One thing Tannehill and Dan the Man definitely have in common...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by SkapePhin, Oct 10, 2012.

1. SkapePhin

SkapePhin Rump Shaker Finheaven VIP Donator

ENDORSEMENTS!

Look at his last 2 tweets, lol.

https://twitter.com/ryantannehill1

How long before he is hocking Isotoners!?

[video=youtube;8YMgAxF39oA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YMgAxF39oA[/video]

[​IMG]

2. GoonBoss

GoonBoss Finheaven Templar Super Donator Donator

Guess it's lost on those of us who don't give a crap what people say on Twitter :brewskis:

3. alex9249

alex9249 Rookie

That and tannehill will win a superbowl for the phins ooooooohhh yeaaaa

4. The Tannehills Have Eyes

The Tannehills Have Eyes A True Fan

lol at brian hartline reply

5. BigCityCat

BigCityCat Scout Team

I know a lot of Dolphin fans want to find some similarities between the two but they are not even close in comparison. First Dan wasn't mobile at all. Dan really wasn't much of an athlete. Dan was fiercely competitive and wore his emotions on his sleeve. Ryan has a very calm demeanor on the outside. He may have the same competitive fire but you don't see it in his actions. I know he is a rookie. Maybe he will grow into that roll but he doesn't strike me as an emotional player at all. They both have strong arms. I'm not sure if Ryan has as quick of a release as Dan either. I really don't see the comparison. I think Ryan is closer to a Brette Farve imho.

6. alex9249

alex9249 Rookie

Farvre? What makes you say that?

7. GoonBoss

GoonBoss Finheaven Templar Super Donator Donator

Farve was as emotional as they come.

8. The Tannehills Have Eyes

The Tannehills Have Eyes A True Fan

You completely butchered his name but no they are not similar in their game either Brett Favre wasn't much of athlete either and are not really the same in terms of physical attributes other then a good arm like Dan. Literally I can make more of case for dan than favre I don't see anything that could remind me of him

9. alex9249

alex9249 Rookie

Yea but farve to me was a gunslinger and was not much of a precision passer

10. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

To be fair is there a single player in the nfl without endorsements? It does amuse me that Tannehill only uses twitter for sponsorship ... At least hes open about it

11. PorrotheDolfan

PorrotheDolfan Die Hard Fan

He's Dan Marino damn it!!!

12. ojmcduffy

ojmcduffy Seasoned Veteran

Tanny needs to do some endorsements. He has to buy new furniture for luaren. You saw that flimsy table they got. The workmanship is shotty at best. The mans got bills to pay.

13. dahlmarino

dahlmarino Hating The Jets With A Passion Since '84

I never understood why the quarterback of a South Florida franchise was a good spokesperson for winter gloves.

14. dahlmarino

dahlmarino Hating The Jets With A Passion Since '84

Swagger. That's what they have in common.

15. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Its actually untrue to say that Marino was not a good athlete he just wasnt a runner and was not ultra fast but he was a good enough athlete to be strong in football and baseball.
    No one has as quick of a release as marino , friggin amazing.

16. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

17. Pinkboy

Pinkboy Banned Hammered

hopefully they won't have the lack of super bowl titles in common

18. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Lets not even mention that. Regardless of superbowls though I think Dan marino was the greatest qb to ever play the game. Qb's get too much blame and too much praise in the NFL for winning it all.

19. CallMeDaddy

CallMeDaddy CMD Finheaven VIP

That's not right to say. There's different types of mobile. You could be mobile like Fran Tarkenton or Romo and run around and keep the play alive, eluding defenders and having a keen eye for getting the ball off to an open receiver at the last second, or you could be mobile Like Marino, not fast, he's not going to outrun a lot of people. But there are not a lot of QB's better than Marino at stepping/sliding away from a sack, re-setting his feet, and firing a laser for a TD. Marino could just feel the pocket in a way, he was able to sense pressure and avoid it by using his feet, not running away, but doing the little moves that were just enough. Marino used to avoid sacks by kind of just slightly sliding to the left and pushing the defender out of the way with his left arm and then buy himself an extra couple of seconds to find an open man.

So, while Marino wasn't exactly Fran Tarkenton he was still a mobile QB.

And also, I don't think it's a very good thing for Tannehill to show his emotions so early in his career. While whenever Marino did it he looked like a leader and someone who loves the game, he was an elite QB after his 2nd year and people respected him. If you try to show your emotions without respect, you turn into a ******** like Philip Rivers or Ryan Leaf.

20. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Marino had the best pocket awareness I have ever seen, he made his oline look much better than they were. How many times did most of us see a guy coming from his backside and he just stepped up

21. CallMeDaddy

CallMeDaddy CMD Finheaven VIP

Definitely. I think he's one of the few players that could just awe you without having to have amazing athletic ability. The way he stepped out of easy sacks and fired bullets with the quickest release probably ever for a QB was just amazing.

22. BigCityCat

BigCityCat Scout Team

Of course Marino was great in the pocket. I just don't see the comparison. I hope to see a little more fire out of Ryan later in the season as he improves. I do wonder if he has that in his personality. He just seems very composed right now. Not a bad thing. Just wondering if it is who he is and if we will see him fired up at some point.

23. Penthos

Penthos Am I on speaker phone?

Blasphemy! Farve was a hack! The rich-man's Tony Romo.

1. While Dan didn't have anywhere near the footspeed of RT, he was very evasive in the pocket. He was a master of stepping up to buy time. Something which WE HAVE seen a bit from RT already.

2. To say that Dan was firey and wore his emotions on his sleeve and Ryan isn't and doesn't is ridiculous. He's played 5 pro games, you have NO IDEA what his demeanor will be like once he is an established pro.

3. I grew up watching Dan Marino and in all honestly, RT reminds me A LOT of Marino. They both have strong accurate arms, very quick releases and good pocket awareness. And lets not forget one of the most important traits of a franchise QB, POISE. Dan had it in spades and after what we've seen, RT clearly does too.

I see two fairly big differences; the afore mentioned foot speed, which is a plus, and that Tannehill seems to be more of a football bookworm and filmrat than Marino was, I could be wrong about that. In the end, I'm not saying RT is the next Dan Marino, but I'm also not saying he isn't the next Dan Marino either. From what my eyes are telling me, the sky is the limit with this kid.