OPINION: If Tunsil not at 13, we would of went with Shaq Lawson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OPINION: If Tunsil not at 13, we would of went with Shaq Lawson

yoge

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
There were rumors Tannenbaum was head over heals for Shaq Lawson. Good thing that scandal happened with Tunsil.

There were rumors Tannenbaum was head over heals for Shaq Lawson. Good thing that scandal happened with Tunsil.

And Lawson is having shoulder surgery and will be on the PUP list. Pretty pleased with the Tunsil pick.

They would have taken Myles Jack according to reports. Which I would have been okay with. Shaq Lawson would have been a terrible pick even if he had no injury concerns. He was my nightmare scenario pick for the Dolphins. I just do not see him being a good enough athlete to be a great player in the NFL. Now on top of that, being a player whose game is so dependent on power, he has a shoulder injury. I couldn't be happier that the Bills made him their first round pick.

They would have taken Myles Jack according to reports. Which I would have been okay with. Shaq Lawson would have been a terrible pick even if he had no injury concerns. He was my nightmare scenario pick for the Dolphins. I just do not see him being a good enough athlete to be a great player in the NFL. Now on top of that, being a player whose game is so dependent on power, he has a shoulder injury. I couldn't be happier that the Bills made him their first round pick.
I'm not necessarily sure they would have taken Myles Jack. I don't think any team had any plans to take Jack in the first, hence the reason why he fell so far. I don't believe that him personally saying he may need microfracture a few days before the draft had anything to do with his fall. I think teams knew all along he wasn't worth a first round pick. If we viewed him as that, we sure as hell would have made more of an effort to trade up into the 2nd to pick him.

I'm not necessarily sure they would have taken Myles Jack. I don't think any team had any plans to take Jack in the first, hence the reason why he fell so far. I don't believe that him personally saying he may need microfracture a few days before the draft had anything to do with his fall. I think teams knew all along he wasn't worth a first round pick. If we viewed him as that, we sure as hell would have made more of an effort to trade up into the 2nd to pick him.

If it wasn't for the injury questions Jack was an absolute lock to have been a top ten pick. Word was Miami would have taken Jack at 13 if Tunsil was not there and that they were trying hard to move up in the second round to draft him.

Totally agree with you. I think it would have come down to Myles Jack or William Jackson III at #13, but not Lawson.

I actually do like Lawson, but I also don't see him becoming a big-time pass rusher. I think his contributions will be in the running game mostly with maybe 3-5 sacks a year. Not a bad player, just not elite.

great post. I think corner and DE were too diluted here. anything else could have been a reach

if apple was there at 13 and tunsil was gone they would have took apple and then they would have traded up in round 2 for myles jack

jack isn't a dolphin right now because they forced a corner in round 2

Doubt it, but does not matter, we ended up getting the price of this draft.

Back
Top Bottom