdown)?
I have no idea since for forfeit the score is 2-0

How about if they block an extra point and return it across the opposite goal line?

hmm, i wasnt really sure what the answer to the question was, so i will go with my original guess (though it is probably wrong). Safety on extra point attempt?

Originally posted by relive1972
How about if they block an extra point and return it across the opposite goal line?

You are correct!.....The extra point must be blocked and caught in the air (it can not hit the ground) and ran back to the opposite end. This is the strangest rule in the NFL.....if this ever happens hopefully the guy that makes the play knows that he's better off going down at the one yard line and getting the offence in there to scrore.

where do u see that rule :confused:

Originally posted by IceDolphin

This is the strangest rule in the NFL.....if this ever happens hopefully the guy that makes the play knows that he's better off going down at the one yard line and getting the offence in there to scrore.

If this rule really exists, the guy that returns the blocked PAT would not be better off going down at the 1, since this is only an extra point attempt that only consists of one play. The next play would be the team that attempted the PAT kicking off, unless it was the last play of a half.

Back
Top Bottom