Opinions from people in Florida | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Opinions from people in Florida

Super_Duper85

Deep Threat
Reaction score
I am A Dolphins fan from Kentucky and I read the Herald, Sentinel, etc online to get my info (as well as FInheaven :)). Is it my imagination, or are those papers fairly negative about the Dolphins all the time. I know our team needs to get back to the playoffs and past the second round, but we have a huge streak of winning seasons. Isn't it better to have the consitancy we had than to go 3-13 half the time? I know it is heartbreaking to sit through a December meltdown, but I can't imagine sitting through a losing season. There has only been one (6-10 in the 80's) since I've been following them.

Super_Duper85 said:
I am A Dolphins fan from Kentucky and I read the Herald, Sentinel, etc online to get my info (as well as FInheaven :)). Is it my imagination, or are those papers fairly negative about the Dolphins all the time. I know our team needs to get back to the playoffs and past the second round, but we have a huge streak of winning seasons. Isn't it better to have the consitancy we had than to go 3-13 half the time? I know it is heartbreaking to sit through a December meltdown, but I can't imagine sitting through a losing season. There has only been one (6-10 in the 80's) since I've been following them.
No, personally I''ll take a 13-3 and a Superbowl plus a down year versus a 9-7 and 10-6 season and no playoffs or first round elimination.

This game is about winning championships not being a consistently fringe playoff team.:shakeno:

Value Meal #1, and Supersize it.

BlueFin said:
No, personally I''ll take a 13-3 and a Superbowl plus a down year versus a 9-7 and 10-6 season and no playoffs or first round elimination.

This game is about winning championships not being a consistently fringe playoff team.:shakeno:

The problem is you don't get to make that deal. There ins't a store you get to go to and say "I'd like to trade 2 losing seasons for a Superbowl, please. Oh, and can I get fries with that?'

While some teams have used their losing seasons to collect high value draft picks, these picks have not always lead to winners. Instead, Miami is competative every season (and yes, I count the last two years when we were in most games, and in the playoff hunt most of the year) and has a shot at the post-season and the superbowl.

You have to be in it to win it. You have examples of teams like the Bengals that have had high draft picks for a decade and nothing to show for it.

Besides, this list self-destructs at a 10-6 season. Can you IMAGINE the rancor at 3-13?

Last edited by a moderator:
xiidaen said:
The problem is you don't get to make that deal. There ins't a store you get to go to and say "I'd like to trade 2 losing seasons a Superbowl, please. Oh, and can I get fries with that?'

While some teams have used thier losing seasons to collect high value draft picks, these picks have not always lead to winners. Instead, Miami is competative every season (and yes, I count the last two years when we were in most games, and in the playoff hunt most of the year) and has a shot at the post-season and the superbowl.

You have to be in it to win it. You have examples of teams like the Bengals that have had high draft picks for a decade and nothing to show for it.

Besides, this list self-destructs at a 10-6 season. Can you IMAGINE the rancor at 3-13?

well said :up:

xiidaen said:
The problem is you don't get to make that deal. There ins't a store you get to go to and say "I'd like to trade 2 losing seasons a Superbowl, please. Oh, and can I get fries with that?'

While some teams have used thier losing seasons to collect high value draft picks, these picks have not always lead to winners. Instead, Miami is competative every season (and yes, I count the last two years when we were in most games, and in the playoff hunt most of the year) and has a shot at the post-season and the superbowl.

Who said there was? The man asked a question and I answered, and NO, we haven't been a legitmate Superbowl contender since at least 93'.

Again, the question was would you rather be consistently a fringe playoff team who gets eliminated early, which by the way he further defined in his poll, or a team that has down years and wins a Superbowl once in a while.

I've noticed alot of younger Dolphin fans who weren't around to remember winning the big game are alot more accepting of mediocrity than those of us old enough to remember how sweet winning it all is......its why they play the games

xiidaen said:

That first paragraph is funny!

Well said and I have to say I could not agree more.

Maybe we should move this to the right thread?

BlueFin said:
Who said there was? The man asked a question and I answered, and NO, we haven't been a legitmate Superbowl contender since at least 93'.

I took your statement "No, personally I''ll take a 13-3 and a Superbowl plus a down year versus a 9-7 and 10-6 season and no playoffs or first round elimination." to mean you said that that 'trade' is what you would prefer. I was just pointing out that you don't get to make that trade, you just get the losing seasons.

However, I think you've crossed threads, and THOUGHT you were responding to the 'hypothetical poll' - where the question you quoted is posed. Here, the thread author is just asking 'Isn't it better to have the consitancy we had than to go 3-13 half the time?'

Now, I'll argue my answer is still correct on the poll thread, but the hypothesis there is there effectively IS such a store...but...that's another thread.

I needs a freakin' ring to hang my pride hat on!!

If the next year we flop then at least were sittin' pretty on draft day!

Give me a ring or Wanny's Head!!!!! :fire:

Super_Duper85 said:

They show their optimisim when its needed but they will also show their opinon on certain situation. "The December chokers" no more. Save these standings because it will indeed be the finals :D
Miami-11-5 Playoff Berth
New England-9-7 Wild Card
NYJ-9-7 Miss Playoffs
Buffalo-6-10 Miss Playoffs

Back
Top Bottom