Only DE's worth #12 pick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Only DE's worth #12 pick

I'm very high on Alex Okafor out of Texas. I think he'd be a great pick in the second round, if he lasts that far. He's very well spoken and is a solid, versatile player. He has experience playing every position on the defensive line and he can most definitely get after the quarterback. Not only that, he's pretty good at stopping the run as well. He'd be able to come in right away and start.

Daniel Jeremiah just said no way Ansah is there in 10-15 range..........

Sensationalism bro... he really said he spoke to a team picking 15 to 20 and they said he wont be there.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

We have a 'Bjorn Warner' in Odrick, why waste a pick ?

Not a great comparison at all IMO. Werner is a traditional 4-3 end while Odrick is a 4-3 dt first, followed by a 3-4 de and is versatile enough to play 4-3 DE.

Not a great comparison at all IMO. Werner is a traditional 4-3 end while Odrick is a 4-3 dt first, followed by a 3-4 de and is versatile enough to play 4-3 DE.
Odrick doesn't get enough credit on here.. He is very solid against the run and in nickel what we play over 50% of the game anyway he is a DT...... A 20lb lighter Odrick will bring in 7-10 sacks... The question is, is Vernon good enough to keep his job as Starting Nickel DE

If Jordan is there at 12, i would take him over any wr. I'm not a fan of Ansah. He doesn't have good stamina, he's inconsistent and he gives up on plays...ALOT. he's only so high because of his size and athleticism but this guy has bust written all over him. Who's that guy the jets drafted a few years back? Thats him all over again.

I don't agree with you at all on this assessment. The guy is raw as can be (didn't even start a full ncaa season) but I never saw a lack of stamina or drive. I attended every home game and quite a few away games and I would say he was the opposite and quite consistent. He's only going to get better and better as he figures out the game. This doesn't mean he's worth a 12 overall pick

Odrick doesn't get enough credit on here.. He is very solid against the run and in nickel what we play over 50% of the game anyway he is a DT...... A 20lb lighter Odrick will bring in 7-10 sacks... The question is, is Vernon good enough to keep his job as Starting Nickel DE

I think it speaks well of Jared Odrick that people feel they can let a solid DT like Randy Starks walk because there is a confidence that Odrick could step in and fill his shoes without much of, if any drop off. His best position is at 4-3 DT and if you kick him inside and bring in a solid 4-3 DE like Werner . . . you have improved your defense IMO.

When speaking on DE's in this draft, it isn't a great conversation unless Werner is in it. These freaky athletes are there every year . . . sometimes its good just to have solid and consistent and Werner gives you that. Zach Thomas wasn't a superstar athlete . . . but he was solid and consistent and put up a borderline HOF career. I'll take some of that at every position.

Werner got owned by the RT for the Canes. Pass in the 1st. Mingo is only 240# and may be too small for a DE?

Ezekiel Ansah BYU
Dion Jordan Oregon
No Damontre Moore? He's arguably THE best player in this draft. AT least you didn't say Werner, he's not even a 1st rounder IMO.

I like Mingo as well, and I'm gonna tell u right now, don't be surprised if Margus Hunt starts getting buzz as a top 20 pick. The kid's athleticism is off the charts.

But it doesn't translate to the field for Hunt

No Damontre Moore? He's arguably THE best player in this draft. AT least you didn't say Werner, he's not even a 1st rounder IMO.

You're being sarcastic right?

12 reps at 225lbs though?

I'm 43, 6'0 - 192lbs and I can throw up 225 13 times.

Kid is either lazy, weak, or just didn't give a **** about his draft status. No way a big man like that should have 12 reps.

Werner got owned by the RT for the Canes. Pass in the 1st. Mingo is only 240# and may be too small for a DE?

So Mike Mayock says something about Seantrell Henderson keeping Werner in check and now he's a nobody? Truth is, Seantrell is one of the most talented OT's in college football . . . he was the #1 recruit coming out of high school a few years ago and he is inconsistent as hell . . . but he has the ability. Nobody is saying Werner is Demarcus Ware . . . but when speaking on DE's in this class he needs to be in the conversation and IMO he's worth the 12 pick in this draft. You are getting a day one starter opposite of Cam Wake if he gets drafted . . . a 3 down guy who can hold up against the run and give you 8 to 10 sacks early in his career. Sure maybe the upside isn't as high as Ziggy or Margus Hunt . . . but those guys aren't the football player Werner is now and there are no guarantees they ever will be.

Back
Top Bottom