One, Two, Three Quarterback! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

One, Two, Three Quarterback!

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
With the New York Jets moving up to #3 after the recent trade with the Colts, it looks like almost a certainty that quarterbacks will go one, two three in the draft.

There was talk on Sirius Radio about the Jets maybe targeting Chubbs. Chubbs is great, but that organization has been looking for a quarterback for a long, long time. The Jets will take a quarterback.

There's no way IMO that Cleveland doesn't take a quarterback number one overall, they've already missed on quite a few in recent years (Watson, Wentz). They can't pass on another.

The New York Giants? Well, Eli Manning probably has a few years left, but when will they get an opportunity to pick that high again in a draft that has talent at the quarterback position? It's got to be a quarterback there.

That leaves Denver at #5, Buffalo and #12 and potentially Miami at #11 looking to get that fourth guy, whoever that may be. Buffalo has a lot of chips to deal up. The Broncos could swap with the Browns guaranteeing that Cleveland gets Barkley if that their target or Chubbs.

Also means guys like Mason Rudolph (I like him a lot) and Lamar Jackson could go higher than expected. Arizona likely will be looking at one of these guys in round one.

For the Dolphins, maybe that means skipping on a top quarterback this year and instead looking at one of the developmental guys in the mid rounds. It could mean some real talent drops to #11.

Talent will be there

Edmunds or James

Maybe Fitzpatrick. Could see Smith as then pick.. if Edmunds / James are gone, ideally i would trade down and hope to get LVE

I'm thinkin" more and more the real value play for us is to trade down -- of course contingent on the opportunity being there. For me no prob with the early mid 20s (LB) as long as we get some juicy comp like an additional 2nd a 3rd 2018.

Nobody has any idea what is going to happen. Browns may pass on a qb all together. I think the jets trade only means that they are drafting a qb. There are four, possibly five qbs going early. One or two will be available at 11 100%

If we stay at 11 get ready for the pick to be Vea.

I think that's a strong possibility. Unless the organization sees more in Phillips than I do, there is definitely a big need at DT.

The question might come down to what the team feels it can get if they go DT, LB in rounds one and two, or linebacker, DT in rounds one and two. In other words, what scenario gives them the better duo? Then again, Miami needs a tight end really early and I think 2nd round is where it's at for that position.

I'd hate to see Miami left out on the top linebackers again. I think I'd rather take my chances being left out at DT.

Nobody has any idea what is going to happen. Browns may pass on a qb all together. I think the jets trade only means that they are drafting a qb. There are four, possibly five qbs going early. One or two will be available at 11 100%

The Browns might pass at #1 and pick a qb at #4, but I really would say 99 percent that Cleveland goes qb first overall.

I don't think any of the top four quarterbacks will be there at #11, but I've been wrong before. I do wonder what teams will take the chance on Jackson and Rudolph. That #11 pick seems too high for both IMO.

Ya I have a feeling that’s almost a mathematical certainty with our front office. We desperately need linebacker help but we’ll reach for a dt.

If Mayfield or Rosen isn't there, then I'm taking Roquan Smith, Tremaine Edmunds, or Derwin James. 3 QBs in the top 10 pushes at least one of them. 4 QBs might push all three. Really think James is there regardless and he's gonna be tough to pass on. I know they love Roquan Smith though.

I'm good with those five prospects. Anyone else and I send it back.

If Mayfield or Rosen isn't there, then I'm taking Roquan Smith, Tremaine Edmunds, or Derwin James. 3 QBs in the top 10 pushes at least one of them. 4 QBs might push all three. Really think James is there regardless and he's gonna be tough to pass on. I know they love Roquan Smith though.

I'm good with those five prospects. Anyone else and I send it back.

Plus, I could see SF or Chicago taking Calvin Ridley. Both teams needs help at wide receiver and even though he didn't have a great combine, Ridley is likely top 15 worthy.

I'm thinkin" more and more the real value play for us is to trade down -- of course contingent on the opportunity being there. For me no prob with the early mid 20s (LB) as long as we get some juicy comp like an additional 2nd a 3rd 2018.

I think trading back would lose value this year. These QBs are going earlier than their true value. So the closer our pick is to the run on QBs, the higher value our pick has. If picks 1-3 are QBs, we effectively get the 8th best player at #11 thanks to teams reaching for need. If we trade back to, say #25, and those 3 QBs actual value is in the teens and early 20s, then we're getting the 25th best player at #25.

I still think the Giants will get an unbelievable trade request they cannot pass on and they slide out of the 2nd spot. I think the first 3 picks will be QB then Cleveland can take the RB at 4.

Back
Top Bottom