Opinion: Tannenbaum is worse than Jeff Ireland | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Opinion: Tannenbaum is worse than Jeff Ireland

randomname

Active Roster
Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again, and a bunch of people will probably disagree with me again.

But hear me out.

At least with Jeff Ireland we had hope. Every year we would have the chance to improve the team. Sign free agents. Bring in draft picks. Sure, Jeff Ireland screwed the pooch every time when it came to picking those free agents and draft picks, but at least there was always a shot he would hit the jackpot and actually pick good players and then we'd have a good team.

Tannenbaum doesn't give you that. Not only does he pick bad players, he also mortgages the furture for them, and throws the team into cap hell in doing so. Trading up draft picks, trading away draft picks, giving out ridiculous contracts because hey, it's not his money!

Yeah, the Dolphins will probably look better for the rest of the season than they did today, because it's damn near impossible to look any worse. But next season? Next season will not be an improvement over this season. We are going to lose some of the few good, young players we have found, and we will have to replace them with scraps. The 2018 Dolphins will almost definitely be worse than the 2017 Dolphins.

There's no hope.
No optimism.
No looking to the future.
And the longer Tannenbaum gets, the deeper he will dig this team into a hole.

Money and Picks... all wasted for NOTHING

Dion Jordan

You forget. This game was bad. This season so far is bad.

This is not worse. And there is still hope, much hope.

I'll take Gase over Failbin any day of the week and twice on Sunday. I'll take Tannenbaum over Ireland any day ending in Y.

I never thought I'd say this, but this team needs Dawn Aponte. Her cap management skills were amongst the best in the business. Ireland blew all those picks and all that money. Now we have Tannenbaum, who spends like he's an ATM and trades picks like they're going out of style. The Dolphins are screwed either way.

I don't think he's worse but I don't think he's much if an improvement either. But with that being said, Timmons going crazy and Raekwon/Larsen/Tannehill/Lippett injuries have destroyed the talent level and depth on this team.

Money and Picks... all wasted for NOTHING

Dion Jordan

You forget. This game was bad. This season so far is bad.

This is not worse. And there is still hope, much hope.

I'll take Gase over Failbin any day of the week and twice on Sunday. I'll take Tannenbaum over Ireland any day ending in Y.

Hope for what? The #1 pick? I guess we do have that loss against the Jets so theoretically we're in the running.

I'll take Gase over Philbin too, but he's not looking to hot, and it'll take a miracle worker to win with a Tannenbaum-run team.

A bit of an over reaction on upset weekend in the NFL.

Overreaction? Nah, I despise Tannenbaum, I have ever since we hired him. Back when we had Jeff Ireland I would console myself with "AT LEAST WE AREN'T THE JETS! AT LEAST WE DON'T HAVE TANNENBAUM!" Then Ross went Alzheimers on us and brought him here. The guy is a conman who ruins teams and leaves them in a hole that takes years to dig out. We will never win with him here.

Tannenbaum was horrible in NY and so far hasn't been much better here. He left the Jets in cap hell and has us on the doorstep. He just gave up a 5th for a guy that was sitting the bench and injured. He gave a DT QB money and our run d has gotten worse. We drafted a DE when it was painfully obvious we needed multiple LBs and OL. He's all about getting his fat puss in front of the camera in the offseason trying to make the splashy moves. Expecting him to be different here is being naive. We are entering cap hell with a lousy roster.

Ireland sucked

Anyone who selects a RT in the first round also sucks

Tannebaum hands down over that

Bro, Tannenbaum is not good...but Jeff Ireland may have been the worst GM in league history.

He not only made EVERY wrong move, he presided over more scandals on this team that all of its previous years combined (and in the case of Dez Bryant and Tony Sparano, was solely responsible for them).

Thats not to say Tannenbaum can't get to that level (there is still time), but Ireland is on another level. He is "cheat code" level of suck.

Edit: I will also add that the Ryan Tannehill selection was his only option at their pick after Ross pressured him to take a QB AND he got vetoed for wanting to trade up for RGIII prior to that.

No doubt Tannenbaum is worse than Ireland, however, today's loss was all coaching. Maybe some better players could have saved the poor coaching we had, but we had more talent today and we still lost. That's coaching.

This thread is jets fan trolling for dolphins tears gold.

Can we try not to forget what this team has been trough the past few months and maybe hit the brakes on throwing the season in the dumpster? We've played two games. Let them hit their stride for God's sake.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, and a bunch of people will probably disagree with me again.

But hear me out.

At least with Jeff Ireland we had hope. Every year we would have the chance to improve the team. Sign free agents. Bring in draft picks. Sure, Jeff Ireland screwed the pooch every time when it came to picking those free agents and draft picks, but at least there was always a shot he would hit the jackpot and actually pick good players and then we'd have a good team.

Tannenbaum doesn't give you that. Not only does he pick bad players, he also mortgages the furture for them, and throws the team into cap hell in doing so. Trading up draft picks, trading away draft picks, giving out ridiculous contracts because hey, it's not his money!

Yeah, the Dolphins will probably look better for the rest of the season than they did today, because it's damn near impossible to look any worse. But next season? Next season will not be an improvement over this season. We are going to lose some of the few good, young players we have found, and we will have to replace them with scraps. The 2018 Dolphins will almost definitely be worse than the 2017 Dolphins.

There's no hope.
No optimism.
No looking to the future.
And the longer Tannenbaum gets, the deeper he will dig this team into a hole.

Ireland absolutely sucked. You had a bad batch of member berries.

Tannenbaum is bad but Ireland prolly had the worst offseason ,between the draft and free agency , in the history of the franchise. Like a boss

Jeff Ireland set the bar for suck. No one will come close it our lifetimes.
Indeed "like a boss"! Would have liked your comment 1000 times if I could for that reference.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom