Opinions on Miami drafting Ryan Tannehill with the #8 pick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Opinions on Miami drafting Ryan Tannehill with the #8 pick

With all the trading going on in front of us, we just sat still watching the other GM's going after top 10 players, while we waited at #8 to reach for the number 19 prospect.

love the pick. we have the right staff to build a young qb

My opinion is mock drafts are an increasingly worthless waste of time, given the new salary structure and therefore teams willing to bounce around. I'm thrilled I didn't look at a single mock throughout the process.

Tannehill is guesswork, as far as I'm concerned. I posted in the main forum a couple of weeks ago that I wouldn't know what to expect. I prefer guys who were early blue chippers, regardless if they were later improperly downgraded. Tannehill was marginally high rated out of high school then redshirted and sat behind lesser talents. Every category is good but not great. I'd feel better about him if he were a self sure guy, like Tom Brady telling Robert Kraft that he just made the best decision of his life. Tannehill was passive on the Gruden quarterback camp and never flashed the type of athletic arrogance that Victor Cruz, for example, demonstrates on almost every play. He escapes then runs with level shoulders and doesn't look particularly aware or urgent. LSU made him look ordinary. I'm worried Tannehill might turn out to be a long term tease --- "Better than most" --- but not enough to legitimately threaten deep playoff level.

i think the new coaching staff is why im so happy about the pick. if tony was still here i would probly feel alot different

i think the new coaching staff is why im so happy about the pick. if tony was still here i would probly feel alot different

That's exactly how I feel as well. Who knows him better than Sherman, and if he thinks he's worth it than that's a positive in my eyes.

Would have prefered adding picks and drafting him later, but takes two teams to make trades...

My opinion is mock drafts are an increasingly worthless waste of time, given the new salary structure and therefore teams willing to bounce around. I'm thrilled I didn't look at a single mock throughout the process.

Tannehill is guesswork, as far as I'm concerned. I posted in the main forum a couple of weeks ago that I wouldn't know what to expect. I prefer guys who were early blue chippers, regardless if they were later improperly downgraded. Tannehill was marginally high rated out of high school then redshirted and sat behind lesser talents. Every category is good but not great. I'd feel better about him if he were a self sure guy, like Tom Brady telling Robert Kraft that he just made the best decision of his life. Tannehill was passive on the Gruden quarterback camp and never flashed the type of athletic arrogance that Victor Cruz, for example, demonstrates on almost every play. He escapes then runs with level shoulders and doesn't look particularly aware or urgent. LSU made him look ordinary. I'm worried Tannehill might turn out to be a long term tease --- "Better than most" --- but not enough to legitimately threaten deep playoff level.

Who hasn't LSU in the last few years make look ordinary? He put up 24 points on one of the best defences with his supporting staff. Texas AM has no talent for him to lean on unlike every other prospect.

I'm in the happy crowd. Am I sure he will succeed, not at all. But I think he's a worker by all accounts, which is huge for Qbs at the next level. Steve YOung talked about it today that if he is first in and last out of the building and willing to work at the position the sky is the limit. He makes the best throws from a disturbed pocket and the best pocket presence of all the Qbs in this draft. Those are huge.

Where is that guy with the cat barfing avitar? That's how I feel.

I think it was a reach and we should've traded down. That being said, he is now a Miami Dolphin so I will root for him and hope he turns out to be great. I hope I'm wrong about him because I'll gladly eat a crow buffet

If we drafted him then Sherman saw something special in him. That's what makes me excited about this pick.

I am very happy and look forward to the QB competition in training camp. Should make everyone better.

i am happy/ relieved. we didnt screw it up (seattle). He wasnt going to be there in rd 2 and trading back into rd one would have been too dangerous.

Back
Top Bottom